Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

On 22/05/2019 at 23:30, Paddyltfc said:

Just to let you all know. He is a right back by trade but is equally as good on the left as he is decent with both feet.

Also reported incorrectly he actually has 2 years left on his contract not one.

He is very good and would be a great signing, stoke want him but i doubt he will go back to nathan jones, villa and west brom also want him.

He is a luton boy as are his family so he isnt in a rush to leave us, he has a wise head on young shoulders so im sure he will move to the club he feels will help his progress the most, he wont just go for the most money.

Nice post, thanks for taking the time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Ha ha Nixon repeating what’s already out there again. I remember why I unfollowed him now.

He seems to have carved out a bit of solid credibility for himself. Not sure why. Has he ever broken a story that turned out to be correct?

On 02/06/2019 at 17:44, Babylon said:

Ha ha Nixon repeating what’s already out there again. I remember why I unfollowed him now.

First time I've seen his feed. It's ridiculous. Dim-witted punters asking for his pearls of wisdom and him blatantly just having a stab in the dark. He clearly hasn't got a clue.

Screenshot_20190603-201320_Twitter.thumb.jpg.fb02d26cd3900f44552e248c20094b0f.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Hopefully the first of a few new faces at the club... 

3E942CAC-EDB1-45B8-AC1C-F49829EE4CF2.png

And plenty of add ons for a league 1 / 2 player.

The fee its self it's to high for a player that hasn't proved himself at the championship let alone the premiership.

What next Gazzelle is worth 60m

Crazy how many people think this means Ricardo is moving upfield. Bloke could not have done any more to cement that RB slot. Justin will be a good squad player for us and will get game time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Crazy how many people think this means Ricardo is moving upfield. Bloke could not have done any more to cement that RB slot. Justin will be a good squad player for us and will get game time.

Looking at transfermarkt, he spent most of 2017/18 on the bench, and only got back in last season at left back where he played 36 games compared to just 4 at right back.

15 hours ago, Paddy. said:

First time I've seen his feed. It's ridiculous. Dim-witted punters asking for his pearls of wisdom and him blatantly just having a stab in the dark. He clearly hasn't got a clue.

Screenshot_20190603-201320_Twitter.thumb.jpg.fb02d26cd3900f44552e248c20094b0f.jpg

He spoke about Mahrez kicking off in training on the actual day, James Maddison interest in Feb 2018 and Brendan Rodgers in July 2018. He’s got very good links with agents. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

I know fees are crazy now but 7 mill on a league 1 player?! This lad best be outrageously good! 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3

Would be just under the League One record, which was Delph 10 years ago. Hasn’t done too badly since! Otherwise there’s a handful of players on that top 25 list who have made an impact on the PL and at least 3 England internationals, including ‘Arry.

Guest SO1

This guy reminds me of Joe Gomez at Liverpool. You could tell at 17 that he had something special about him.

First time on the field you could see his quality and confidence on the ball. Although he had a bad patch with injuries you can still see his quality at right back and especially Center half.

7 mil is nothing and Rodgers must feel he has something special or this wouldn't happen. Looking forward to watching this guy play.

34 minutes ago, sdb said:

I know fees are crazy now but 7 mill on a league 1 player?! This lad best be outrageously good! 

I think the squad should be filled up with:

1) young players with plenty of potential like this lad and Choudhury

2) older players on their way down like Morgan and Fuchs

3) cheap or free transfers to bolster the numbers like Jakupovic and Hernandez when he signed. Although never really worked out they're both good examples.

Last thing we should be doing is spending £25m on players like Ghezzal and Ward who cost good money, aren't likely to improve and aren't likely to be good enough for the first XI.  

Edited by Gerard

Very nice signing.  Young players with talent and upside are exactly where we should be focused, and he can provide cover at both fullback positions.  This is an acknowledgement that either Chilwell or Ricardo is likely gone after next season, but it's not like that could come as a shock to anybody.

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Very nice signing.  Young players with talent and upside are exactly where we should be focused, and he can provide cover at both fullback positions.  This is an acknowledgement that either Chilwell or Ricardo is likely gone after next season, but it's not like that could come as a shock to anybody.

They may leave next season but this not an acknowledgement at all.

Our reserve full backs are the more defensive Amartey and Fuchs who can't get up and down the pitch as easily. Justin James can play both full backs equally well as well as left wing and midfield apparently. Perhaps he comes here as the first back up to both Chilwell and Ricardo and with his attacking prowess is more of a suitable replacement than Fuchs or Amartey? If he's first cover for both full backs he should get plenty enough game time next season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

3) cheap or free transfers to bolster the numbers like Jakupovic and Hernandez when he signed. Although never really worked out they're both good examples.

Last thing we should be doing is spending £25m on players like Ghezzal and Ward who cost good money, aren't likely to improve and aren't likely to be good enough for the first XI.  

I don't get the dismissal of Ward? he's hardly had a chance to be judged either way yet?

• Like 2

Just now, string the Eskimo said:

I don't get the dismissal of Ward? he's hardly had a chance to be judged either way yet?

He's a victim of his price tag, we paid £12.6m for him when Liverpool had four GK's and we were the only suitors.

He's also 26 this month and came here as an understudy to Schmeichel. I believe he was a world record fee for an out and out reserve GK. It's just bad business by us. 

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

3) cheap or free transfers to bolster the numbers like Jakupovic and Hernandez when he sighed. Although never really worked out they're both good examples.

Completely agree, though I would argue we’re a unique case compared to others in that our poor business on players like Deirdre, Ward (though I do quite like him as a back up), Slimani, Silva, Musa etc are somewhat balanced by the <£1.5m we spent on the likes of Morgan, Kasper & Vardy - all with 7 years service and unbelievably repaid dividends; free transfers for Albrighton and Fuchs; the £1.2m spent on Mahrez and Drinkwater who returned £100m in sales, plus somehow getting our money back for Musa. 

We’ve done some unbelievable business in recent years but potentially our best business was the contracts we did last summer which will guarantee huge profits on the likes of Chilwell, Ndidi, Maguire and Maddison - whom I wouldn’t sell for less than £80m each, personally - which will be put straight back in the kitty. 

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's a victim of his price tag, we paid £12.6m for him when Liverpool had four GK's and we were the only suitors.

He's also 26 this month and came here as an understudy to Schmeichel. I believe he was a world record fee for an out and out reserve GK. It's just bad business by us. 

It would have been bad business if we hadn't a backup and we still do not know what he is capable of. 

I'd be very satisfied with this: adds to a growing contingent of young English talent at the club, is accomplished in both full back positions and comes very highly rated by his own fan base. Encouraging stats last season with 3 goals and 7 assists whilst being an ever present in an exciting Luton side that won the league. Hopefully we can pinch him ahead of Villa and Stoke.

20 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They may leave next season but this not an acknowledgement at all.

Our reserve full backs are the more defensive Amartey and Fuchs who can't get up and down the pitch as easily. Justin James can play both full backs equally well as well as left wing and midfield apparently. Perhaps he comes here as the first back up to both Chilwell and Ricardo and with his attacking prowess is more of a suitable replacement than Fuchs or Amartey? If he's first cover for both full backs he should get plenty enough game time next season. 

I worry for Amartey if this move goes through. Unless Rodgers plans to sell Mendy due to his contract situation and move Amartey back to midfield in Mendy's role in the back end of last season I think he’s going to run out of playing opportunities. Obviously his injury and return to fitness is something to bear in mind too I guess.