Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It's just incompetence.

There have been a LOT of ridiculous decisions this season for different teams, this one just happens to have favoured Man U and because it's late and impacts us it feels like it has to be. It just speaks volumes about our implementation of VAR that it feels plausible it could be corruption.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've never believed the game in this country is corrupt and I've never believed all this 'big club' conspiracy bias.

But this season I'm seriously having my doubts. Just too many coincidences.

It's a tough one this. But if you look at our decisions in isolation this season, we've had three big decisions go against us (Mane penalty, Rudiger handball and De Bruyne hand ball) and three big decisions go for us (two vs Wolves home and away and one against Burnley). But the big ones that have gone against us are all against big teams so you can defo make that argument. 

Well the lino didn’t give the offside so VAR has overturned another goal

hasn't been too many offsides this season that are nuanced like this one 

I could live with it being called either way - I dont think there is a right or wrong answer but I would have two things to say

1) Siggurdsonn has to pull his legs out of the way of the ball so does that make him active within the offside law??

2) the on field decision was goal so perhaps the sensible call would be to leave it as the on field call ?? 

Guest bennytwohats
6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's insane but I genuinely find myself starting to believe it. 

I just think there's too much money at stake in Premier league and champions league football these days to think there's literally zero interference. 

I don't believe refs are literally paid off but I do believe that VAR has been used this year more often than not to enforce that's a clear bias towards the biggest, most profitable clubs. 

Why though? Who are the agents that are pulling the strings? Uefa and the fa are two different organisations.

Also if there were such a big bias then why aren’t United winning more games?

Don’t get me wrong, VAR has its issues and needs rethinking. There have been many bad decisions over the course of the season. But these grand conspiracy theories make people lose credibility in my opinion

Edit: Souness and Keane both thought the goal should have been ruled out. Are they being paid off to say that as well?

Edited by bennytwohats

Just now, Gazza M said:

I think 4 wins will be enough looking at how this season is panning out from our last 10. Surely we can do that!!???

I thought we'd beat the team bottom of the league who's only two goals since New Years Day were penalties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Fair play to Wolves. Think we will have some big battles with them over the coming years to be midlands top dogs

Hope so. It'd be fantastic for both of us to be fighting for top 4 every year. 

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Also, Kavanagh is the worst ref in the prem by far. 

David Coote is by far the worst. Plain incompetent and accelerated into the Prem beyond his ability. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I bet he loved giving Sidibe the yellow card for running back on the pitch.

I didn't even you could get booked for that!

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Also, Kavanagh is the worst ref in the prem by far. 

Craig Pawson is the worst. Can't stand the ****.

1 minute ago, shailen said:

It's a tough one this. But if you look at our decisions in isolation this season, we've had three big decisions go against us (Mane penalty, Rudiger handball and De Bruyne hand ball) and three big decisions go for us (two vs Wolves home and away and one against Burnley). But the big ones that have gone against us are all against big teams so you can defo make that argument. 

Mane pen was NOT a var decision. It was a Sh1t decision by the ref but it wasn’t reversible by var as it wasn’t a clear and obvious error to give it - Marc actually kicked his foot 

the only VAR calls that I think we should have had But didn’t were :

KDB hand ball

makambe handball

vardy pen v Watford 

There may be another hiding somewhere I forgotten