Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, today's gone pretty well for us (though not the best obviously!) - I assume we want more draws tomorrow too?

Draw would be alright. If Man City win then it's no biggy. Is there any difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd (genuine question not being sarcastic). It won't make a difference to our co-efficient will it.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Perfect result for us. Although we didn't win, it's been a good day. We played well, kept Chelsea from making up any ground, and Wolves and Man Utd also still stuck miles behind.

Nice to see Sheff Utd ahead of Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves this late in the season.

Man City win tomorrow, please. A draw is fine, though.

Excellent result. 

Really didn't want a Wolves win probably more so than Utd. If they beat us next game and then win again whilst we have city, the gap would have been a lot shorter.

Come away from Molineux without defeat and I'll be happy

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's a great result for us. Sheff Utd could be the ones to worry about, but they're so far behind they shouldn't be able to catch us.

EDIT: Just realised how much better our GD is too, that's basically an extra point for us.

Well if you're not worried about sheff utd I assume you weren't worried about wolves and Man Utd either, as the gap between us and 5th before todays games was 14pts and now its 13 pts.

I keep thinking Sheff Utd will start fading away but to their credit they aren't its been a brilliant season from them one I never saw coming, in fact I expected them to be relegated.

Hope Tottenham lose tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Draw would be alright. If Man City win then it's no biggy. Is there any difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd (genuine question not being sarcastic). It won't make a difference to our co-efficient will it.

No  - there is no difference. If we dont finsih first which we clearly wont then the pot we go in will be based on our history (coeffecient or whatever they call it) not the finishing position in this season. If we qualify, regardless of position, we will be in a group with bigger clubs. Not the easier pot we had last time.

37 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Well if you're not worried about sheff utd I assume you weren't worried about wolves and Man Utd either, as the gap between us and 5th before todays games was 14pts and now its 13 pts.

I keep thinking Sheff Utd will start fading away but to their credit they aren't its been a brilliant season from them one I never saw coming, in fact I expected them to be relegated.

Hope Tottenham lose tomorrow.

Sheff Utd like us only have the FA cup, whereas Utd, Spurs and Wolves all have to juggle the Europe as well as the prem.

11 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

No  - there is no difference. If we dont finsih first which we clearly wont then the pot we go in will be based on our history (coeffecient or whatever they call it) not the finishing position in this season. If we qualify, regardless of position, we will be in a group with bigger clubs. Not the easier pot we had last time.

I did suspect so, so for us it doesn't really matter if Man City win or draw, but aslong as Spurs don't get the win to close the gap.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I understand your nerves but over the last 6 games we’re 4th in the form league table. We’ve not been great recently but I think our dip feels worse than it is for us fans because we’re so focussed on ourselves (quite rightly) that things always seem worse. Our form over the last 6 weeks is better than all of our top 4 “rivals”. Obviously we need to improve but we’re having a great season, one of the best in our entire history in fact. X 

D4BEF506-BDAB-4D47-8DFB-B1DB8D628FE0.jpeg

Liverpool nobbing everyone is having a great impact on us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Perfect result for us. Although we didn't win, it's been a good day. We played well, kept Chelsea from making up any ground, and Wolves and Man Utd also still stuck miles behind.

Nice to see Sheff Utd ahead of Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and Wolves this late in the season.

Man City win tomorrow, please. A draw is fine, though.

I'd like Man Utd to finish fifth.

I know that schadenfreude is not attractive but the thought that Harry's United would be kept out of the Chanpions League by his former club would raise a little smirk from me.

• Like 1