Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Another question would be why are we so many points ahead of them. It's OK judging them on one off games but overall we've been far superior

Yep, again I agree mate, we have been far more consistent and played the better stuff over the season. 

Again its just frustration I guess as it shows how Liverpool can be got at if you show a bit of belief

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Wolves could be an outside bet at 12-1 for the Europa League, they are showing at longer odds than either Man Utd & Arsenal!

Fully firing, their first 11 is better than both.

Their problem will be the lack of depth and number of games- they haven't rotated much and would have a lot of games left to play. Moutinho isn't the youngest and he's played something ridiculous like 45 games already this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Another question would be why are we so many points ahead of them. It's OK judging them on one off games but overall we've been far superior

Because they had such a terrible start and were in the bottom three, prob due to Europa League commitments.  Since then, they've been as good as us so we need to maintain our standards all year to keep them at bay.  Hence, let;s not cheer them on.

• Like 2

Just now, whetstonefox said:

Wolves could be an outside bet at 12-1 for the Europa League, they are showing at longer odds than either Man Utd & Arsenal!

I thought bookies were supposed to be clever. then again maybe they think they are more likely to get CL.

In a perfect world come the end of the season the table will look like this

Liverpool

Leicester

Man City

Wolves

Sheff utd

Chelsea

As we will have won both FA and Carabao cups seventh place might just squeeze in so

Anybody from the chasing pack other than Man Utd, Spurs, or Arsenal

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

But the best way of maintaining that lead is if the chasing pack drop points.  You can't think that this is in the bag with a third of the season to play can you?

You're right, this shouldn't wind me up as much as it does but Leicester fans wanting teams below us to pick up points when we are chasing an historic PL qualification baffles me and makes my teeth itch.  It happens so often in this thread.   Turkeys voting for Christmas.  We may have had a good result and performance last night but our recent form has been sketchy and worse than Wolves'.

Different viewpoints I can accept, but it isn't a matter of opinion that Wolves, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd are our rivals for two CL places.  I always look for their results after ours.

Of course, there's still a long way to go, it aint over until the fat lady sings. I guess I'm somehow more relaxed about it. I said to myself in December, it has been a fantastic season so far, whatever happens, I won't panic and will only start to seriously worry when there's six or less point gap between us and the team below. Chelsea dropping points and us winning last game eased my mind (...until next game, at least). I agree we don't look as slick as Wolves these days and our form has been worrying as of late, hopefully the WHam game was a start of our good/great run.

I too look at the table after each match day to see where we are and how far or near is the chasing pack.

The difference with me I guess is, of all those clubs you've mentioned I'd like Wolves (and Sheffield) to do better in order to destabilize the status quo (the ancient talk about big six, big clubs that pundits repeat each week pre during and after games etc).

I want us (first and foremost), but also clubs like Wolves and SU if possible, to change the prevailing done to death narrative in the media. I'd be over the moon with us finishing in top 4 alone, but IF one of those two clubs finished above some of those 'big clubs' , the old 'top six' like Arsenal, ManU,Tottenham etc, that would be like a cherry on top :)

Edited by Chester Dontlie