Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Don’t take my word for it!  And football isn’t fair and equal…. Money talks!

Serie A was corrupted and clearly this kind of thing can happen…. Generally around more Innocuous aspects of the the game….

I’ve honestly seen nothing in the PL that suggests something is wrong…. I’ve seen bad decisions for sure, but, mainly good and fair ones…. The outliers always get more attention

Rugby gets things wrong, but, they’ve had VAR for longer and it’s a much slower game… and as another posted said the culture is different, would like to see an auto yellow for anyone putting pressure on a ref…

But Rugby isn't a slower game. It varies. The culture is different but refs still get it in the neck. Biggest culture difference is that there is a no tolerance rule to back chat from players. Also communication is an even bigger factor in rugby. The refs constantly talk and communicate, from the breakdown to the video refereeing decisions. I think football can get there...it'll just take time. Certain rules in football are far more about interpretation whereas in rugby it's more black and white. 

Edited by srex9

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We need 6 points in March IMO, any less and it'll be tough. I don't think we need 9 or we'll be ****ed, we only need 4 wins and maybe a draw for an extra point and we'll get CL. Still, on current form, 13 points from 30 is a tough ask.

I do agree with you on this.  If we wake up then i have no doubt we can do it  but current play is concerning me a bit.

Incredibly we still have an 8 point gap to 6th. Realistically 5 wins and a draw (65 points) should see us over the line, as Chelsea will have to significantly improve their form to overtake us and, in addition, 2 of the chasers will need to win 8 of their remaining 10 games (highly unlikely) to reach 66 points in order to push us out of the top 5! The biggest concern has to be our own form but although this clearly has to improve, it doesn't have to do so dramatically as 4 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats (15 points from 10 games), 1.5 points per game, mid-table form, is all we need. If this proves to be beyond us then we will have blown the biggest opportunity to achieve Champions League football and take our club to the next level that we are ever likely to get.   

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. I used to also believe football was fair and equal, then there was found to be match fixing in Seria A, then there was FFP (but seemingly only Man City have to abide by it), then we have Barca obviously tapping up players, then we have rules benefitting bigger teams in other leagues that have never been fixed (such as Barca signing a player because of an injury).

Too many weird decisions this season for me to not believe bigger clubs don't get more of the decisons go their way than smaller clubs. I used to think it was because refs only had one look at it, but now they can view the replay as many times as they want. Serious question, why isn't there this many dodgy decisions in rugby? You watch a game of that and everything seems to work so well, with the calls being right and fair (most of the time).

TBF, probably only 1 spectator in a hundred understands the rules of rugby sufficiently to take issue lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

that bruno fella shows what signing someone in january can do. wonder why we didn’t. 

I hoped to the last minute that Woodward would screw that up.

They'll have a strong finish and top 4 isn't completely out of their reach, I think.

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

Get him in now. Pay as you play. Why not? 

Isn't it only Football League that allows registrations outside of transfer window, whether it's a free transfer or not...?

If i'm wrong then I wouldn't be surprised if this is a move for us, Vardy in and out, no other back up, previous manager/player relationship and he's actually been scoring goals so....

He's asked to terminate the contract and has forgone any payments so he's definitely got something lined up

Clubs can sign free agents after the deadline - at any stage of the season - so long as they left their previous club before the transfer deadline.

Edited by AjcW
Found some answers to the above

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why would he agree to that? When there'll be a number of muggy clubs in tinpot leagues that'll pay him what he wants whether he plays or not.

I bet he joins Beckham's mob.

34 minutes ago, Bert said:

His wages would very likely to be astronomical and, given his injury record, it may not prove to be a value for money signing.

Not entirely convinced that he's got a motivated attitude, either.

Edited by Wymsey

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Even when he's not been injured he's ben dogshit for years

Bit like Demarai Grey in a way. Has moments of magic, even some jaw droppingly brilliant moments, but in the main doesn't do enough.

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

His wages would very likely to be astronomical and, given his injury record, it may not prove to be a value for money signing.

Not entirely convinced that he's got a motivated attitude, either.

You know how pay as you play works, don’t you?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Why this assumption that he'd be on astronomical wages?

He'll take the best that he's offered and I doubt many clubs are going to be queuing up to sign him.