Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Rivals

Rivals  

452 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider to be our biggest rivals

Anyone that was around in the late 60's (not me) or 70's (me) will tell you about the Leicester vs Snottingham rivalry. 

This rivalry with Derby is a more recent thing as they were seen at about the same relevance as Notts County.

Otherwise, the Tigers (bloody hate them).

Just now, Spudulike said:

Anyone that was around in the late 60's (not me) or 70's (me) will tell you about the Leicester vs Snottingham rivalry. 

This rivalry with Derby is a more recent thing as they were seen at about the same relevance as Notts County.

Otherwise, the Tigers (bloody hate them).

You’re right, I’ve never liked Hull since they beat us to city of culture ;)lol

I presume anyone voting for anyone other than Derby, Forest or Cov - depending which side of the county you’re from - has only been supporting us since we won the league!! I mean Spurs? Wolves? Watford??? How can they be our rivals??

• Like 3

Forest. 

The rivalry as touched on is a recent thing. The derby... they have with Derby lol. It's cute.

Dont get me wrong though Derby is always good and so are the games v Coventry. 

52609095_10218631300236573_7984128376862408704_n.jpg

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t really like them but I hope Derby win the play offs so we have something of a derby next season, imagine both fixtures would be on TV too which is a bonus. 

It’s also guaranteed 6 points for us, they hate playing us!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

The welcome we’ll get from the Locals as well as the local police force at pride park next season if they go up will tell you the whole “we don’t care” is a load of nonsense 

I imagine our travelling granny brigade will give as good as they get 

• Haha 2

From a purely personal point of view I'd say Derby mostly because as a kid growing up we were always in the same league as Derby whereas Forest were often in the league above. 

From a club POV it's probably be Forest  but they have a far more intense rivalry with Derby then they do us. Don't think we have anyone we could call 'fierce rivals'.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Honestly, I don't care - I love LCFC much more than I can hate anyone else - life is too short.

1 hour ago, nathan. said:

Nobody really

Both these really. 

I used to not like Forest as a kid in the 70s before the Clough days and I remember when Shilton signed for Forest there was a lot of bad blood towards him. I didn't like Coventry living in South Leicestershire for a lot of my life and Derby for a bit in the early 90s.

But those all feel dead now, I don't think we've had anyone I've genuinely considered rivals for about 20 years now and definitely over the past decade or so especially. It's nothing to do with "we're a level above them now" kind of snobbishness. I think those rivalries were dying pretty much even in the Craig Levein days of endless Championship relegation battles.

I don't know why some fans feel the need to create some, they all feel completely dead in the water to me.

We don't have any rivals is the answer - I don't vote because this wasn't an option (though it should have been).,

Edited by Sampson

Barely had a rivalry in my lifetime and now we're head and shoulders above any of the traditional rivals so who gives a **** about any of them.

just seen Spurs on the list ffs lol literally a one sided 'rivalry' for a handful of melts on here

• Like 1

Depends what you mean by rivals?  Rivals for best of the rest and hopeful top six, examples would be Wolves and Everton.  Local rivals would of course be Forest and Derby.  Me being a Hinckley lad, I’ll throw in Cov there as well.  Rivals as in clubs that have pissed us off over recent years then take your pick but Tottenham lead the way.

• Like 1

I think for a rivalry to happen both teams most hate each other equally. Problem is when Forest and Derby fans are asked Leicester they both say "Don't care, not bothered... we only hate (Forest) or Derby" The only the club I think off that consistently hate us is Coventry. So for me it's Coventry.