Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just seen the disallowed Everton goal. You can see why they think it shouldn't be a goal but they're 100% wrong. 

If it's disallowed for Sigurdsson being in De Gea's line of sight, then how does the GK go right to save the shot before it gets deflected? Safe to say the player in the way made no difference to that goal. Nonsense decision. 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats

Seems like we’ve had another slight let off this weekend with the chasing pack dropping points. An upturn in form is desperately needed if we are going to finish top 4 though.

Really hoping we put in a clinical display vs Villa

It’s a strange one.  I think letter of the law he’s in line, but surely you have to apply game sense to the decision.  He’s in line but not impacting play as De Gea has already gone the wrong way with Maguire’s touch and can clearly see the ball.  I think the ref has a no win in that situation - if he doesn’t give it people will be up in arms about what constitutes “active”.  Overall though I think it should be a goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not now they haven't won today.

No chance IMO, even if they'd won today. Their goal difference is poor and they've still got to play some big sides (Chelsea, Liverpool, us, Spurs, Wolves, Sheff Utd). Absolutely 0 chance they'll win even 5 of those 6.

All in my own opinion of course.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mane pen was NOT a var decision. It was a Sh1t decision by the ref but it wasn’t reversible by var as it wasn’t a clear and obvious error to give it - Marc actually kicked his foot 

the only VAR calls that I think we should have had But didn’t were :

KDB hand ball

makambe handball

vardy pen v Watford 

There may be another hiding somewhere I forgotten 

Villa away handball.  Still haven't seen Nacho's Norwich goal yet.  

Speaking of Villa.  Time to watch them get battered by Man City now.  :fc: 

Edited by murphy

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Sky will be desperate for Chelsea-Wolves , Leicester-Man Utd to have something riding on them last day of the season...plus West Ham-Villa! Of course by then we’ll all have coronavirus so will played in empty stadiums!

Yeah we've already said they are both likely to be on TV if they have stuff riding on them. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Just seen the disallowed Everton goal. You can see why they think it shouldn't be a goal but they're 100% wrong. 

If it's disallowed for Sigurdsson being in De Gea's line of sight, then how does the GK go right to save the shot before it gets deflected? Safe to say the player in the way made no difference to that goal. Nonsense decision. 

Quite. It’s an injustice.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

It’s a strange one.  I think letter of the law he’s in line, but surely you have to apply game sense to the decision.  He’s in line but not impacting play as De Gea has already gone the wrong way with Maguire’s touch and can clearly see the ball.  I think the ref has a no win in that situation - if he doesn’t give it people will be up in arms about what constitutes “active”.  Overall though I think it should be a goal.

I understand what people are saying, but I think most are unhappy because we know 100% if it was the other way round it would have stood. Likewise with the KDB handball against us, other way round and that's a Man City penalty.

There's a clear and obvious bias for the bigger teams, no doubt about it.

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Villa away handball

Target foul on Ricardo at Villa Park was as obvious a red card as they come.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You must surely realise being in the line of sight isn't the same as not being able to see anything?

If you're sat on the floor directly in front of the keeper then you're clearly in their line of sight. It was one of those quirks of football rules that happens very rarely where by the rule its so obviously offside but it probably shouldn't be on a common sense level. 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At the end of the day Sigurdsson has enough time to get up. Why the fvck is he sat on the floor. 

If he’d have got up he definitely wound have been seen to be distracting / obstructing the keeper

Just now, davieG said:

If he’d have got up he definitely wound have been seen to be distracting / obstructing the keeper

He has enough time to get up and get back onside.

So annoying when players aren't bothered about getting back, well, in this case he's just sitting on the pitch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I understand what people are saying, but I think most are unhappy because we know 100% if it was the other way round it would have stood. Likewise with the KDB handball against us, other way round and that's a Man City penalty.

There's a clear and obvious bias for the bigger teams, no doubt about it.

But you don't know what would have happened the other way round, its just pure unfalisfiable conjecture. 

At least the KDB one we have a very similar one from the same game with a different outcome. I said after that game with emotion that the PL must be bent with that level inconsistency but I don't really believe it in a calm state and surely people don't actually believe it? 

• Like 2

Calvert-Lewin shoots. Maguire back heels it, which wrong-foots De Gea who goes the wrong way. The ball trickles past Sigurdsson  who is 2 feet in front of De Gea on the floor. De Gea's argument is that Sigurdsson is blocking his view. 

That's the Sigurdsson who's on the floor, 2 feet in front of him, 4 feet behind Maguire and 3 feet below De Gea's eyeline.

De Gea's eyes even follow the ****ing ball from the instant it leaves Calvert-Lewin's foot.

Genuinely starting to believe that it's corrupt.

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've never believed the game in this country is corrupt and I've never believed all this 'big club' conspiracy bias.

But this season I'm seriously having my doubts. Just too many coincidences.

I just came to post similar. I was always pro VAR, but it's really testing me now. 

I still find it hard to believe that so many people could be in on such a conspiracy though, but maybe I'm just a bit naive? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He has enough time to get up and get back onside.

So annoying when players aren't bothered about getting back, well, in this case he's just sitting on the pitch.

We’ll have to disagree as I don’t think he did.

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's insane but I genuinely find myself starting to believe it. 

I just think there's too much money at stake in Premier league and champions league football these days to think there's literally zero interference. 

I don't believe refs are literally paid off but I do believe that VAR has been used this year more often than not to enforce that's a clear bias towards the biggest, most profitable clubs. 

It may not even be set up, it’s the mindset of this is a big club. Like a human reaction. 

We were benefitting from something during our title run. In the same way the media have a bias to the bigger clubs, the officiating does as well.