Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No VAR check on a possible red card there for Robertson despite him clearly going over the ball and catching Tanganga half way up his shin. Not surprised.

Neville and Tyler called a handball against Liverpool, for Neville to murmour what sounded like not surprised it wasn't given

12 minutes ago, Michael SNM 1 said:

Got the ball first, plus tried to pull out. No red card.

Endangering an opponent surely, so doesn't matter if he gets the ball. Theres been numerous red cards where a players won the ball but put the opposition player in danger of injury.

Plus its irrelevant if it is or isn't, there was apparently no check anyway.

Something does not sit right about football at the moment, I was talking to a friend like me who has competed and grown up in sport and he agreed. Yes all sport is on the dark side to some extent but now it seems  unbelivable.

the ability of teams to press to the extent that they can almost suffocate opposition seems abnormal, but its more the insane running players do now, to see some players barley sweating after running 11-12 km in a game is unbelivable.

I am convinced that a lance armstrong type scandal will come out in the game, I have played and watched the game 30 years and the levels of fitness now of some players is almost beyond the norm for even a super fit footballer..

I am quite good at these things predicted marion jones, chambers etc would be caught well before they were, you can sometimes smell the smoke if you no the sport enougth.

weather the sport will let that happen is another thing, it might break it if they did.

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think the endless diving in football is killing it for me.

The amount of players having a sit down making out they are injured and then jumping up as soon as their team regains possession has got so much worse this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I think the endless diving in football is killing it for me. In today's game there are so many free kicks it's getting tedious. Players really do go down at the slightest touch and it's ruining it for me. Take today's game at the KP, not a single bad tackle in the game and yet about 500 free kicks. The fact cheating is now considered normal and the fact players are often criticised for not cheating shows how used to it we've become.

If you think it's bad here you should watch Portuguese football, it's become totally unwatchable thanks to the diving (cheating).

Edited by z-layrex

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Endangering an opponent surely, so doesn't matter if he gets the ball. Theres been numerous red cards where a players won the ball but put the opposition player in danger of injury.

Plus its irrelevant if it is or isn't, there was apparently no check anyway.

He doesn’t hit him with the studs, he kind of hits him with the outside of his foot. The fact tanganga got up quickly helped him. The Aubameyang challenge was way worse and even that wasn’t huge initially

4 hours ago, Michael SNM 1 said:

He doesn’t hit him with the studs, he kind of hits him with the outside of his foot. The fact tanganga got up quickly helped him. The Aubameyang challenge was way worse and even that wasn’t huge initially

Pretty sure he does get him with studs. 

Just because the Aubameyang challenge was worse doesn't make the Robertson challenge not worthy of a red. 

5 hours ago, Michael SNM 1 said:

Sure about the studs thing? And they were both on the floor for a while. The play continued for a good minute and they were both on the floor.

IMG_20200112_080524.jpg

Oh and the point still stands that it wasn't even looked at by VAR, let alone reviewed and decided it was fine, it just wasn't reviewed at all.

Edited by Facecloth

5 hours ago, Michael SNM 1 said:

Just watching last nights MOTD, you've been listening to Jenas, that's where you outside of the foot opinion comes from lol Jenas is talking out of his arse. Try forming you own opinion.

Edited by Facecloth

12 hours ago, Paddy. said:

The fact cheating is now considered normal and the fact players are often criticised for not cheating shows how used to it we've become.

Mostly by ex-player pundits.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twister said:

Something does not sit right about football at the moment, I was talking to a friend like me who has competed and grown up in sport and he agreed. Yes all sport is on the dark side to some extent but now it seems  unbelivable.

the ability of teams to press to the extent that they can almost suffocate opposition seems abnormal, but its more the insane running players do now, to see some players barley sweating after running 11-12 km in a game is unbelivable.

I am convinced that a lance armstrong type scandal will come out in the game, I have played and watched the game 30 years and the levels of fitness now of some players is almost beyond the norm for even a super fit footballer..

I am quite good at these things predicted marion jones, chambers etc would be caught well before they were, you can sometimes smell the smoke if you no the sport enougth.

weather the sport will let that happen is another thing, it might break it if they did.

2 or 3 players from both sets of players are randomly tested after every game so unless the EPL, FA, UEFA, FIFA are all in on this surely it couldn't happen?

26 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

How do liverpool manage to not have these incidents result in a red? It seems every other team is playing a different set of rules. 

You've only just realised this?

Although they are significantly better than everyone else, incidents like this and all of the favorable VAR decisions aren't generating any goodwill towards them.

• Like 2

Has anybody read any of the Leicester forums this morning. They lost their second home match of the season yesterday and their stupid fans are turning on the players and themselves! Hilarious reading! Half their players are knackered and they have Ndidi out and still they expect to win every single game like entitled children. Joke of a fan base. :ph34r:

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

You've only just realised this?

Although they are significantly better than everyone else, incidents like this and all of the favorable VAR decisions aren't generating any goodwill towards them.

Yes they are, and dont need any assistance which makes it even more odd.