Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

I used to hate AFTV because of the negativity but recently I've realised that they are totally part of the problems at Arsenal. Their fans have a soapbox platform, thats the biggest and well known fan channel on YouTube due to being one of the firsts, which is constantly recycling their own toxicity again and again. 

It's unintentionally funny to watch these angry, entitled loudmouths lose their grip on sanity, whilst knowing it's being spread throughout their fanbase constantly 

What you say about them recycling their toxicity is spot on. I see them as a kind of fascinating self-fuelling machine of bile, delusions, entitlement, anger... a bit like a christmas pantomime with the bright, positive parts of cinderella, fairy godmother etc cut out, just focusing solely on the villain. I think that's what their channel is about, for the most part. If they suddenly started to be less negative, controversial, and became level-headed, reasonable, polite - the number of views would inevitably soar. It's the fans doing the tabloids work, essentially. The 'spinning shit' kind of fans lol

We can only sit back and revel in their 'misery', but I don't think anyone should feel guilty about it. After all it's not a real misery like when the club is relegated or goes into administration (not to say about the non-football related miseries), it's only a pantomime kind of misery. Like pantomime villains, most of that lot are self-centred, and too one-sided to understand the other fans' or clubs' point of view, also they never seem to learn on their mistakes and shortcomings. I think that's what makes them so hilarious. They are cartoony, over the top versions of what I'd imagine a proper, 'normal' Arsenal would be like.  

Well, they are making their own bed, as I see it. These fans and Arsenal as a club too.

It has to be said, occasionally someone on AFTV speaks sense... but it's so rare, it's almost like finding a pearl in a cesspool.

• Like 1

Just how bad can Arsenal get? They seem to get worse by the game. I don't think it's an exagerration with the way they've played to say they're an Aubameyang injury away from relegation candidates and it's so ridiculous, but how aren't they? They're getting routinely beaten and outplayed. They're getting worse by the week.

I don't know what the term for the opposite of new manager bounce is but I know what it looks like.

53 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just how bad can Arsenal get? They seem to get worse by the game. I don't think it's an exagerration with the way they've played to say they're an Aubameyang injury away from relegation candidates and it's so ridiculous, but how aren't they? They're getting routinely beaten and outplayed. They're getting worse by the week.

I don't know what the term for the opposite of new manager bounce is but I know what it looks like.

The amount of players they have that you’d say aren’t too half quality is staggering.
Their actual good players:

Leno, Torreira, Lacazette, Aubameyabg.

Mid table standard:

Holding, Bellerin, Luiz, Sokratis, Guendouzi.

Worse:

Xhaka, Kolasanac, Pepe, Willock, Saka, Maitland-Niles. Probably Özil too these days.

They have enough talent but they’re all gutless wonders. An Albrighton type player would have their fans turning their noses up but he’s the type of character they need. I think “no leaders” is a shitty throwaway comment you make when you lose; in Arsenal’s case it’s actually true.

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Mid table standard:

It's funny because quite a few of them want Bellerin to be named captain. He had a decent season a few years back, wore a big sweatshirt, and said something progressive so I guess he's the guy. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The amount of players they have that you’d say aren’t too half quality is staggering.

Mid table standard:

Worse:

Xhaka, Kolasanac, Pepe, Willock, Saka, Maitland-Niles. Probably Özil too these days.

They have enough talent but they’re all gutless wonders. An Albrighton type player would have their fans turning their noses up but he’s the type of character they need. I think “no leaders” is a shitty throwaway comment you make when you lose; in Arsenal’s case it’s actually true.

I don't even think Lacazette is that good to be honest. He sums them up. Never turns up away from home, isn't actually as good as his reputation suggests. Aubameyang is the only top player at that club. Torreira I'd knock down one for now as well.

I don't actually think Arsenal will get relegated but the question is what do they have to do to be considered? Because for me they've been the single worst side in the league this past two months, at best on a par with Watford. They've been a disgrace.

Guest Markyblue
49 minutes ago, Koke said:

How are Arsenal fans deluded for not wanting their team to sit 10th? It's no wins in 9. How are they deluded for not wanting to watch that garbage? There would be mass toxicity on here if we sat 10th and hadn't won in 9 and just lost 1-2 at home to Brighton.

Puel had us 9th-12th and this place was completely toxic. Are our fans entitled ***** as well then?

The AFTV lads are responding to what they see on the pitch. It's not their fault the club is run like a circus and their players are useless.

You talk about them not be deluded,  i saw an interview with one of the regulars on there a couple of weeks ago and he said that the squad they have is much better than ours.

10 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

You talk about them not be deluded,  i saw an interview with one of the regulars on there a couple of weeks ago and he said that the squad they have is much better than ours.

Yeah that's 1 guy. But overall their anger and reaction to the club's current state is not one of delusional.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, surrifox said:

Not saying it will happen in BRs case but you would probably want to take over a side in free fall as expectations would be initially that much lower and you would hopefully get the time you need and the financial backing to turn it round . Succeeding Wenger whose fault was only finishing top 4 and not winning the league and CL every season was the worst gig 

There’s a reason they’re in free fall though and it’s not going to be an easy fix. Their squad is so poor for Arsenal standards and they’ve got players like Ozil on stupid money. 

The next man going into that job is going to have to be the Arsenal version of our Puel. 

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Mid table standard:

Worse:

I said before the season they were a mid table team at best and I stand by it. 

I don't think they've been badly managed even, I think their league position is par for the squad. 

What we forget is that the media crawling up their arse, telling them they're special, all the stuff we complain about on here when Leicester are overlooked. It's actually a double edged sword. It comes back on them. Because nobody tells them what they need to hear which is that their squad is shit. 

Even after they lost to us I was reading swarms of arsenal fans claim their squad is more talented than ours and just blaming the manager. It's insane. 

I even think your evaluations are generous. Torreira should be down a level at mid table, Luiz is relegation quality, so is Holding and Sokratis is very lower mid table. 

Defensively its the worst Arsenal side I've ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Mid table standard:

Worse:

Spot on with the quality of their team. I reckon it all comes down to bad planning in the transfer market. We sell Maguire and the season before had bought his replacement. Arsenal are screaming out for dominant defenders and sign £72m Pepe and David Luiz!

Really makes you appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes here. Hopefully Rodgers can see that.

I think the arsenal fan tv guy is pretty spot on there to be fair. Saying if you want to have a small club mentality then charge small club prices. 

When they're charging arsenal fans what they are, they have a right to demand top quality football imo. 

• Like 1

I know I will be ridiculed but, I can't stop thinking Claude Puel should be Arsenals next manager. I think he could do the same there as what he did for us, the man has no fear and doesn't give a shit about reputation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

I know I will be ridiculed but, I can't stop thinking Claude Puel should be Arsenals next manager. I think he could do the same there as what he did for us, the man has no fear and doesn't give a shit about reputation. 

Aftv would be great viewing after he was announced fam.