Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 hours ago, twister said:

Something does not sit right about football at the moment, I was talking to a friend like me who has competed and grown up in sport and he agreed. Yes all sport is on the dark side to some extent but now it seems  unbelivable.

the ability of teams to press to the extent that they can almost suffocate opposition seems abnormal, but its more the insane running players do now, to see some players barley sweating after running 11-12 km in a game is unbelivable.

I am convinced that a lance armstrong type scandal will come out in the game, I have played and watched the game 30 years and the levels of fitness now of some players is almost beyond the norm for even a super fit footballer..

I am quite good at these things predicted marion jones, chambers etc would be caught well before they were, you can sometimes smell the smoke if you no the sport enougth.

weather the sport will let that happen is another thing, it might break it if they did.

Players are not drinking or smoking like they used, they are more professional, train harder, have better training equipment/knowledge etc etc etc. Look at any sport, running a good example. Records are there to be broken and over time, varying factors aid in that. I am sure that supplements nowadays help in recovery, supplements (legal ones) that were not known about/used in the days of past. It's just evolution of footballers. Look at Ronaldo, yes he is gifted, but he excels to above human abilities because of his work ethic. It's not strange at all if you think about it.

I am sure not everyone is drug free but it's nothing compared to cycling.

I know they will go above us but I hope Citeh absolutely stuff Villa ...  we need their confidence to be absolutely shot to pieces before we play them and ours to be back where it was, or my trip to Wembley might have to be put back on hold ....    AGAIN !!!

(And when we are 3 up we can take JV off quickly so that he doesn’t get another yellow and miss the final).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I know they will go above us but I hope Citeh absolutely stuff Villa ...  we need their confidence to be absolutely shot to pieces before we play them and ours to be back where it was, or my trip to Wembley might have to be put back on hold ....    AGAIN !!!

(And when we are 3 up we can take JV off quickly so that he doesn’t get another yellow and miss the final).

Getting two yellows in the semis doesn't mean you'll miss the final now.

Lets stop talking about being 3 goals up and resting players too, we did this in the first leg and barely scraped a draw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Good half for us without being great.

Decent pressure for goal.

Hopefulky keep this up a Bournemouth look poor but they have a nagging habit of getting something.

When are you getting your Nigel Pearson tattoo? 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Good half for us without being great.

Decent pressure for goal.

Hopefulky keep this up a Bournemouth look poor but they have a nagging habit of getting something.

My only criticism of Nigel is that he occasionally shows tactical nativity in these kind of situations, but I hope he gets you out of this mess. Always love big Nige, absolute legend.