Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Don't ask who's going to take points of them, the answer is obvious, every team they will play can do that, even if the odds are massively in Pools favour.

What I ask is:

is it impossible for Livarpool to NOT win the league?

Btw we're still 2nd place mate, you should be in Dreamland too (regardless of our shitty games vs ManCity and Scousers) ! Just saying

I’d say looking at the way their playing and the lead they have It’s foolish to even consider it a possibility until they show some serious signs of a collapse. 

Obviously it’s not impossible but it’s highly improbable and until the lead is at least halved it’s not even worth considering.

I think I dislike Liverpool even more than Spurs. (At least Spurs provide a lot of amusing moments). I think I dislike their managers equally though.

By the way - on VAR - if they didn't draw precise lines and do it to mms,  you know full well that the TV companies would. It's a TV phenomenon. VAR, as it is currently implemented, is totally disrespectful to fans in the stadium.

Edit: Bloody hell - Man City's first goal. Disgraceful. 

Edited by trabuch

Have I missed something with this Man City goal that is the new whinge magnet for people? The Sheff Utd player kicks the ball to the ref, he gets out of the way, doesn't touch it and plays on as there is no rule saying it should be stopped. I could have some sympathy if the ref had ran 20 yards to make the block but the Sheff Utd player really didn't need to pass him the ball.

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Have I missed something with this Man City goal that is the new whinge magnet for people? The Sheff Utd player kicks the ball to the ref, he gets out of the way, doesn't touch it and plays on as there is no rule saying it should be stopped. I could have some sympathy if the ref had ran 20 yards to make the block but the Sheff Utd player really didn't need to pass him the ball.

Players aren't expected to make passes based on where the ref is. The ref clearly interfered with play - that shouldn't happen. Unless he touches the ball there is no specific rule that says there should be a drop ball, but it wouldn't have been unreasonable in the spirit of the law. But the spirit of the law is virtually non-existant now.

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I guess VAR was just invented to make sure Liverpool get all the decisions. 

Who knows but their title will always have the *Var enacted*  next to it lol

5 hours ago, nnfox said:

Keep VAR.  Scrap the offside rule.

I was thinking the same thing. Just free for all it. Perhaps we sign usain bolt :)

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Yeah was gonna post about that myself earlier.

"This is Liverpool. This means more."

Really winds me up, not sure why, although at the moment anything to do with Liverpool winds me up.

Just stinks of self entitlement, which sums the club and fanbase up I guess.

The local rail system here has those adds all the way up the escalators. Pisses me off every time I see it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Bored of VAR talk.

Obsessively whining over the best team in the league getting too many (mostly correct) VAR decisions is a very bad look.  Especially for the second-place team, especially after the best side just made you look like a schoolboy eleven on Boxing Day.  We really should be better than that.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

The local rail system here has those adds all the way up the escalators. Pisses me off every time I see it.

not been on the trains for a while but almost sure when i last went to central they had them posters with that slogan and then a quote from someone like “peter, from shrewsbury” or something. 

was like a parody of itself. 

Something else that is irritating about Man City and feels like big club entitlement is that, during the festive matches, they've only had to play 1 away game (the loss to Wolves) - with 3 out of their 4 Christmas fixtures being played at the Etihad. We, on the other hand, just got the 1 game at home (vs Liverpool), with 3 of our 4 fixtures being away!

I might be being a little pedantic, but looking at it like that, it is annoying

Edited by Kendal Fox

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Obsessively whining over the best team in the league getting too many (mostly correct) VAR decisions is a very bad look.  Especially for the second-place team, especially after the best side just made you look like a schoolboy eleven on Boxing Day.  We really should be better than that.

They'd be comfortably top even without VAR. Doesn't take away the fact they've had loads of, shall we say favourable decisions 

36 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We gave Liverpool their easiest game of the season!

Unless you listen to the neutral sports journalists who are hailing the Liverpool win as their best performance of the season?

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Unless you listen to the neutral sports journalists who are hailing the Liverpool win as their best performance of the season?

Obviously I’m bias but I don’t think Liverpool was anything special against us, based on the game yes they probably deserved to win but it wasn’t because of them “blowing” us away, we just never turned up 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’d love to see a table of VAR points by club based on +1 for a decision for and -1 for a decision against. 

I'd say we'd be high up on the list of beneficiaries. Other than the Son one I can't think of a dodgy one we've received though 

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I’d love to see a table of VAR points by club based on +1 for a decision for and -1 for a decision against. 

I think this is what you are looking for

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd say we'd be high up on the list of beneficiaries. Other than the Son one I can't think of a dodgy one we've received though 

Agree we haven’t been hard done by, but it would be interesting to see if there’s any evidence of a big club bias. Anyway we’re a big club these days aren’t we? :D