Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It seems to me that a simple change to the offside rule would make it easier to administer. Just the whole of the ball needs to be over the line to be a goal (or out of play), why not make it so that the whole of the attacker's body needs to be ahead of the whole of the last defender's body for the attacker to be deemed offside, when the ball is played to him. 

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

It seems to me that a simple change to the offside rule would make it easier to administer. Just the whole of the ball needs to be over the line to be a goal (or out of play), why not make it so that the whole of the attacker's body needs to be ahead of the whole of the last defender's body for the attacker to be deemed offside, when the ball is played to him. 

I guess they would still have to draw lines and analyse it to the millimetre in the marginal instances.

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Surely they have to change it next season. Just use the daylight rule. 

Was never a rule!

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Erm... clear obvious?

Nothing to do with Offside!

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Villa have scored for real now... but it was still checked lol. 

All goals are VAR checked!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You've got to hand it to Dyche, he's done a wonderful job in assembling a mid-table Championship squad.

He's done an amazing job and probably deserves to be managing a top half club with a bigger budget. What doesn't help his case is the style of his brand of football.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Obviously we all say Maddison, vice versa for Chelsea and Villa fans. But it all depends how Southgate wants to set up. For me Maddison, but gut says Mount would be chosen. 

Grealish plays wide predominantly so may not fit.

Grealish maybe on that list but he's yet to get an England call up, I've got a funny feeling Mount will make the team but not Maddison. Even though Mount I found a tad overrated, while Maddison is currently playing for a side that's sitting second in the league. 

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Obviously we all say Maddison, vice versa for Chelsea and Villa fans. But it all depends how Southgate wants to set up. For me Maddison, but gut says Mount would be chosen. 

Grealish plays wide predominantly so may not fit.

Dele Alli not included in the BT poll as his Euros squad place is obviously guaranteed.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

He's done an amazing job and probably deserves to be managing a top half club with a bigger budget. What doesn't help his case is the style of his brand of football.

I guarantee that if you gave Dyche the reigns at a top half Premier League club he'd turn them into Burnley within a year. The guy has no imagination.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Listen I kinda warmed towards him for abit about a year or so ago but that didn't last long - I think it was just because I was so frustrated and fed up with what was happening here.

I don't think Dyche would have it any other way, he loves hiding behind the money excuses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

And he moans about the top players diving etc (which might be valid) - doubt that goes down well!

He wouldn't get the respect from the fans and players at an Arsenal or Spurs.

I remember he was linked to the Everton role and their supporters were like no way - not our type.

Think they ended up with Big Sam anyway!!

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Burnley just need to be gone. At least some teams play some decent football even if they are gonna go down would swap norwhich for them Evan Watford. Hopefully keep dropping lots of points for the rest of the season and be gone with them