Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I said it already, the gap is big enough for me to be comfortable about it at the moment. I will start worrying when it diminishes to six points.

As of this moment, I have no doubt about us playing CL football next season. Call it a hunch, irrational, but it's just as I had no doubt in January 2016 that we will win the league. We're just too far ahead of the 5th, just as Liverpool is too far ahead of us. Somehow I'm much, much more relaxed this season than I was in 2015/16.

Yes it is trivial, maybe I want too much out of life, but I'd like not only for us to win and qualify for the CL, but also Liverpool to start doing worse, even if it's one odd game only. I guess I'm childish and I'm okay with it. Sorry if it's incomprehensible lol I really can't explain it any better!

I think that explains it quite well. Very well in fact. Fair enough, we can't be rational all the time, and who would want to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

His improvement this season has been massive compared to last season. Just his awareness and ability to find a team-mate more regularly now, as well as adding a few goals too. 

Been really good the past 5/6 times I’ve watched him. What a really good player he’s finally turned in to for you lot. He gives defenders the shits before they’ve even stepped on the pitch at the minute and I’m very pleased for him because he’s always seemed like he’s wanted to and tried really hard to do well at this level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

You lot keep wringing your hands about the gap to 5th, but you're too good a team to lose that many points now. You should be concentrating on trying to finish 2nd, not worrying about Europa League football. 

You would be the same if our positions were reversed. For what it's worth Wolves totally deserve the 4th CL place. If there are two of us there then they really are going to have to stop talking about the top 6. Although then they will be talking about how the Premier league is turning into La Liga and becoming all about the top 2.

Which is why we MUST finish 2nd! You've talked me round to it. :)

Edited by trabuch

36 minutes ago, twister said:

Did not say Leicester finishing strongly was not possible as well trabuch just saying finishing in front of City the way they have been playing the last month

seems unrealistic.

Most of the season we've been excellent. We were absolute children against Man City and Liverpool and it took us a couple of games to get out of that mentality. Southampton deserved to win, Burnley didn't. If we get our mentality together we can finish 2nd. Man City lost to Norwich (who are the best team to be bottom of the league by the way - but they are still bottom). And I think we are back now - judging by our performance against Wham.
Our current state is BEST LEICESTER EVER. Long may it continue. 2nd is on.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, twister said:

zero chance of second the squard is tired and city will finish strongly

Liverpool will end up with 112 points city probabaly 85 plus

it will make the league look la liga eque by the season end trust me.

Zero chance of finishing above the team we are only 3 points behind?

I think you need to go back to school and understand chance. 
We both have 14 games to go, Man City are ahead, but are also playing in Europe.

We are both still involved in both domestic competitions.

We still have to play them at home.

2nd should most certainly be our aim for this season. 

• Like 2

5th to Newcastle is tight. You would think the quality of United, Spurs and Wolves will create a gap there but its amazing that over halfway through the season and Steve Bruce is within touching distance of 5th.

34 minutes ago, Koke said:

5th to Newcastle is tight. You would think the quality of United, Spurs and Wolves will create a gap there but its amazing that over halfway through the season and Steve Bruce is within touching distance of 5th.

Blimey I see what you mean, looks like goal difference could make all of the difference this season. 

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

lol

Edited by foxfanazer

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was thinking that the relegation scrap will be between the current bottom 6, but some of you have made me think again. I am wondering what points total the team that finishes 18th this season will end up with.

I’m going to say 43, I can easily see all of the teams at the bottom picking up 5 wins and 5 draws, I really can see it being huge.

Other than Liverpool, every team can beat every other team, and no result surprises me this season.

I can also see some big teams being dragged in if they don’t perform.

6 hours ago, trabuch said:

Changing the subject (and probably in the wrong thread) - I've just seen Troy Deeney on that Amazon football program. What a totally sound person he is. Absolutely lovely man. All is forgiven (particularly when you think if we had been promoted that year we may not have won the ****ing league - and we did you know - we won the ****ing league - I might get bored of saying that before I die [no I won't]).

I would have loved him here a few seasons back. Him and Vards up top :wasyl:

• Like 1

Changing the subject (and probably in the wrong thread) - I've just seen Troy Deeney on that Amazon football program. What a totally sound person he is. Absolutely lovely man. All is forgiven (particularly when you think if we had been promoted that year we may not have won the ****ing league - and we did you know - we won the ****ing league - I might get bored of saying that before I die [no I won't]).

I remember he did the most brilliant analysis of us on the BBC when we won the league. He couldn’t speak highly enough of us.

Last season at home v Watford, him and Fuchs were warming up as subs and having a right laugh together. I reckon Deeney loves us and wishes he could have played for us at some stage. He’s a great character.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m going to say 43, I can easily see all of the teams at the bottom picking up 5 wins and 5 draws, I really can see it being huge.

Other than Liverpool, every team can beat every other team, and no result surprises me this season.

I can also see some big teams being dragged in if they don’t perform.

This most definitely is going to go down to the last day of the season, so exciting and interesting (especially as we’re not involved at the bottom) 

Imagine the last day and there possibly being 5 teams in danger of going down and 2 spots still to be decided (assuming Norwich are sadly already down)

• Like 1

Enjoyed his goal celebration in front of the Holte End at the weekend. The wry smile and head-nodding was nicely understated for someone who, as a lifelong Blues fan, must have felt like doing somersaults on the crossbar...

Seems a really sound bloke.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

I actually love the guy. He's refreshingly honest and great to listen to. As others have mentioned I would have loved him here the season after we'd won the league. I think him and Vardy upfront would have been an absolute nightmare to play against. 

Putting my neutral head on, right now, Wolves are at least as good as we are. The difference this season is that they have had much more games to contend with and struggled early in the season but they have adjusted really well. Of course, we have played some fantastic stuff. I really hope that Wolves make Top 4 because they deserve it, at the expense of Chelsea of course. Liverpool champions, Man City and us are fairly equal with Man City probably having the edge, then Wolves to snatch 4th.

Chelsea are good enough to finish 5th and 6th should really be Sheff Utd (who have also been excellent, even if they play different to us/Wolves), or potentially Tottenham or Southampton who are coming good but may be suffering from that poor league start.

United have an average team but still good enough for Top 7, but they really shouldn't be up there.

Someone mentioned we need 29 points to guarantee Top 4. I think realistically, if we get another 6/7 wins, that'll be enough (maybe even less with a few draws). Teams are going to drop more points below us.

• Like 1