Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Yeah I hate that too its like we dont exist. Well they said they move 9 points clear (of man city) but what about the 8 points they are above second? Apparently that doesn't count! 🤬🤬

More reason to win it. Under the radar.

17 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

Only injuries can stop Liverpool from winning the league.

Think that only applies to us.

Atleast that's all i've heard from pundits.

"Oooh, if Leicester get one or two injuries they won't be able to keep it up" as if every other team could afford injuries and still be as strong.

Guardiola’s interview did him no favours. Repeatedly calling his team’s performance “so good” is surely the last thing Man City fans want to hear. He just came across as a bad loser and a bit of a tw@.

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Guardiola’s interview did him no favours. Repeatedly calling his team’s performance “so good” is surely the last thing Man City fans want to hear. He just came across as a bad loser and a bit of a tw@.

They weren't bad as a team, incredibly wasteful and on another day they score a few combined with unlucky in terms of official decisions. Their defence was poor though. 

He's right to be annoyed the first goal which started their drop. Yes, he's a bit of a twat and a bad loser, but he has reasons to be annoyed today. 

We’re in a perfect position, media writing us off again already. It suits us just fine. Keep performing and keep winning games. 

lets see where we are come December 21st and face city away before Liverpool at home on Boxing Day. We’ve on paper a good run of fixtures between now and then, if we can stay in touch then the 2 games against the big boys could be interesting.

29 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Liverpool will bottle it and have a major wobble at some point.   Its inevitable. 

After this international break they currently have 13 games scheduled in 40 days, thats a game every 3 days, 2 of them are in a country 4000 miles away 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fingers crossed we start it off 

Nah. Fingers crossed its already ongoing by that point and our game against them puts us top of the table...

Dare to dream, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Media ****s me off big time, Liverpool move clear of title rivals Man City.... are we in second for a laugh or? 

Who cares what others think of us or don't?

Look at the bright side - that way, we can fly under the radar for a few more weeks.

We'll just continue the way we're doing right now and a Top Three finish and European Football are guaranteed. In a season with Liverpool and Manchester City doing so well, that'd be one heck of an achievement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shamomoa said:

Yeah I hate that too its like we dont exist. Well they said they move 9 points clear (of man city) but what about the 8 points they are above second? Apparently that doesn't count! 🤬🤬

That's a bit like searching for an argument.

Peace out and chill, the longer the media don't cover or don't mention us, the better. Pressure will be on other teams instead, such as Chelsea.

43 minutes ago, Hammo said:

A lot of a twat in my opinion.

Question.

In a season where media favourites are struggling thus far, does the top 4, top 6, move and become the top 7, top 14 even. :dunno:

Pfft, how dare these unfashionable, small club clog up the top places.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Liverpool have only dropped 2 points of out 36 which is frankly absurd. They have for sure ridden their luck though and should have dropped many more points than that such as against ourselves, Villa, Sheffield United and Spurs. But that's football, and you can't say we also didn't have our share of luck in 15/16 when we won it. To win the league you have to not only be a very good team, but you do need a little bit of luck to go your way too.

I personally wouldn't give up hope at an outside chance of the title though. Liverpool are about to enter an insane run of fixtures thanks to the Club World cup and December + Champions League matches next season will mean they drop some points. I think the bigger issue is that last season the champions finished with 98 points and runners-up with 97 points respectively and I just cannot see us getting anything like that amount. Beating our tally of 81 does as crazy as it sound seem possible as of today but anything above 90 I think is unrealistic. And I think 92 - 93 points is still what will be needed to secure the league.

As it stands you have to be delighted with where we are and how we are doing. Our own team is phenomenal and improving every week, hence why we are now up to second. I'd love for us to be beat Liverpool and give it a right go though, it would be good for the league as well as fun for our supporters!

• Like 2

Dont get how the title race can he over after only 12 games. Let the media do their thing, but one thing for sure is that liverpool will drop more points but more importantly can we sustain our form and be in the driving seat to capitalise. 

Dont listen to the media when they say that only 2 teams can win the league. Their analysis is based on historical performances over recent seasons coupled with big team bias. But this season I think us and Chelsea have played the best football but we have been the most effective team in the league. If we can sustain this form we will he there competing for the title.