Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Izzy said:

I've never believed the game in this country is corrupt and I've never believed all this 'big club' conspiracy bias.

But this season I'm seriously having my doubts. Just too many coincidences.

Start of the season I’d have laughed at those accusing such thing, but after seeing so many decisions like this, something stinks. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's 100% straight up corrupt. 

They're so, so desperate for United to be back in the champions league. They make the CL so much money. 

Have a word with yourself

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I've never believed the game in this country is corrupt and I've never believed all this 'big club' conspiracy bias.

But this season I'm seriously having my doubts. Just too many coincidences.

Also VAR helps the corruption because even if the ref gets it right/wrong VAR can still make the call to favour the certain teams (man u/Liverpool)

Just now, Walkers said:

I think really that's the right decision, but as others have said it's also the right decision based on it favouring Man Utd. Up the other end and that goal is allowed

Then you don't understand football.

Not sure what the rule about interfering with play stares, but that decision seemed harsh given De Gea had committed his weight such that he was never getting back to save it, even without the Everton player in his eye line. 

Just now, bennytwohats said:

Have a word with yourself

I know it's insane but I genuinely find myself starting to believe it. 

I just think there's too much money at stake in Premier league and champions league football these days to think there's literally zero interference. 

I don't believe refs are literally paid off but I do believe that VAR has been used this year more often than not to enforce that's a clear bias towards the biggest, most profitable clubs. 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

I know it's insane but I genuinely find myself starting to believe it. 

I just think there's too much money at stake in Premier league and champions league football these days to think there's literally zero interference. 

I don't believe refs are literally paid off but I do believe that VAR has been used this year more often than not to enforce that's a clear bias towards the biggest, most profitable clubs. 

Nah you are correct. Just too many crazy decisions that are beyond logical explanation.  

6 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

That decision was made not on the basis of what happened, but on who it happened to. Corrupt.

It’s so obvious that the big six are getting favoured by every 50/50 call. More so as we get to the ‘business end’ of the season. If it wasn’t so important it would be laughable