Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Has there been any bad VAR calls against any of the big 6, games except when they played agaianst was a huge other? Genuine question as I. Can’t think of any. 

The system that was meant to protect  against the bias doesn’t appear to be helping 

Edited by Lambert09

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It may not even be set up, it’s the mindset of this is a big club. Like a human reaction. 

We were benefitting from something during our title run. In the same way the media have a bias to the bigger clubs, the officiating does as well. 

Tell that to Jon Moss

1333656253_download(1).jpeg.fabfcab8729bb0c45c5efdec80426303.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

But you don't know what would have happened the other way round, its just pure unfalisfiable conjecture. 

At least the KDB one we have a very similar one from the same game with a different outcome. I said after that game with emotion that the PL must be bent with that level inconsistency but I don't really believe it in a calm state and surely people don't actually believe it? 

I've seen games in the past where players were offside but didn't touch the ball, but went for it or moved around in the box and it was allowed as that hadn't 'interfered' with play.

I just think referees favour big clubs more, they seem to get the decision go their way the majority of the time.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Sigurdsson has no effect on that goal but I completely see why they've ruled it out and I'm surprised there's so much annoyance about this.

The KDB handball not being given and Praet's being given last week is a far more incompetent decision.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Has there been any bad VAR calls against any of the big 6, games except when they played agaianst was a huge other? Genuine question as I. Can’t think of any. 

The system that that was meant to protect  against the bias doesn’t appear to be helping 

When Arsenal had a goal disallowed against Palace for a foul that was never a foul?

When Watford got a penalty against Chelsea for a foul on Deulofeu that wasn't?

The most obvious one was Cags handball against Liverpool

fired at him from a corner the ref gives it

KDB same situation no penalty

Unconcious bias is so obvious for those behind their bloody screens.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Also VAR helps the corruption because even if the ref gets it right/wrong VAR can still make the call to favour the certain teams (man u/Liverpool)

Exactly this, when VAR was first brought in I thought it would reduce the popular club biased decisions,

instead it has just added another layer of bias.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

First 6 minutes here Villa look aggressive, quick, dangerous.  Clearly only early days but if they rock up to the KP next monday in this mood weve got problems. Not sure we can combat it nowadays 

I honestly think we'll struggle against Villa, no way it's an easy win. I'd like to think our players would be up for it due to the semi final loss, but you never know atm.

The problem is we just don't look up for any kind of a scrap. The way we're playing currently I'd tip any other team to be more aggressive and up for the game than us. Really hoping Ndidi can be the difference and we can shift how passive we've been for a while now going forward

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

Exactly this, when VAR was first brought in I thought it would reduce the popular club biased decisions,

instead it has just added another layer of bias.

That is also the point I've now reached. 

Enough. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly think we'll struggle against Villa, no way it's an easy win. I'd like to think our players would be up for it due to the semi final loss, but you never know atm.

Massive game for us now. Could be a horrible night if the semi final is anything to go by- if we get bullied again and fail to win, I think there will be a fair few expressing their frustrations at the final whistle.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's easy to look at what City are doing to them now BUT were not City. Just dont fancy our ability to tackle the extra aggression and passion others fighting show. Our technical ability was overriding that earlier in season but that isn't there currently. Just hope we find a new formula to limp us over the line.

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I understand what people are saying, but I think most are unhappy because we know 100% if it was the other way round it would have stood. Likewise with the KDB handball against us, other way round and that's a Man City penalty.

There's a clear and obvious bias for the bigger teams, no doubt about it.

None at all :blink: