Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

How much do you reckon John Stones would fetch now?   :unsure:

...and would you swap him for young Benjamin? :)

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Mane pen was NOT a var decision. It was a Sh1t decision by the ref but it wasn’t reversible by var as it wasn’t a clear and obvious error to give it - Marc actually kicked his foot 

the only VAR calls that I think we should have had But didn’t were :

KDB hand ball

makambe handball

vardy pen v Watford 

There may be another hiding somewhere I forgotten 

Ben Mee handball v Burnley is another we should of had.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If you say so, think there's plenty of us that disagree, just read the thread.

Man didn’t land on the moon either…! It can feel like a conspiracy and imagine getting the decision wrong in ‘big’ club game brings its own pressures…

My step dad was a ref at quite a high level…. They all do there best, they all try to be unscrupulously fair….   I occasionally run the line when my lad plays and and I call it as I see it…. I think there is quite a British thing (Cricket and all that) about being fair in sport…

Oh…. And the final point…. Refs will not progress if they make bad decisions and will get nowhere at all if they appear to bias…

There really ain’t a conspiracy here…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Man didn’t land on the moon either…! It can feel like a conspiracy and imagine getting the decision wrong in ‘big’ club game brings its own pressures…

My step dad was a ref at quite a high level…. They all do there best, they all try to be unscrupulously fair….   I occasionally run the line when my lad plays and and I call it as I see it…. I think there is quite a British thing (Cricket and all that) about being fair in sport…

Oh…. And the final point…. Refs will not progress if they make bad decisions and will get nowhere at all if they appear to bias…

There really ain’t a conspiracy here…

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. I used to also believe football was fair and equal, then there was found to be match fixing in Seria A, then there was FFP (but seemingly only Man City have to abide by it), then we have Barca obviously tapping up players, then we have rules benefitting bigger teams in other leagues that have never been fixed (such as Barca signing a player because of an injury).

Too many weird decisions this season for me to not believe bigger clubs don't get more of the decisons go their way than smaller clubs. I used to think it was because refs only had one look at it, but now they can view the replay as many times as they want. Serious question, why isn't there this many dodgy decisions in rugby? You watch a game of that and everything seems to work so well, with the calls being right and fair (most of the time).

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just because you say it doesn't make it true. I used to also believe football was fair and equal, then there was found to be match fixing in Seria A, then there was FFP (but seemingly only Man City have to abide by it), then we have Barca obviously tapping up players, then we have rules benefitting bigger teams in other leagues that have never been fixed (such as Barca signing a player because of an injury).

Too many weird decisions this season for me to not believe bigger clubs don't get more of the decisons go their way than smaller clubs. I used to think it was because refs only had one look at it, but now they can view the replay as many times as they want. Serious question, why isn't there this many dodgy decisions in rugby? You watch a game of that and everything seems to work so well, with the calls being right and fair (most of the time).

For one thing, the culture of rugby is completely different so you don't have players and managers constantly harassing the ref and talking about bad decisions. The whole culture that surrounds football plays against it here. If we aren't complaining about VAR we'll be complaining about refereeing decisions. People like to moan,

Not sure if the seemingly many decisions made favour big clubs is true, but consider these points

• The “big” clubs tend to create more chances/get further up the pitch, so decisions in the opposition area are more likely
  • There doesn’t need to a conspiracy, the coverage favours such clubs and it is a short walk to proliferate such behaviour across the different roles within the game
  • Money from overseas broadcasting is mainly due to those clubs, it pays (literally) to keep them sweet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure if the seemingly many decisions made favour big clubs is true, but consider these points

• The “big” clubs tend to create more chances/get further up the pitch, so decisions in the opposition area are more likely
  • There doesn’t need to a conspiracy, the coverage favours such clubs and it is a short walk to proliferate such behaviour across the different roles within the game
  • Money from overseas broadcasting is mainly due to those clubs, it pays (literally) to keep them sweet

Yeah, there doesn't need to be a massive conspiracy, but there's obvious bias IMO.

56 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don’t take my word for it!  And football isn’t fair and equal…. Money talks!

Serie A was corrupted and clearly this kind of thing can happen…. Generally around more Innocuous aspects of the the game….

I’ve honestly seen nothing in the PL that suggests something is wrong…. I’ve seen bad decisions for sure, but, mainly good and fair ones…. The outliers always get more attention

Rugby gets things wrong, but, they’ve had VAR for longer and it’s a much slower game… and as another posted said the culture is different, would like to see an auto yellow for anyone putting pressure on a ref…

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That result in the final will see villa going down in league I think. They put so much into getting there, played out their skin against us. But they've barely picked up a point since. Then they've played well today and its come to nothing. I just think it'll be hugely demoralising and after putting everything into try to win the cup and failing I don't think they'll be able to get up for the league.

...not like us then?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That result in the final will see villa going down in league I think. They put so much into getting there, played out their skin against us. But they've barely picked up a point since. Then they've played well today and its come to nothing. I just think it'll be hugely demoralising and after putting everything into try to win the cup and failing I don't think they'll be able to get up for the league.

Good! Can't stand them! Until this season I had a soft spot for Villa, as we used go to villa park on a school trip (Form tutor was a villa fan) every year.

But after their awful foul play and Grealish's theatrics, I hope we add to their misery when we play them and put a nail in their coffin.

• Like 2

Villa really are horrible they tried so many times to do the little fouls Man City were just to quick for them st times to even foul. Then they moan when they had it done back to them. Really hoping for a vardy hat trick against them and a comfy 4-0 win to get back on track 

19 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

that bruno fella shows what signing someone in january can do. wonder why we didn’t. 

To be fair they paid a huge premium for him, and I would argue they made a huge mistake in not signing him in the summer. He's looked fantastic though, lived up to the hype and if anything looks the player Pogba should have been. One or two more signings in the summer and they will be a big threat next season. Not title winning threat, but I think if they sign Sancho, which I think they will do, they will have a very good team.

I do agree that not signing anyone in the January window was a mistake, but the club did try. We bid for Demiral who got injured and Bergwijn went to Spurs where he has already slotted in well and scored goals. I don't think we should just sign players for the sake of it... we need players that can make a difference. Don't forget that we still have the likes of Slimani, Silva, Ghezall on our books that we need to shift. The jury is out on Perez at the moment (for me he is more miss than hit, but I hope he comes good and he still might), but that signing proves to me why the bigger money signings can be very risky. Luckily more of our recent signings such as Evans, Ricardo, Maddison and Soyuncu have come off than not.

4 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Has anyone done a “mathematically possible” scenario on our chances of making the top 4 yet? What do we need to do in terms of points before the end of the season? I need some hope. 

Do better than 10 in 10.  I'd say  if we can get 15 to 18 more points we are definitely in.

Utd,wolves and spurs are around the 8 to 9 point mark in their last 5 games. So if they all got say 18 to 20 points in their last 10 that would take them to around 58 to 62 points or so. 

If we dont take 9 points from villa, watford and Brighton  we could be up shits creek with champions league spots.