Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Will be an interesting season, I fancy us, Wolves, Everton & Watford to challenge United & Chelsea for 5th, 6th & 7th.

Brighton will be down unless they bring some quality in up front. Murray will be 36 in September.

Sheff United and either Norwich or the play off winner will join them.

19 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Apart from Liverpool and Manchester City who are both far more better than the rest, the other 4 top 6 sides are poor. Spurs have lost 12 games already ffs. If Chelsea lose Hazard too their investment will be interesting.

We should be looking to push top 6 and reach at least one semi-final of the League Cup or FA Cup.

Spurs are the borderline one for me. I think they're comfortably better than the other three but 12 defeats is ridiculous for a side that high up and can't be ignored. I think them making the CL semis gives them a pass to me. I can also forgive them somewhat as they're over-achieving compared to those three, who all under-achieve.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate whichever idiot who let Ozil and Sanchez run down their deals at Arsenal - this has ended up screwing Arsenal big time and Man Utd's idiocy by getting involved has screwed them as well. It's hilarious.

• Like 1

A few predictions, not based on any facts or reasons.

Man Utd, will finish 8th.

Chelsea will finish 7th.

Arsenal will struggle to finish in the top 10.

Leicester City, Wolves, Everton, and even West Ham will be competing for top 6 places.

Man City will win the P/L for the third year in a row.

Liverpool with come second again after blowing a 10 point lead with 4 games to go.

Relegation will be between Brighton, the three sides coming up (unless they improve dramatically) and possibly Bournemouth. Newcastle could also be added to the list if Rafa leaves and fingers crossed tin pot clubs like Crystal Palace and Watford will struggle too. 

Tielemans will sign for Leicester City on a 5 year deal.

Vardy will score 25 goals.

Mahrez will leave Man City and sign for Everton or go abroad.

Ponch will leave Spuds to be replaced by Dyche.

Pardew will replace Dyche at Burnley.

Mark Hughes will replace Houghton at Brighton.

Moyes will replace Rafa at Newcastle.

OGS will be sacked by xmas to be replaced by Fat Sam.

Emery will be sacked by January to be replaced by Howe.

Houghton will replace Howe at Bournemouth.

Sarri will be sacked before the season starts to be replaced with Hodgson.

Tony Pulis will go back to Palace.

Leicester City will win the FA cup.

Liverpool will win the League cup.

Man City will win the C/L.

And finally, a totally crazy prediction.........

Iheanacho will score a goal (maybe a 5000/1 shot - and we all know those odds never happen).

17 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

A few predictions, not based on any facts or reasons.

Man Utd, will finish 8th.

Chelsea will finish 7th.

Arsenal will struggle to finish in the top 10.

Leicester City, Wolves, Everton, and even West Ham will be competing for top 6 places.

Man City will win the P/L for the third year in a row.

Liverpool with come second again after blowing a 10 point lead with 4 games to go.

Relegation will be between Brighton, the three sides coming up (unless they improve dramatically) and possibly Bournemouth. Newcastle could also be added to the list if Rafa leaves and fingers crossed tin pot clubs like Crystal Palace and Watford will struggle too. 

Tielemans will sign for Leicester City on a 5 year deal.

Vardy will score 25 goals.

Mahrez will leave Man City and sign for Everton or go abroad.

Ponch will leave Spuds to be replaced by Dyche.

Pardew will replace Dyche at Burnley.

Mark Hughes will replace Houghton at Brighton.

Moyes will replace Rafa at Newcastle.

OGS will be sacked by xmas to be replaced by Fat Sam.

Emery will be sacked by January to be replaced by Howe.

Houghton will replace Howe at Bournemouth.

Sarri will be sacked before the season starts to be replaced with Hodgson.

Tony Pulis will go back to Palace.

Leicester City will win the FA cup.

Liverpool will win the League cup.

Man City will win the C/L.

And finally, a totally crazy prediction.........

Iheanacho will score a goal (maybe a 5000/1 shot - and we all know those odds never happen).

Can you PM me the lottery numbers for the next draw please. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Can you PM me the lottery numbers for the next draw please. Thanks 

1 2 3 4 5 6 

They've got as good a chance as any other combination (and probably a much better chance than my 2020 P/L predictions!!!)

• Haha 1

I think Man City will be even more dominant next season, facing little competition. Liverpool had their best season ever and could only push them, they will lose key players over the summer. I think this will be the first season of the 'one team league'.

Edited by z-layrex

Looking forward to a good season.  Only Man City and Liverpool have accrued more points than us since Roger's arrival.

Good to see Norwich and Sheff Utd up rather than 'orrible Leeds.  WBA please from the play offs.  Let Derby rot another year in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Have Stearman played at KP since he left us? 

Nope.

By the time we played Wolves in Championship in January 2013 he'd already moved to Ipswich on loan. 

And he was on the bench for the cup tie against Sheff Utd in February 2018 but never came on. 

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I think Man City will be even more dominant next season, facing little competition. Liverpool had their best season ever and could only push them, they will lose key players over the summer. I think this will be the first season of the 'one team league'.

Why will Liverpool lose key players? 

16 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

1 2 3 4 5 6 

They've got as good a chance as any other combination (and probably a much better chance than my 2020 P/L predictions!!!)

True, but do you know how many people have those numbers? After the winnings have been divided you’d probably end up with a fiver. lol 

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

https://www.footballdna.co.uk/features/sheffield-united-3-5-2-attacking-overlapping-centre-backs/

Fascinating insight as to how Sheff Utd use their defenders to overlap. 

It's often fascinating to watch live too. Basham is excellent at driving forwards! Often very similar to the way Harry does it when he gets frustrated at the midfield doing nothing lol 

• Like 1

Can see it being same top 2 and Spurs 3rd should they improve few parts of their squad. 

Hard to tell what happens with Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea. The latter's transfer ban could be key and even more so if they lose Hazard. 

If ever there was a chance to break in to that top 6 whether that's us or Everton or Wolves (who are in similar position to us and best chance of doing it) this 2019/20 season would be it. 

Can't see past Manchester City and Liverpool.

It's looking like a good opportunity to have a good go at the top 6 given the rebuilding Arsenal and Manchester United need.

I think Liverpool probably punched above their weight this season - depressingly, I think City will more easily next year.

I can't see OGS lasting till Xmas, by which time United will be mid-table.

Chelsea will struggle to compete if they lose Hazard, especially if their transfer ban is upheld.

Arsenal are no longer a top-four side.

Spurs will continue to be Spurs.

All in all, I think we have a great chance of gate-crashing the top six.

Edited by Buce

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:59, Dan LCFC said:

Spurs are the borderline one for me. I think they're comfortably better than the other three but 12 defeats is ridiculous for a side that high up and can't be ignored. I think them making the CL semis gives them a pass to me. I can also forgive them somewhat as they're over-achieving compared to those three, who all under-achieve.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate whichever idiot who let Ozil and Sanchez run down their deals at Arsenal - this has ended up screwing Arsenal big time and Man Utd's idiocy by getting involved has screwed them as well. It's hilarious.

With regards to Ozil and Sanchez, people living in Glass Houses comes to mind.  Contract extension for Matty James given his horrendous injury history?