Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

As a club Bournemouth are overarching but they're now are sn experienced PL side and this form is unacceptable. Eddie Howe belong to a team that will finish 12th-17th aka AFC Bournemouth.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

I don't think the media will allow Bournemouth to sack Howe. After all, he has earned the right to get them relegated as many times as he likes by getting them to the PL and keeping them there for 4 years.

Dyche relegated Burnley and brought them back up. They will use him as an example as to why Bournemouth shouldn't sack Howe.

Nigel Pearson‘s arrival at Watford has done wonders for the club. The Hornets secured 10 out of the possible 12 points during the festive period, putting the upwards-trending club two points within reach of escaping the drop zone. Throughout that same stretch of four matches, Pearson and company have outscored opponent’s eight goals to two.

The 56-year-old, who last coached Belgium’s Oud-Heverlee Leuven, is implementing an effective and pragmatic 4-2-3-1 system. But perhaps the reason behind the escape trick isn’t solely based on on-field adjustments, but on the emotional investment that the manager is putting forward.

“I’ve been asked a few times already about whether I had still got enthusiasm or the drive or whatever it is to continue to work, and those are the sorts of questions that I’ve asked myself for sure,” he said leading up to Sunday’s match.

“I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think we were capable of getting out of the situation that we’re in, but I can’t ask people to be committed if I’m not committed myself, so all those things are very important to me and I think this club has got a really strong identity and there’s potential for us to rediscover what we are as a football club.

“I do feel attached to being a part of that and trying to rediscover that.”

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/11/pl-sunday-preview-watford-travel-to-bournemouth-aston-villa-host-city/

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Been very solid - Bournemouth rubbish though.

They have Norwich,Villa and Burnley next.

Tough to decide what to do with Howe as thats a massive 3 games. 

Southampton turned their season around with wins in a similar set of fixtures a while back (think it included you guys before Lord Nigel took the reigns).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

As a club Bournemouth are overarching but they're now are sn experienced PL side and this form is unacceptable. Eddie Howe belong to a team that will finish 12th-17th aka AFC Bournemouth.

Depends whether they can take the hit of relegation. Tough decision yes but you need to be ruthless and take the risk because, presently, they are going down. 3-0 at home to a relegation rival is an appalling result.

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not really though is he.

10 years ago when he took over Bournemouth were on the verge on relegation to non league.

Bournemouth are massively overachieving being in the Championship never mind the top flight. That place is so small, similar to when Burton were in the Championship.

Sure, I agree with that absolutely, he's done an incredible job at Bournemouth that's not in doubt.

I'm really on about Howe being a media darling and being touted for so called "big jobs" like Arsenal, England etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I suppose Howe won't last the next few hours at Bournemouth. Sacking imminent.

Most managers with their recent record would be in a precarious position.

Don't think they'll sack him though.

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

What makes you think that? They've been dross for ages now. 

Worst set of results ever under Howe, if I'm not mistaken. One win in eleven matches is not good enough.

(Yes, I do know injuries are playing a part in it)

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Drinky starting for Villa. Looking forward to seeing him play, it's been a while!

Could be quite amusing, hopefully, for several reasons.

Although, could do with Villa doing us a favour - at the same time, dropping down to 3rd could give us even more of a kick up the backside that we need and focus a few minds.