Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely, surely that's a trip on Ings? Fabinho moved his ankle to impede Ings otherwise he's through on goal? 

Should of been down to 10 before, clear foul on Firmino not given on the goal line. Ings was falling over and didn’t have control of the ball,that probably made the refs mind.

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Grealish wearing socks rolled down his shins, Steve Claridge style. Is that allowed by the FA? 

He will severely injured one day not wearing shin pads. Such an annoying twat but a brillant footballer.

• Like 1

Looking at historical Tables,  it looks like you need between 70-75 points to finish 3rd or 4th. Which will need the teams currently outside top 4 to win 11 out of 13.  Having said that,  we probably need to win 7 or 8 which on current form, looks unlikely.  Just hope after the break we hit the ground running.

To many things have gone in liverpools favour for it to be normal this year

They are the best team in the league but for me my feeling is the powers want them gto go unbeaten by any means avaliable, VAR is a useful took to enable that..

My sense as well is a lot of teams seeing citys and liverpools dominance have backed away from big spending and are biding their time untill klopp and guardiola leave england.

I see them utterly dominating the league for next few years, If it wasn't for rodgers teams above average performence this season would have been a non event.

Edited by twister

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Looking at historical Tables,  it looks like you need between 70-75 points to finish 3rd or 4th. Which will need the teams currently outside top 4 to win 11 out of 13.  Having said that,  we probably need to win 7 or 8 which on current form, looks unlikely.  Just hope after the break we hit the ground running.

Yes but this is not a typical season.  Even winning all their remaining games Spurs get 76, Sheffield Utd 75 and Man Utd/Wolves 74.

I think 65-68 will do it this year so 5 wins and a couple of draws means it’s time to dust off the passports.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, twister said:

They are the best team in the league but for me my feeling is the powers want them gto go unbeaten by any means avaliable, VAR is a useful took to enable that..

My sense as well is a lot of teams seeing citys and liverpools dominance have backed away from big spending and are biding their time untill klopp and guardiola leave england.

I see them utterly dominating the league for next few years, If it wasn't for rodgers teams above average performence this season would have been a non event.

I don't think Liverpool or Man City will dominate to the extent that they both have been in recent years. Once Liverpool win their first premier league, I reckon they'll not be as relentless. They've been unreal this year as they lost the league last year with 97 points and have stepped it up another level this season, to make sure they don't amass that many points without winning the league.

Once they win it, naturally they become the team that everyone wants to beat and so everyone else raises their game and they will not be able to sustain performance levels as the desperation to win it next season won't be so great. 

So next season will in my opinion be a more normal season and we need to be able to take advantage and look to mount a title challenge. It's going to be tough with a likely champions league campaign but we need to keep everyone here and sign 2/3 reinforcements. 

The sharks will come circiling and I think the owner will sell Chilwell and Maddison to City and Chelsea.

They will want huge wages in the summer and I cant see him being prepared to go away from the succesful model that has worked here

So no title challenge even if we dream of it again.

I see Liverpool and City utterly dominating again,best coaches and squards will get stronger and deeper, city always spend big the summer after they fail to win the league psg style, I could see a Mbappe going there this year.Liverpool will get sancho and werner.

100 point seasons two out of the last three years I see no evidence that changes next year, once city plunge into the market next summer.

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Can’t blame him. His wife’s appetite for doing rounds with Heavyweights is well publicized.   For his sake, I hope he got married in a Muslim Country, otherwise his finances will take a severe haircut, not that he is short of a few quid.

8 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

Yes but this is not a typical season.  Even winning all their remaining games Spurs get 76, Sheffield Utd 75 and Man Utd/Wolves 74.

I think 65-68 will do it this year so 5 wins and a couple of draws means it’s time to dust off the passports.

The way the chasing pack are dropping points it could be 60 points will get you a 4th place slot.

.....makes me feel more optimistic 

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

The season we won the League it was a 5 point to 7 point gap at the top from about this time onwards. Not only did we keep that gap, we increased it by the end of the season. We have a 13 point gap to 5th, and 14 to 6th and 7th. No disrespect to Sheffield United but I can't see them or the chasing pack making up that amount of points. Six wins and a couple of draws will be enough IMO.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, twister said:

I think below Liverpool it's been one of the more interesting ones for a while, top 6 not sewn up, traditional 'superpowers' looking shoddy, new boys in the league in sheff united threatening to gatecrash the Champions League, no one really adrift in the relegation race (maybe Norwich at a push).

Edited by Langston

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Haha he's turned into such a c u n t. 

When he was with us he was settled and family minded. Now his Mrs is cheating on him and he's boffing a washed up reality star.

At least the kids will get financial security out of Riyad's descent into willy pullerhood.

But remember - he's such a HUMBLE guy. That was the Algerian party line wasn't it? 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Haha he's turned into such a c u n t. 

When he was with us he was settled and family minded. Now his Mrs is cheating on him and he's boffing a washed up reality star.

At least the kids will get financial security out of Riyad's descent into willy pullerhood.

But remember - he's such a HUMBLE guy. That was the Algerian party line wasn't it? 

what has he done wrong? people split up with their partners literally every day, in every walk of life, for any reason. and most of them get new partners. literally couldn't be any less of a news story, and definitely not one to get so angry about. 

• Like 4