Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

You know how pay as you play works, don’t you?

Yes.

But why should LCFC buy a player who's got an injury-prone record with apparent hefty wage demands - on a short-term contract?

The signing wouldn't make any sense, personally.

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Yes.

But why should LCFC buy a player who's got an injury-prone record with apparent hefty wage demands - on a short-term contract?

The signing wouldn't make any sense, personally.

Becsuse if he's injured and doesn't play, we don't pay him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You still get a wage on pay as you play regardless of if you start, welbeck gets like 30k a week and it's about 90 if he plays 

There’d be lots of stipulations in the contract I’m sure. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No player worth his salt would sign a pay as you play contract. There will be clubs in the Championship willing to take a punt in him, he'll just have to realise he can't command the wages he is on now. Its his choice. 

MLS and lower half prem teams desperate to stay up

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Whos he joining lol

Rangers hopefully lol

Most likely MLS though given the timing of this, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Atlanta Utd given Martinez has just done his ACL at the weekend.

Edited by henrik_62

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Whos he joining lol

Now we know why his contract was terminated 

he’s been banned from playing till June for betting irregularities 

https://www.skysports.com/share/11948065

Daniel Sturridge has been handed a worldwide football ban until June and fined £150,000 after being found guilty of breaching the FA's gambling regulations.

The former Liverpool striker, who terminated his contract with Turkish side Trabzonspor earlier on Monday, was handed a two-week ban and a £75,000 fine in July after a regulatory commission ruled that he had provided his brother with "inside information" over a bet regarding his possible transfer to Sevilla.

The FA considered the decision to be too lenient and lodged an appeal, and an independent appeal board has now found that the regulatory commission misapplied the FA's rules and found proven two further charges against Sturridge which were originally dismissed.

Edited by jammie82uk

Michael Oliver referee for our game vs Villa next week. Don't recall him having a very good game in the return fixture in December. He's probably still the best around but it comes to something when we (or I atleast) look at the referee appointment for our game and feel deflated before it kicks off 😂

Edited by Walkers
I don't know how to word my wording. I hate words

17 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Michael Oliver referee for our game vs Villa next week. Don't recall him having a very good game in the return fixture in December. He's probably still the best around but it comes to something when we (or I atleast) look at the referee appointment for our game and feel deflated before it kicks off 😂

It's like that every week for me lol but I do like Oliver. 

Wonder how it will be handled given a Villa player said they looked to foul us at any opportunity after the semi final 2nd leg in January. Not sure who it was but saw it mentioned on here. 

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder how it will be handled given a Villa player said they looked to foul us at any opportunity after the semi final 2nd leg in January. Not sure who it was but saw it mentioned on here. 

Really?

Oliver missed Targett's leg breaker on Ricardo and Villa lost all discipline towards the end of that second half which suggests he failed to control them.

That said he is one of the most competent refs in the country, which isn't saying a lot to be fair

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

They tried the same thing yesterday but most of the time Man City were just to quick for them. Didn’t like it a few times towards the end when Man City did the same 😂 

16 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Really?

Yep 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/foul-them-how-aston-villa-3789586 - Kortney Hause said it after the game. 

' The plan was to foul them, break up play. It’s part of the game. As soon as they looked like they were going to play through we broke up the play. That was the aim.”

The dozy idiot then repeated himself last week talking about the Carabao Cup Final - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/kortney-hause-manchester-city-villa-17837350

“We didn’t show Leicester respect. Did they play better football than us? Maybe. In terms of dominating them, getting around them and being up for it, I think we beat them."

• Thanks 1

Newcastle finishing 14th in 2019/20 with 40 points and 28 goals with strikers managing three goals between them will be looked back on as either a ridiculous over-achievement or a completely unfathomable outcome.

They look awful every single week yet six teams are below them.

• Like 3