Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Draw would be alright. If Man City win then it's no biggy. Is there any difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd (genuine question not being sarcastic). It won't make a difference to our co-efficient will it.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd is around £2m of prize money... not insignificant, but clearly not the £60m or so between 4th and 5th.

• Like 1

Sky must be in absoloute panic mode, nobody was watching the wolves game in the pub I was in.

teams at the bottom starting to get adrift, league title done in Febuary.

Ratings rise Id imagine a huge nose dive come the seasons end.

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'd like Man Utd to finish fifth.

I know that schadenfreude is not attractive but the thought that Harry's United would be kept out of the Chanpions League by his former club would raise a little smirk from me.

It could well come down to the final game for Man Utd at the KP whether they get 4th or not... we might be on the beach by then... hopefully(?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

It could well come down to the final game for Man Utd at the KP whether they get 4th or not... we might be on the beach by then... hopefully(?)

Wouldn’t that be brilliant.

90 minutes in the sun singing ‘European Tour’, ‘On our way’ and ‘Fvck off Maguire’.  No pressure on us and I would be very confident of giving them a hiding.

17 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Why are so many fixated on the chasing pack and our points gap. Ffs Man City lose and we can nick second place when we beat them at the kp. There is no title race but it could be a hell of a fight for second. We should be looking up and let them behind us worry about how they are going catch us.

Purely because top 4 gets us CL. What difference does finishing 2nd make in the grand scheme of things? We're focused on top 4 because we all want a CL campaign.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Why are so many fixated on the chasing pack and our points gap. Ffs Man City lose and we can nick second place when we beat them at the kp. There is no title race but it could be a hell of a fight for second. We should be looking up and let them behind us worry about how they are going catch us.

I agree. Also, I think Guardiola needs the Champions League so I expect them to prioritise that which might give us a chance somewhere along the line.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sheff Utd like us only have the FA cup, whereas Utd, Spurs and Wolves all have to juggle the Europe as well as the prem.

I did suspect so, so for us it doesn't really matter if Man City win or draw, but aslong as Spurs don't get the win to close the gap.

Pretty much so - at least as I understand it. My info is from the Monday night phone in a month or so back. They did a peice on it and walked through it.

2 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Think I heard on the radio he’s gone to US to watch the Super Bowl - long haul flight clearly does wonders for a double stress fracture in the back!!

don’t think he’s flying back on ryanair tbf bro 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's a great result for us. Sheff Utd could be the ones to worry about, but they're so far behind they shouldn't be able to catch us.

EDIT: Just realised how much better our GD is too, that's basically an extra point for us.

Sheffield United now have to be taken seriously as a threat to our top four spot.  Any team up there after 25 games has to be given respect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

In all seriousness, everything coming out of this signing screams he’s a wet wipe and won’t be up for the battle back to the top that United need. 

Love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Perfect result for us. Although we didn't win, it's been a good day. We played well, kept Chelsea from making up any ground, and Wolves and Man Utd also still stuck miles behind.

Nice to see Sheff Utd ahead of Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves this late in the season.

Man City win tomorrow, please. A draw is fine, though.

And another game ticked off with Man Utd, wolve and Chelsea for that matter not gaining any ground. 13 games to play now. 

• Like 1

can’t believe it’s february and leicester fans are having to check sheffield united results so they don’t take our champions league place. and people think this league is boring. 

• Like 3

Just now, ScouseFox said:

can’t believe it’s february and leicester fans are having to check sheffield united results so they don’t take our champions league place. and people think this league is boring. 

It's becoming a distant memory now, but can you imagine reading that sentence back in the Levein days? I think I would have got myself sectioned.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Because as @brucey said the difference between finishing 2nd to 4th is largely insignificant. Finishing 5th instead of 4th costs the club about £70m and CL football. 

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

because other than being champions, it’s a “top 4” for a reason, cos as long as you’re in the top 4, it doesn’t matter where. 

5th would be an absolute disaster, from here. 

You want to finish as high as possible obviously, and if we didn't finish third from here I'd be frustrated, but it won't mean too much with regards to next season in the Champions League- I think Ashley said we're in pot 4 unless we win the title so 2nd-4th, beyond material pride, isn't really significant.

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

You want to finish as high as possible obviously, and if we didn't finish third from here I'd be frustrated, but it won't mean too much with regards to next season in the Champions League- I think Ashley said we're in pot 4 unless we win the title so 2nd-4th, beyond material pride, isn't really significant.

we should aim for 2nd given Man City inconsistency and them being involved in 3 cup competitions. Look up not down if you’re climbing a rock face or an ugly girl is servicing one. 

• Like 1