Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Ferran Torres

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Can’t argue with that I suppose, I just thought with the message that’s coming from the club about going for it this year we would of signed someone who was already capable of playing the way BR wants from that specific player.

I agree with you Torres is far more athletic & does have much more flair, my point was with regards to the type of winger Torres is, he likes to hit the byline & get the cross in early. Hence the suggestion of being more a Albrighton type winger than say Mahrez.

From what I’ve seen of Torres I’ve rarely seen him come inside, if he can then great. Don’t get me wrong if we get Torres I think we’ve got one hell of a gem on our hands, however it’s just came as a surprise to me as he doesn’t seem to be an automatic match to the type of winger BR stated he was after.

It says something about Torres' attacking mindset that his model is Villa, who's been basically a false nine for the best years of his career.  I think you see him as a touchline player because that's what he's been asked to do at Valencia, and when you're a teenager at an upper-tier La Liga side you don't bitch about where they tell you to run. 

I'd not be surprised to see us go for Suso from AC Milan. Someone else mentioned it last week on here but he played under Rodgers at Liverpool and is another versatile attacking player. He is left footed and can play anywhere across the forward positions and has a 38m euro release clause.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be surprised to see us go for Suso from AC Milan. Someone else mentioned it last week on here but he played under Rodgers at Liverpool and is another versatile attacking player. He is left footed and can play anywhere across the forward positions and has a 38m euro release clause.

Think he would be a great player on the right wing and with giampouli going in at Milan, I'm not sure where he fits in there unless they convert him to the 10 position. Our only issue is that I don't believe his relationship with Rodgers was great by the time he left Liverpool. 

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

So. For what its worth. 

"A lad from Valencia". 

Mark and Admins knew earlier however I didnt want to post because it was "a lad from Valencia" now unless were signing someone else from them I'm sure hes our man. 

Kang-in Lee from Valencia? Just won the golden ball at the u20s world cup. Would be another signing for the future. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

Kang-in Lee from Valencia? Just won the golden ball at the u20s world cup. Would be another signing for the future. 

He's linked with Barcelona and Real Madrid the kid is on fire, he's quality 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't he right footed? I'd have thought any winger coming in would be a left footed right winger? 

For me the inside forward is Perez. This lad looks to be the long term replacement for Albrighton who to be honest looked a bit found out going forward towards the end of last season. 

You have to wonder why a club in the CL and as reputable as Valencia would sell us such a great talent?

After signing Iheanacho from Man City I'm always dubious about buying the supposed top young talent from prestigious clubs. I'd feel much happier if we were signing a young player from Getafe. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

When you already have two young lads it’s a bit of an odd one, unless we were considering getting rid of Gray.

i don’t necessarily think Gray is a bad player, i just don’t think he’s kicked on like i had hoped. If Bournemouth offered 20 million again, i’d be inclined to take it..

Just now, MPH said:

i don’t necessarily think Gray is a bad player, i just don’t think he’s kicked on like i had hoped. If Bournemouth offered 20 million again, i’d be inclined to take it..

He’s got the makings, I’m just not sure the application is there as he never seems to make the most of his gifts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s got the makings, I’m just not sure the application is there as he never seems to make the most of his gifts.

I personally don't know that he even "has the makings" he can literally just dribble quickly. 

I genuinely can't think of a single quality beyond that that he has that I'd consider to be even at championship standard. 

He's like Lloyd Dyer without the work rate and desire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Pfft. Makings of a guy who walks into helicopters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

All speculation of course but if it is Ferran Torres I wouldn't be massively pleased with that. Torres is an exciting prospect and has a high ceiling but we already have Barnes and, to a lesser extent, Gray as our younger wingers with potential to grow. I would be hoping for someone who has 3-ish seasons and a good goalscoring/assist record in a high quality European league behind them, who can come in command a starting position and really push the team on.

Like Perez?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I personally don't know that he even "has the makings" he can literally just dribble quickly. 

I genuinely can't think of a single quality beyond that that he has that I'd consider to be even at championship standard. 

He's like Lloyd Dyer without the work rate and desire. 

Yeah but you said the same about our and England’s current left back :D

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah but you said the same about our and England’s current left back :D

For me, the difference between Chilwell and Gray is that when given a season to really make the shirt his own he stepped up and showed considerable improvement. 

I still think he's a tiny bit overrated, I think defensively he's got some major work to do, but he's shown the capacity to improve. 

Gray is exactly the same player that arrived, maybe minus a tiny bit of confidence. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Yes but Perez is likely to be used in multiple positions throughout the season. 

Time will tell, I personally think he will be on the right wing but flexible when required. I think he will be a fantastic player for us and I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Is anything actually happening with this guy or have I got to trawl through pages of player bashing posts

We’ve been told by a couple of very reliable people that were in for a lad from Valencia. That’s all we know. :) 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Are we still using a post in which someone insisted they had been told by a 'reliable' source we are after a lad from Valencia. And we call The Sun posts....?‍♂️

He was spot on with the Perez deal and announced it before there was even a rumour. I'd say there is a good chance there is some truth in this. The question is which lad?!

• Like 1