Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I do agree with Nicolo that I hope we're able to find even more ways to play, particularly when there will have to be heavy rotation next season if we're in Europe.

Not a fan of the diamond, but quite like the 3-5-2 we’ve switched to a few times. Gives us a good defensive shape but also allows us to control the midfield with the 3 CM’s. Need to sign another CB though.

I do think it’ll click for him at some point as although he’s doing well I think there is plenty to still come.

ive said it before but for me he has the makings of a striker and would love to see him have a game or two up front whether alone or in a partnership with vardz.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 11:35, Ric Flair said:

He missed a huge amount of chances last season for us, but this season he hasn't had quite as many guilt edged chances. You are right in there's much less space for him in the PL which means he needs to improve his shooting under pressure, at the minute his shots are too close to the goalkeeper.

Careful, insight like that will get you a job on match of the day.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hardly rocket science is it? He needs to be more clinical in front of goal, he's producing some great assists but needs to start converting himself

If he’s making an impact and helping us win games, I really don’t care how many goals he scores. 

I have every bit of confidence that goals will flow at some point. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hardly rocket science is it? He needs to be more clinical in front of goal, he's producing some great assists but needs to start converting himself

He should be made to sit down and watch the SENSATIONAL

goals scored by a youngster at West Brom last season. Er, what was his name?? Ah,yes -- Harvey Barnes!! BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT (and confident) football!!

• Haha 1

I loved Rodgers comments after the Brighton game, he went out of his way to reiterate how good Harvey Barnes is going to be. I do think Barnes needs constant confidence boosting, where as Gray is the sort who needs a rocket to get him to find consistency.

On 12/11/2019 at 16:53, lcfc sheff said:

I do think it’ll click for him at some point as although he’s doing well I think there is plenty to still come.

ive said it before but for me he has the makings of a striker and would love to see him have a game or two up front whether alone or in a partnership with vardz.

Not to poke fun at you, but I read this and I thought "Our least clinical but most creative player has the makings of a striker?"

I think Barnes just seems so normal to me and a even a bit shy? He doesn’t strike me as having the brash, sporting confidence that Vardy or Maddison has for example. I keep saying he’ll get a few and it’ll fall into place but it’s not really happening. He could do with a chance like Perez had at the weekend 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think Barnes just seems so normal to me and a even a bit shy? He doesn’t strike me as having the brash, sporting confidence that Vardy or Maddison has for example. I keep saying he’ll get a few and it’ll fall into place but it’s not really happening. He could do with a chance like Perez had at the weekend 

Agreed, he had some absolute sitters early on in his career last season. This year he's had plenty of attempts and some of them he probably could have scored but none of them have been quite on a plate like last season or like Perez has had. Incidentally if you look at the team play this season both Barnes and Chilwell have exploited some excellent space that Perez seems to find coming in and attacking crosses, which Ricardo and Perez seemingly haven't done on the other side. Ricardo is having another shit hot season but to date he's not provided any direct assists and I think part of that can be attributed to Barnes not quite being as deadly at attacking the far post or finding space to be picked out. Hopefully this will come, his link up play with Chilwell of late has improved ten fold, I love it when we face teams that play wingbacks as Chilwell has a field day and Barnes pulls the opposition all over the place (ooooh).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, he had some absolute sitters early on in his career last season. This year he's had plenty of attempts and some of them he probably could have scored but none of them have been quite on a plate like last season or like Perez has had. Incidentally if you look at the team play this season both Barnes and Chilwell have exploited some excellent space that Perez seems to find coming in and attacking crosses, which Ricardo and Perez seemingly haven't done on the other side. Ricardo is having another shit hot season but to date he's not provided any direct assists and I think part of that can be attributed to Barnes not quite being as deadly at attacking the far post or finding space to be picked out. Hopefully this will come, his link up play with Chilwell of late has improved ten fold, I love it when we face teams that play wingbacks as Chilwell has a field day and Barnes pulls the opposition all over the place (ooooh).

I think if Barnes was a bit more aggressive he could be almost like a wide target man, he has the physical capability to dominate fullbacks a bit like Mane does who is smaller and probably weaker. Difference is Mane has a predatory instinct that our Harvey hasn’t developed yet.

Thinking about his goals last season they were almost all sensational solo efforts, harder to score in the PL because he doesn’t have the same space and keepers are better. It’s all well and good Rodgers saying he needs to score more but he needs to tell him how, because he’s not getting gilt edges chances. 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Plan A is Vardy , Perez , Barnes : Plan B is ? : Have to stick with it and be patient. Harvey will be a top man I'm sure.

Barnes does need to score more goals, but his all round play other than is extremely good. He's in the first team on merit and is one of our most creative players. I also think his improvement over the last 12 months has been huge.

But against Brighton as the latest example, he could have scored a hat trick but scored none! It's like he's so close to becoming the whole package, but is still just shy of getting there. I thought after that belter against Sheffield United that he would go on a scoring run, but it's not happened yet.

It will be interesting to see how far he goes. I think he has the potential to do numbers like 10 goals and assists a season, and could still do both this season, but if he doesn't I think Rodgers will bring someone else in ahead of him and make him battle for the position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Barnes does need to score more goals, but his all round play other than is extremely good. He's in the first team on merit and is one of our most creative players. I also think his improvement over the last 12 months has been huge.

But against Brighton as the latest example, he could have scored a hat trick but scored none! It's like he's so close to becoming the whole package, but is still just shy of getting there. I thought after that belter against Sheffield United that he would go on a scoring run, but it's not happened yet.

It will be interesting to see how far he goes. I think he has the potential to do numbers like 10 goals and assists a season, and could still do both this season, but if he doesn't I think Rodgers will bring someone else in ahead of him and make him battle for the position. 

Yeah, and he adds another dimension to our attacking play - drawing defenders to him and cutting inside to provide support in the middle near Vardy.

When he lets a goal scoring opportunity go by though, he always seems to be very disappointed and wanted to kick himself. And if a play involves Chilwell, Chilwell often shouts at him. Or at times Chilwell would gesture to him as if to say why did he not do this or that. Not sure what their history is as they have been playing together since very little.  I hope it is not going to start to affect his confidence and psychology - eg. just putting that little doubt in his mind about whether he is doing the right thing before he does it.

Edited by Tom12345

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I loved Rodgers comments after the Brighton game, he went out of his way to reiterate how good Harvey Barnes is going to be. I do think Barnes needs constant confidence boosting, where as Gray is the sort who needs a rocket to get him to find consistency.

Friend of mine works with his dad.

Said it was his confidence,but improving.

He has bags of ability and the fans are on his side,so it will come.

some of his touches and vision are sensational 

His dad didn’t say the last bit btw.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

the fans are on his side

This is such a likeable squad but Vardy and Barnes are my favourite players, Barnes is 9 days younger than I am so it's like I'm living vicariously through him lol 

• Haha 3

He's young. One of our own. Has got talented feet. Just needs time to gain maturity to be... Ruthless. He looks like a happy, well spoken, polite lad who just needs to adjust to the league in his first proper season as part of the first team.

He seems very earnest still, which is lovely to see from our academy products but as we've seen with Madders and Chillwell, there needs to be some added swagger to play at the very best level. Once he finds some ruthless, cocky, swagger within himself, he could be breath taking. 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This is such a likeable squad but Vardy and Barnes are my favourite players, Barnes is 9 days younger than I am so it's like I'm living vicariously through him lol 

****ing hell you were like 12 two minutes ago. 

Where does the time go.