Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Should be a penalty but i've always felt with those sort of situations that Sterling was never going to get the ball after kicking it anyway. Think it's one of those classic: not in the area = foul, in the area: no foul

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It doesn't *have* to be one or the other though, it's still a contact sport. 

But in this situation he's either been brought down by Lloris or Sterling's dived, there is no other explanation.

For me Sterling's been brought down, as Bayfox says if Lloris get there first the ball doesn't go out for a corner, unless it bounced back of Sterling and I'd say replays show Sterling kicked the ball.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It doesn't *have* to be one or the other though, it's still a contact sport. 

Agree with that but jose seems to have the it's one or the other rule book on the side line lol

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

VAR was supposed to put an end to mistakes and controversy, I swear there’s more now than ever. 

Partly because the majority of fans, and I don't just mean Spurs/City fans in this case, can't make a judgement without being biased to whatever suits them

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

It’s only ok when it doesn’t involve our boys, entertaining at least ! I agree though. It’s not going away but obviously needs tweaking 

No it's shit full stop. Out fans go from singing **** VAR, it's not football anymore. To crying for VAR. I know it's never going back in the box, like the bunny. But it really is the cancer of football. Absolutely no doubt football games will eventually take as long as NFL in the next few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Can't wait for Man City to score a hat-trick of penalties in a few weeks against us, probably all given on soft handballs blasted at Soyuncu from 2 yards away with his hands down by his side

And that’s the problem in a nutshell, different interpretations by different officials which leads to inconsistency 

• Like 2