Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It's strange but I'm not interested in the title chase... and we're in it. I want Champions League football repeatedly to keep our best players and establish ourselves.

I don’t mind finishing behind Liverpool, as they are the only ones who probably don’t have a need for our players. All of the other ’top’ teams who could potentially appeal to our players, I love seeing them fail.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Unfortunately it's probably already over Finnegan.

Man City will drop more points too, whereas Liverpool look so strong.

Don’t overlook that fixture congestion in December and they have got jammy in some games recently, us, sheff United and Villa 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's strange but I'm not interested in the title chase... and we're in it. I want Champions League football repeatedly to keep our best players and establish ourselves.

I don't even think we're in it tbh, these two are a class above. If we've closed the 8pt gap in the next few months then maybe, but perhaps our success a few years ago takes away some of the ambition of where we are now.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t overlook that fixture congestion in December and they have got jammy in some games recently, us, sheff United and Villa 

I agree.

They’ve had a fantastic start and have a big lead but it’s only early November.

So much football left to play and they’ll have a wobble at some stage.

Not saying we’ll catch them but it’s not all done and dusted yet.

• Like 1

Just now, adam said:

How bad is john stones. And how on earth has he got in the England squad. 

Just now, The Guvnor said:

How on earth is Stones playing for Man City.

Exactly what I thought, might as well get Brian Carey out of retirement. 

If, according to some, Liverpool are now ‘nailed on’ to win the title - because they have an eight-point lead - then surely by the same logic we are even more ‘nailed on’ to finish in the top four - as we have a NINE-point lead over fifth.

The truth is there are 26 games to go.

Just now, Hammo said:

If, according to some, Liverpool are now ‘nailed on’ to win the title - because they have an eight-point lead - then surely by the same logic we are even more ‘nailed on’ to finish in the top four - as we have a NINE-point lead over fifth.

The truth is there are 26 games to go.

But Liverpool have barely lost a game in 2 years

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How come they refer to Man City as “city” when there are many and that are a city? Like

us for example 

If @ScouseFox doesn't hook you in then this guy will do his best to reel you in lol

Edited by EastAnglianFox

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Unfortunately it's probably already over Finnegan.

Man City will drop more points too, whereas Liverpool look so strong.

Who cares about Man City any more. We have as much chance of catching Liverpool as they do.  So do Chelsea.  I admit it's pretty much zero chance any of us will catch them, but it's not just down to Man City to do it now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How come they refer to Man City as “city” when there are many and that are a city? Like

us for example 

Because they're the biggest club called City, and also because they're a "City" in a two-club town. You can shorten our name to "Leicester," but you can't shorten their name to "Manchester."