Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

James Justin

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

And plenty of add ons for a league 1 / 2 player.

The fee its self it's to high for a player that hasn't proved himself at the championship let alone the premiership.

What next Gazzelle is worth 60m

We'll be buying back-up keepers for £12.5m at this rate!

If true then I think this represents a savvy bit of business. He'll have plenty of resale value even if he fails to make the grade and it means that in terms of succession planning we will have highly rated youngster's who can come in to stake a place in the side across the whole of the back line. Feels very much like a continuation of the transfer policy which has put us in the position we are in now of being able to attract top young talent. 

It's a lot of dough, he only has a year left on his deal as well. There's no way we'd pay £7.5m at tribunal for him next summer but then again he'd likely go elsewhere this summer so it's a balancing act. It's not an extortionate fee but we do seem happy dishing out £10-15m on squad players like it's going out of fashion, but going for real quality over quantity seems to be a problem for us.

It's good both he and Ricardo can play either flank though.

• Like 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

He’s a Congerton signing by the looks of it then....

Oh no, Congerton signing a promising young player for a good price isn't going to fit with a lot of people's agendas :whistle:

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Oh no, Congerton signing a promising young player for a good price isn't going to fit with a lot of people's agendas :whistle:

How very dare you sir. It is quite clear from unsubstantiated rumours I found on the internet that "LC" is a charlatan. :angry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

He's a victim of his price tag, we paid £12.6m for him when Liverpool had four GK's and we were the only suitors.

He's also 26 this month and came here as an understudy to Schmeichel. I believe he was a world record fee for an out and out reserve GK. It's just bad business by us. 

If his distribution is better than KS then he may get more time next season, clearly BR isn't happy with when Kasper slices the ball out of play.

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a lot of dough, he only has a year left on his deal as well.

The Luton fan mentioned that he has two seasons left on his contract.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a lot of dough, he only has a year left on his deal as well. There's no way we'd pay £7.5m at tribunal for him next summer but then again he'd likely go elsewhere this summer so it's a balancing act. It's not an extortionate fee but we do seem happy dishing out £10-15m on squad players like it's going out of fashion, but going for real quality over quantity seems to be a problem for us.

It's good both he and Ricardo can play either flank though.

I don't think that it is a lot of dough.

I reckon he will be worth treble by the end of the season.  Well worth a punt.

I think this leaves Amartey as surplus.  He's been here a while now and needs to move on for the sake of his career and to bring in a few quid.

A signing like this would likely be bad for Amartey's chances. On top of his injury it looks like he is never going to be the player we hoped for.

If Gray doesn't get off to a good start next season it's likely that every player we bought in 2016 could be gone elsewhere by the start of 2020.

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

A signing like this would likely be bad for Amartey's chances. On top of his injury it looks like he is never going to be the player we hoped for.

If Gray doesn't get off to a good start next season it's likely that every player we bought in 2016 could be gone elsewhere by the start of 2020.

Professional sport is a meritocracy and a tough business. If some 21yo comes in and jumps ahead of him in the pecking order then that's the game.

Personally in an ideal world I'd keep Amartey and sell Mendy and would probably have got rid of Morgan and Fuchs. In a more streamlined squad Amartey could fill in at RB, CB and CDM and he still young enough with the right attributes to eventually make a place in the team his own.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Both Amartey and Gray cost us less than 10m combined. I don't have anything against either player and would love for them to both kick on and become key players for the club, but loyalty to mediocrity is misguided. The club let Danny Simpson go who was our first choice right back when we won the league, and the decision to replace him with Ricardo was fully vindicated with his two club player of the season awards. If we want to improve we need to bolster both our first team and squad options with better players.

No idea if this player is better than what we already have, but taking chances on promising youngsters is the current modus operandi for the club, and I'm all for it. The younger and hungrier signings like Maguire, Maddison and Ricardo have thus far outperformed more established players such as Iborra, Silva and Slimani. 

Totally agree. In addition you are effectively buying potential which, if realised, bolsters our financial position. The only downside being that our strategy for youth will keep the vultures circling. Must mean we are doing the right thing. 

Win nothing with kids though :ph34r:

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-set-to-be-beaten-to-defender-signing/

Leicester City are set to beat Aston Villa to the signing of highly-rated Luton Town defender James Justin, Football Insider understands.

A host of clubs have been chasing the full-back’s signature, but Leicester are poised to fend off interest from rival clubs to land him.

Villa bid £7.5million for Justin last month as they look to bolster their right-back options ahead of life back in the Premier League next season.

However, a source with knowledge of the situation has told Football Insider that Leicester are in advanced talks with Luton for Justin and they could tie up a deal for the 21-year-old by the end of the week.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to strengthen at right-back after letting Danny Simpson move on at the end of the season and he sees the rising as providing cover and competition for Ricardo Pereira.

Justin is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the Football League after shining at Luton over the last few seasons.

The 21-year-old, who can play at left-back or right-back, was named in the League One Team of the Year following his impressive displays this campaign.

Luton have reluctantly agreed to sell Justin as he was entering the final year of his contract at Kenilworth Road and they did not want to risk him running down his contract.

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

A 21 year old who can play either side with a point to prove? For 5 million intake that! I just hope he isn’t signed in preparation for chilwell or Ricardo leaving in january/next summer.

I think that Chillwell and Ricardo moving on is inevitable at some point.  We just need to keep hold of them for as long as possible, but it makes sense to have a line of succession as well as cover.

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that Chillwell and Ricardo moving on is inevitable at some point.  We just need to keep hold of them for as long as possible, but it makes sense to have a line of succession as well as cover.

We're a transition club atm. Players will come to us to improve their career and take that step up to try to reach the big teams. 

We just need to become a big team in order to keep hold of these players