Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

41 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that Chillwell and Ricardo moving on is inevitable at some point.  We just need to keep hold of them for as long as possible, but it makes sense to have a line of succession as well as cover.

I agree, only way we keep them longer is by winning a trophy or getting into the champions league. 

Does anyone know if he is left or right footed? Never seen him play.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

A 21 year old who can play either side with a point to prove? For 5 million intake that! I just hope he isn’t signed in preparation for chilwell or Ricardo leaving in january/next summer.

Shouldn’t have thought so. We do needs understudies for both positions.

48 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Seeing a fair few Luton fans quote offended (which I understand in their position) that he's being signed as back up to Ricardo, with some thinking he will come in and be first choice lol

That would mean he’s better than Ricky P…. That would be terrible!!! ?  

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Seeing a fair few Luton fans quote offended (which I understand in their position) that he's being signed as back up to Ricardo, with some thinking he will come in and be first choice lol

Hope he does, because that means he’s unreal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Or it means they're deluded and/or don't watch us play much?

What I mean is if he comes and and takes his spot why would we care because it means we’ve found a gem.

1 hour ago, WestLothianFox said:

Maybe the idea is to play him at right back and play Ricardo on the right wing, He would certainly be better than Gray. Would this be the cheap option to get a new winger, leaving more money for Tielemans

Personally think Ricardo be better as a winger so I’d take this with amartey around for right back too. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Personally think Ricardo be better as a winger so I’d take this with amartey around for right back too. 

I would be happy to see Ricky play a more offensive role. He’s brilliant going forward.

Don’t see any downside here. It’s because we signed Soyuncu and Benkovic last summer that we can talk about Harry being the most logical guy to sell, for way more than he’s worth. If this lad puts us in that position with Chillwell or Ricky in the future, would that be a bad thing?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We need backup anyway but wonder if this is because of all the reported interest in Ricardo. We did similar last summer with the CBs when Maguire was being targeted.

Sensible planning ..... buy a young player whose value won’t drop and you can’t lose going forward ...... 

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Col will be gutted that Amartey is likely to leave then... :D

Do you think he will leave? I would have thought we would keep him as he was coming good before his injury, but send him out on loan next season to find his fitness again?

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Do you think he will leave? I would have thought we would keep him as he was coming good before his injury, but send him out on loan next season to find his fitness again?

Just not sure where he fits now, we have backup everywhere. He signed a new contact so a loan away to build up some value will be best.

Will people **** off with the idea of moving Ricardo, one of the best rightbacks in Europe, to the wing. Amartey will not suit an attacking team and Justin is one for the future.

Mad as it may seem to some of you, we may well be working on signing actual wingers to replace dross like Ghezzal, Gray and Albrighton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amartey is still a useful squad player. Can play defensive mid, right back, CB in a pinch. By all accounts a thoroughly well-liked presence in the clubhouse. I doubt he’s going anywhere.