Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

23 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

With luck like this, imagine when it turns. Klopp sacked halfway through next season?  Unlikely as fuch. 

true, but you have to admit theyve had some luck/ rub of the green

you never know tbh, if they win the league some of their players might want a fresh challenge who knows

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's awful and I shouldn't keep obsessing over what ifs but I can't help but be frustrated that if we'd beaten Burnley and Southampton it would be twenty. TWENTY. Tweeeeenty. 

How good would that feel. Could genuinely just ****ing relax. 

Another way of looking at it is that we had two disastrous losses against Southampton and Burnley and still maintained that 14pt gap to 5th.

One thing on our side this season is the chasing pack goes nowhere. What we have to hope now is that one of those teams within a few points of 5th don't go on a title winning type form for the last 14 games. 

Even if one of those teams on 34 pts finished the season with Man City's form this season (2.125 pts per game) we would still only need 16pts from our last 14 games to finish above them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Traore pissed all over them tonight yet there's still some idiots on here who think he's shit.

His improvement this season has been massive compared to last season. Just his awareness and ability to find a team-mate more regularly now, as well as adding a few goals too. 

Hate the Liverpool love fest but ultimately a good result for us. A fourteen point cushion plus a superior goal difference, with 14 games to go - 8 wins and avoid defeat at Wolves - job done! Also, with only 4 points separating 5th to 14th plenty of scope for that lot to do each other in. Even 6 wins from our remaining games would set a tough target for any of the teams trying to overhaul us.   

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

His improvement this season has been massive compared to last season. Just his awareness and ability to find a team-mate more regularly now, as well as adding a few goals too. 

Can we borrow one of your coaches to help with Chilwell's final ball? 

He could be some player if he could improve this part of his game👍😉

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Guys we are Foxes therefore we can't shit ourselves because of Wolves. We're not fuchin red riding hoods

Even if they win somehow there still would be 11 points between us. Chelski are closer, come on

Seriously is it only me that want Scousers to lose?

I'd very much like SHU and Wolves to be 5-6 or 4-6 even, obviously us to be 2-3rd

I'm actually reading through this thread wondering if there was any mouthbreathers cheering on Wolves. well done, i didn't think there would be any.

In the title winning season were you also one of those cheering on Tottenham vs Chelsea as you wanted to win the title at home to Everton?

• Like 1

I have never seen a team carry as much luck as this liverpool team has had

The sad thing is they are going to smash arsenals unbeaten record but arsenal were far better to watch than them and I'd back them to beat them in a head to head.

Bergkamp against Gomez would not have been pretty.

• Like 2

Just now, Gerard said:

I'm actually reading through this thread wondering if there was any mouthbreathers cheering on Wolves. well done, i didn't think there would be any.

In the title winning season were you also one of those cheering on Tottenham vs Chelsea as you wanted to win the title at home to Everton?

You really like mouthbreathers don't you? You must be a Harry Kane fan in disguise masquerading as a Leicester supporter

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You lot keep wringing your hands about the gap to 5th, but you're too good a team to lose that many points now. You should be concentrating on trying to finish 2nd, not worrying about Europa League football. 

Absolutely right but with Leicester nothing's certain 'til it's certain. Wolves were comfortably the better team tonight and, along with Sevilla, a real threat to win the Europa League.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It just baffles me that anyone would cheer on a result that is detrimental to Leicester. 

You can say what you want but it's a simple indisputable fact that our chances of getting CL increased tonight because Wolves lost. 

Mate could you please stop wetting your bed? WE ARE AHEAD OF THEM. That's all that matters, ultimately. We would still be a fuchin 11 points above them even if they had won. Whatever. Read the following posts too if you really are this bothered I've already explained my point of view once lol

Edited by Chester Dontlie

25 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You lot keep wringing your hands about the gap to 5th, but you're too good a team to lose that many points now. You should be concentrating on trying to finish 2nd, not worrying about Europa League football. 

I'm with the Wolvey. If we win 5 out of our 14 games then Wolves, Spurs or Utd need to win 10 out of 14 to go above us. Call it 5 wins and a draw for us and they need 10 wins and a draw! On their current form, with current injuries and with them all being in Europe still, I can't see any of them achieving that. 4 points out of our next 9 would be more than good enough. Then in March we have Villa, Watford and Brighton, which are all winnable for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Depends on your perspective. As a football decision it was poor.

As the fact liverpool are gone over the hill and no one is catching them and wolves are more of a danger to us than most. I'll take it.

Yup. I want Liverpool to lose as much as anybody but I’m relieved that turned out how it did. Looked like it could go the other way, and that would have been a little unnerving if it had.

Just now, Gerard said:

I'm just saying that the quicker we get CL football the better and the more our rivals mess up the easier it will be. 

The points gap is significant as it allows us some breathing space if we hit a slump and it may allow us to rotate players in league games to concentrate on the FA Cup assuming we're still in it after the weekend. 

Anyone cheering on Wolves tonight isn't proper Leicester IMO. It just shows that they're prepared to lessen our chances of CL because they don't like Liverpool, like Wolves, etc. I just want what is best for Leicester so I can't understand your loyalty to wanting a Wolves win tonight but we'll leave it here. Enjoy your evening. 

I didn't want Wolves to win as much as I wanted L'pool to lose or draw, but I guess you must know better, since you are without a doubt the most proper and loyal Leicester fan on here. Whatever makes you sleep better at night :thumbup: 

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

The thing I can't work out is why you'd be happy to cut our lead by 3 points just for the sake of seeing Liverpool lose. As a Leicester fan, I just want what's best for them. I really hate Man Utd, but if them winning a game somehow helps us, I'll want them to win it.

I just think your priorities are all messed up. We've got a great chance of CL football, which could well do us wonders. It could take us to the next level, and it's entirely possible we won't get another chance in our lifetimes. Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal could get their acts together next season and/or we could fall apart. Why any fan would want to jeopardise our chance in any way, over something very trivial, I'll never understand.

I said it already, the gap is big enough for me to be comfortable about it at the moment. I will start worrying when it diminishes to six points.

As of this moment, I have no doubt about us playing CL football next season. Call it a hunch, irrational, but it's just as I had no doubt in January 2016 that we will win the league. We're just too far ahead of the 5th, just as Liverpool is too far ahead of us. Somehow I'm much, much more relaxed this season than I was in 2015/16.

Yes it is trivial, maybe I want too much out of life, but I'd like not only for us to win and qualify for the CL, but also Liverpool to start doing worse, even if it's one odd game only. I guess I'm childish and I'm okay with it. Sorry if it's incomprehensible lol I really can't explain it any better!

• Like 2