Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The Gross goal for Brighton is one of the best bits of defending I've seen, comedy at its finest

It came from playing out from the back again. One of the things that happens with all teams, but the worst teams more, obviously, is this passing of buck. The centre back had the ball, Masuaku isn't in a better position the receive the ball from him, but he offloads to him, he's immediately under pressure, messes up the clearance and they are immediately in trouble. Nobody wants to be the guy to aimlessly play it long, nobody wants to **** up the clearance, so they pass the buck until one of their teammates has no choice. That pass to Masuaku was needless, pointless, created no space, did nothing to advance West Ham further up the pitch, but the centre back didn't want to be the one to make the mistake, so he made Masuaku make it.

• Like 1

West Ham will be in deep trouble if they do get relegated, given their stadium controversy.

Just shows that well-known business people in charge of a big football club doesn't necessarily mean things will turn out great in the long-run.

30 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

West Ham will be in deep trouble if they do get relegated, given their stadium controversy.

Just shows that well-known business people in charge of a big football club doesn't necessarily mean things will turn out great in the long-run.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!😀

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

We're just getting what pundits have said for years- "anyone can beat anyone"- only this year it is actually happening.

Except nobody can beat Liverpool and it’s shit

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

I don't think it will happen but I for one would love to see West Ham playing Blackburn or Middlesborough in front of 25 thousand at their horrible stadium.

The ref in the palace game used the monitor and ended up over turning a decision yesterday which is good to see. Chelsea play Utd and spurs next 2 games which if hey could hold both to at least draws will see us in a good position. Would be happy with a draw against wolves just to keep the points ticking along 

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Haha he's turned into such a c u n t. 

When he was with us he was settled and family minded. Now his Mrs is cheating on him and he's boffing a washed up reality star.

At least the kids will get financial security out of Riyad's descent into willy pullerhood.

But remember - he's such a HUMBLE guy. That was the Algerian party line wasn't it? 

Did he knock you back or something?...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Did he knock you back or something?...

He knocked every LCFC fan back but that's gone now.

Amazing that Burnley and Arse have the same points (and look at the relative stars they have) and as much as I dislike Dyche I'm hoping for a Burnley win.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Amazing that Burnley and Arse have the same points (and look at the relative stars they have) and as much as I dislike Dyche I'm hoping for a Burnley win.

It’s weird. I would normally share your preference for a Burnley win, but I am developing a dislike for Burnley (Rather than a predilection for Arsenal I might add)

33 minutes ago, FIF said:

This fixture is normally seen as the honest plucky small town Club trying to ruffle the feathers of a rich fancy dan metropolitan club. With Arsenal being so crap most of the season and on the same points total as Burnley and evenly matched it’s easier to see it as a side attempting to play football against a bunch of thick thugs 

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure I follow as if they get relegated then their rent payments get halved 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Was just listening to radio 5's half time report on this match and the commentator made it sound like Burnley were an obstacle that Arsenal needed to overcome to reassert their rightful place.

:nigel: