Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Would you take 'doing a Spurs' if it meant keeping Tielemans?

No new signings all window, just a permanent move confirmed for YT?

Or a sprinkling of new players in various positions across the squad, but no Tielemans?

What you having?

Edited by ealingfox

Just now, Max Power said:

I think I probably would. Just don’t see us getting a better player than him and it’s such a key position. We need another wide player but every chance Barnes kicks on and we can reassess in Jan. 

Plus Congerton is in charge of our signings now so better off not risking new players for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd settle for Tielemans & a decent back-up striker and nowt else.

I'd even settle for that and Maguire leaving (not that I want him to go).

Though it would be nice to bring in a top winger or a back-up right back, we could live without them.

With the current squad, Tielemans & a back-up to Vardy, we'd have a pretty competitive squad.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'd settle for Tielemans & a decent back-up striker and nowt else.

I'd even settle for that and Maguire leaving (not that I want him to go).

Though it would be nice to bring in a top winger or a back-up right back, we could live without them.

With the current squad, Tielemans & a back-up to Vardy, we'd have a pretty competitive squad.

I think we're desperate for Tielemans and a top class winger, everything else is not so important.

• Like 2

We will I think get YT and nobody will leave and we'll buy a winger and get some cover for the RB position. I also expect us to try and sign another attacking, young squad central midfielder and a forward and I expect Christmas to be moved to somewhere mid November.

We don't need much but we need 2 or 3 quality players including Tielemans. We need players better than we already have, the squad is already good enough. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I think we're desperate for Tielemans and a top class winger, everything else is not so important.

If Vardy copped an injury in the first match, the lack of a back-up striker might suddenly seem very important.

I wonder who we'd play as striker? It's tantamount to torture to start Iheanacho from the apparent state of his confidence - and can't imagine it working.

Who else? Gray hasn't impressed when he's played out of position as striker. We need Maddison in midfield. There seem to be problems with Slimani if he comes back. Shinji has gone and was past it, anyway.

For me, a top winger would be the icing....but another decent striker is part of the cake....unless Brendan somehow works miracles with Iheanacho during the break.

Just opinions, anyway...

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

We will I think get YT and nobody will leave and we'll buy a winger and get some cover for the RB position. I also expect us to try and sign another attacking, young squad central midfielder and a forward and I expect Christmas to be moved to somewhere mid November.

Some real info at last ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

If Vardy copped an injury in the first match, the lack of a back-up striker might suddenly seem very important.

I wonder who we'd play as striker? It's tantamount to torture to start Iheanacho from the apparent state of his confidence - and can't imagine it working.

Who else? Gray hasn't impressed when he's played out of position as striker. We need Maddison in midfield. There seem to be problems with Slimani if he comes back. Shinji has gone and was past it, anyway.

For me, a top winger would be the icing....but another decent striker is part of the cake....unless Brendan somehow works miracles with Iheanacho during the break.

Just opinions, anyway...

if Vardy comes a cropper then whoever we get in will be inferior by a couple of levels, Iheanacho may still end up being the better player even if we got someone else in. If BR is happy not to replace Iheanacho then I'll back his judgement.

I'd much rather get in a top class winger to improve the first XI than worry about the "what if's" if Vardy gets a bad injury early on. 

To improve our first 11, we require somebody in the 'youri' role and a goalscoring winger. To become a better squad, we need a back up forward and another midfielder on top of that. To answer the topic question, if we could only get youri, then you would have to take it as he makes us so much better and cross our fingers that injuries are kind. 

Loads of time left though so would think we will get 3/4 in and a few out. Think it's going to be an almighty panic for a few clubs with the transfer window closing before start of season, hopefully we get our business sorted sooner as Rodgers with them for a full pre-season will only benefit us. 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

if Vardy comes a cropper then whoever we get in will be inferior by a couple of levels, Iheanacho may still end up being the better player even if we got someone else in. If BR is happy not to replace Iheanacho then I'll back his judgement.

I'd much rather get in a top class winger to improve the first XI than worry about the "what if's" if Vardy gets a bad injury early on. 

Likewise, I'll back his judgment whatever he does in whatever team position. Not much choice. Well, I might end up moaning if his decisions leave us bottom of the table, but can't see that happening.

Of course, I'd like to see us upgrade on the wings (though I hope that Barnes & Albrighton remain involved....not so sure about Gray - still less Ghezzal or Diabate).

I suppose that I just think that we'd cope OK with the existing wingers, but would immediately be in trouble if we lost Vardy.... I hope that I'm wrong. I'd like nothing better than for Iheanacho to come out and prove himself.

I wonder if BR might want to rest Vardy a bit more next season? He still looks very fit, but he's 32 now, so no spring chicken for a speedy striker. It's not only if he gets injured, it's player management & having a decent attacking sub to bring on if Vardy's knackered or having a bad game or we need to go more attacking to chase a game....

Anyway, all just opinions - and less well-informed opinions than Brendan's. Let's hope we get Tielemans and a top winger and a back-up striker. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I don’t think it would work for Tielemans if no further additions are forthcoming for a side who finished 9th last year. He has apparent interest from bigger clubs, to sell the project to him and to the other key players, the side must show ambition or we will simply be under pressure (not financially but from players wanting bigger moves) next summer. 

39 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think we're a youri tielemens and a second striker away from being a quality side, so i'd take doing a spurs.

The 2nd striker though doesn't really effect the team unless Vardy is injured or out of form, but what does effect the current team is a lack of goals and assists from out wide. If Vardy and Tielemans had the seasons they had last year for us again then add a winger in who scores and assists 20 goals and top 6 is within reach.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Normally that would be immensely disappointing but aside from a back-up striker and maybe a winger, what is there to need beyond YT?

A suitable option with a similar skill set to cover Maddison or Tielemans wouldn't go amiss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

No new signings all window, just a permanent move confirmed for YT?

Or a sprinkling of new players in various positions across the squad, but no Tielemans?

What you having?

lollollol its either 1st of April or a silly fecking questions thread. 

So here's mine. Who would like to shite broken glass for a week? lollollol

• Haha 2