Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

****ing hell you were like 12 two minutes ago. 

Where does the time go. 

I've been signed up as member of foxestalk for about 40% of my life, which is quite sad really 

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

This is such a likeable squad but Vardy and Barnes are my favourite players, Barnes is 9 days younger than I am so it's like I'm living vicariously through him lol 

Impressive vocabulary for a youngun 👍🏻

Edited by mod hero

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Is it just me or does he always look like he’s received some bad news whenever he’s on the pitch? He’s like the opposite of nuge. He’ll be playing really well but look like he’s lost all hope. 

Think he just has one of those faces

22 hours ago, January47 said:

He reminds me somehow of de bruyne

it also took him a couple of years to fully develop

Probably because they also look alike

If there is one player in our squad that could say with near certainty will be a much better player in three years than he is now it's Harvey Barnes.

I actually think he's unlucky to have the assists he has as I've lost count on the number of times he's fizzed a ball across the 6 yard box and no one has been there to tap it in. he has a lot more goals in him as well. where we lack against the very best sides is our wide players aren't as prolific as Man City or Liverpool but Barnes has the potential to be as good as anything they have. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Had a great game despite not getting an assist or a goal. Actually his performance was typical Barnes for me, he adds a most welcome dimension to our attacking game with his pace and willingness to take players on, though he just can't quite get that last part right. In pretty much every game he plays for us I feel like he could score two goals! If he could sort that out, he'd seriously be in England call-up territory.

Very useful for the team though, and I was generally impressed with him tonight.

Great again tonight, I don't get how bad he is at finishing at the minute. The championship is a lower level but not to the point where you panic as much as Barnes seems to in front of goal. Perez is even worse at it currently, i don't want to be too negative but there's going to come a game soon that we don't win and chances will have been in abundance for the pair of them yet again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Great again tonight, I don't get how bad he is at finishing at the minute. The championship is a lower level but not to the point where you panic as much as Barnes seems to in front of goal. Perez is even worse at it currently, i don't want to be too negative but there's going to come a game soon that we don't win and chances will have been in abundance for the pair of them yet again.

I've always felt that Barnes especially would go on a scoring streak after bagging one, but even after that howitzer against Sheffield United, it hasn't happened. Perez had some poor shooting attempts tonight also.

Both do a good job for the team, but it's the area that for me means we can't win the title. Liverpool just don't drop points, whereas I think we will drop points because of chances that these two don't take that will eventually cost us. Of course I hope I am completely wrong, but 5 goals between the two of them after 15 games isn't the best return, especially considering 3 of them were in one game.

Barnes I still feel has the potential to go on that scoring streak, but he seems to overthink things. If I was coaching him I think I would get him to practice one specific finish over and over gain so he doesn't have to overthink. This worked for of all people Thierry Henry early in his Arsenal career until he developed an icy cool composure when played up top.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

He's a very frustrating player atm.

He goes on these runs where you think he's going to be a star but they never seem amount to anything and he never seems to make anything of value happen.

Really needs to improve his shooting and final ball if he's going to push on.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

think he's caught what chilwell had, the old 'panic in the box and kick it against the defender or goalkeeper as quick as you can' syndrome. chillers is already growing out of it, they're only young, so I'm sure Harvey will in the next couple of months! great young players though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've always felt that Barnes especially would go on a scoring streak after bagging one, but even after that howitzer against Sheffield United, it hasn't happened.

Barnes I still feel has the potential to go on that scoring streak, but he seems to overthink things. 

I still think he will, but to kick it off I think he needs a ‘normal’ goal to give him that general confidence in his finishing. One absolute stunner of a goal in isolation can almost be put down as a fluke (it wasn’t, but that might play on his mind) and i think he needs one of his more typical shots to come off. He had a few decent chances but they just didn’t quite work out for him tonight, but it’ll come eventually.

The good thing is that he’s still contributing to our effectiveness even without the goal return, which is keeping him in the team and giving him more opportunities. Kind of the opposite of Gray’s early form where he needed more consistency but wasn’t getting it as he didn’t have as much of an impact on the rest of the game (although that seems to be changing now!)

• Like 1