Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Don't see anything wrong with saying a young player has potential. Players generally improve up until their peak. Some never live up to that, some surpass expectations.

Too many people think it's linear though. It leads to too many youngsters getting over-rated beyond belief.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, srex9 said:

I like to think some top sports stars can get to the top without the arrogance but by purely believing in their own abilities. Jonny Wilkinson comes to mind. Barnes seams to be a similar type of lad. I don't think they always need to have arrogance although that certainly helps make it easier fitting in with the rest of the lads. 

I think there's a difference between belief in yourself and perceived overt arrogance. Probably the best example is Messi and Ronaldo. I imagine that they both have the same belief in their ability but Ronaldo outwardly appears more arrogant. I don't know either of them but that's certainly the image you get. 

Some people are just naturally more flamboyant than others which can seem arrogant, some are quieter but still possess a steely determination to succeed, Wilkinson being a very good example. Hopefully Barnes is just the latter. 

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 2

No doubts in my mind that he'll go onto become a great player and a regular in the England team.

Like Rodgers said he just needs that slight arrogance and belief in his own ability. 

He has the speed/acceleration to leave players for dead. 

20 minutes ago, lee7 said:

No doubts in my mind that he'll go onto become a great player and a regular in the England team.

Like Rodgers said he just needs that slight arrogance and belief in his own ability. 

He has the speed/acceleration to leave players for dead. 

He's going for the pass more than the shot this season. You can see it if you compare his shots attempted this season and last.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest An Sionnach

He is going to be a main man for us for years . Combines pace with power and looks to make the telling pass. He is basically two footed as well so can operate on either side. It will be assists rather than goals that he will be recognized for though.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is going to be a main man for us for years . Combines pace with power and looks to make the telling pass. He is basically two footed as well so can operate on either side. It will be assists rather than goals that he will be recognized for though.

His close control is so nice, powerful passes just glue to his feet.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Once them goals come, i'm not going to be able to control myself.

I really hope Rodgers can get Praet, Tielemans and Maddison in a 4-3-1-2 so we can see Barnes in a free role up top with Vardy (or even playing Perez over Praet and playing Barnes as the 10). Ricardo/Praet and Chilwell/Tielemans combining down the wings, with Maddison, Barnes, and Vardy pushing through the middle.

It just feels like Barnes is wasted on the wings. His crosses are nice and he can beat his man, but I feel like we're really missing out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I really hope Rodgers can get Praet, Tielemans and Maddison in a 4-3-1-2 so we can see Barnes in a free role up top with Vardy (or even playing Perez over Praet and playing Barnes as the 10). Ricardo/Praet and Chilwell/Tielemans combining down the wings, with Maddison, Barnes, and Vardy pushing through the middle.

It just feels like Barnes is wasted on the wings. His crosses are nice and he can beat his man, but I feel like we're really missing out.

We’ve had the best start to a season in our history, scoring like **** and don’t concede. Leave the formation as it is. He will improve 👍🏻

• Like 2

His goals for WBA (and Barnsley & MK Dons) were basically all from getting space he doesn’t get in the top flight. The only comparable effort was the OG he forced against Wolves.

I’d like to see him cut inside more often 

He could have quite a few more goals this season but Barnes is such a menace bearing down on goal that it helps put fear in opponents. Even if he doesn't score it's likely Vardy,Madddison, Tielemans, or Perez will also create chances and we'll get goals.

It's unfortunate on Albrighton but with our defence being rock solid and N'didi being masterful it frees up our attack to make hay.

Could do with a Vardy replacement down the road but our attack is so well balanced now you'd have to say.

19 minutes ago, mod hero said:

We’ve had the best start to a season in our history, scoring like **** and don’t concede. Leave the formation as it is. He will improve 👍🏻

While this is 100% true...

24 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I do agree with Nicolo that I hope we're able to find even more ways to play, particularly when there will have to be heavy rotation next season if we're in Europe.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I'm not saying do it now, but I'd like to see some experiments in late games or in the cups at least. This current formation gets the best out of every single one of our players, except the two wingers (no matter who we seem to play there) who play inconsistently, albeit generally well. Barnes recieved the most plaudits at West Brom playing centrally, and Perez himself has said that he has some trouble adapting to life as a winger after his hattrick. If it works, it works really well.

38 minutes ago, Stadt said:

His goals for WBA (and Barnsley & MK Dons) were basically all from getting space he doesn’t get in the top flight. The only comparable effort was the OG he forced against Wolves.

I’d like to see him cut inside more often 

He missed a huge amount of chances last season for us, but this season he hasn't had quite as many guilt edged chances. You are right in there's much less space for him in the PL which means he needs to improve his shooting under pressure, at the minute his shots are too close to the goalkeeper.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He missed a huge amount of chances last season for us, but this season he hasn't had quite as many guilt edged chances. You are right in there's much less space for him in the PL which means he needs to improve his shooting under pressure, at the minute his shots are too close to the goalkeeper.

Probably the only player that had more chances under Puel, should have had a trick in the Spurs away game. In the build up for Maddison’s goal, he made a really good run - potentially if side’s start playing really deep we might have to get Vardy moving in more unpredictable ways to create more space for Barnes and Perez 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Probably the only player that had more chances under Puel, should have had a trick in the Spurs away game. In the build up for Maddison’s goal, he made a really good run - potentially if side’s start playing really deep we might have to get Vardy moving in more unpredictable ways to create more space for Barnes and Perez 

The three of them need to interchange, moving left to right , they are all two footed and can use that to break up organised defensive positions.