Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Newcastle finishing 14th in 2019/20 with 40 points and 28 goals with strikers managing three goals between them will be looked back on as either a ridiculous over-achievement or a completely unfathomable outcome.

They look awful every single week yet six teams are below them.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Luck is a much bigger factor in football than we all like to think. No way should Newcastle be 14th

I think this year the playing field, Liverpool and Man City aside is more even than it has been in the past.

I think there is a hell of a lot of inconsistency this year as well.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Newcastle finishing 14th in 2019/20 with 40 points and 28 goals with strikers managing three goals between them will be looked back on as either a ridiculous over-achievement or a completely unfathomable outcome.

They look awful every single week yet six teams are below them.

they’ve massively helped us out this year tbf so i’ll let them stay up. absolutely rolled over for us to the tune of 8-0 on aggregate, but taken points off spurs, united, chelsea and city. 

toon toon. 

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

Luck is a much bigger factor in football than we all like to think. No way should Newcastle be 14th

Brighton are 15th despite not winning a single game in 2020 and They have only won 2 of the last 17 games 

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Think Lee Mason and Kevin Friend are the most competent referees around imo.

Would be interesting to see where people rate refs, based on this season (and the games I've seen) mine would be

Good: Oliver, Marriner

Average: Dean, Moss, Scott, Attwell, Tierney

Poor:  Mason

Awful: Taylor, Pawson

Ridiculously Awful: Coote, Kavanagh

The best this season has probably been Marriner? I rate Oliver but even he's had a few high profile wobbles this year. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Brighton are 15th despite not winning a single game in 2020 and They have only won 2 of the last 17 games 

And they have us at Molineux on Sat. 

They've really dropped off after their good start under Potter. Not taking their chances then conceding, much like Norwich.

18 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

https://areferee.com/soccer/test1.php?quiz=5&ran=1&t=011&e=V011

Taking a 'You are the ref' quiz on my lunch break, have a look at question 3 and see what response you get :ph34r:

Next time I see my mate I am gonna tel him I am not a ref 0/5 :teehee:

On question 3, no hand ball obviously

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

And they have us at Molineux on Sat. 

They've really dropped off after their good start under Potter. Not taking their chances then conceding, much like Norwich.

Please don't mention the 'N' word Bear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

https://areferee.com/soccer/test1.php?quiz=5&ran=1&t=011&e=V011

Taking a 'You are the ref' quiz on my lunch break, have a look at question 3 and see what response you get :ph34r:

I got 3/5 right.

I actually think Shaqiri is fouled there. Bloke flies out and gets nowhere near the ball meaning Shaqiri has no chance of getting to the ball without being hit.

There's dives and theres dives for me. 

I also thought James Rodriguez handballs it but shouldn't have been booked.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I got 3/5 right.

I actually think Shaqiri is fouled there. Bloke flies out and gets nowhere near the ball meaning Shaqiri has no chance of getting to the ball without being hit.

Completely agree re Shaqiri. 

As much as I hate diving, contact isn't the only thing that defines a foul. If he doesn't jump out the way it could easily be an ankle breaker. Tackling's a skill and players shouldn't have to give up possession and jump out of the way of somebody else's dangerous challenge, without that challenge being punished.

And I'm saying that as somebody who managed to get a red card playing 5 a side...

Number 3 on that you are the ref depends entirely on it involving Leicester or not. As it doesn't, it's a handball.

Did Leicester have any players in that game? If so - whichever decision screws said player over.

43 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

5/5 all incredibly obvious decisions 

Please tell me the difference on the Sunderland v Arsenal one between A and B lol I got that wrong but only because I thought they were both exactly the same.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I got 3/5 right.

Exactly this, dive or not surely it doesnt matter? The guy is lunging nowhere near the ball. 

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I got 3/5 right.

Exactly the same as you here.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Please tell me the difference on the Sunderland v Arsenal one between A and B lol I got that wrong but only because I thought they were both exactly the same.

Offside is offside lol I thought the same