Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CollinsLCFC

Greatest movie of all time.

That's the problem with greatest, it is just opinion, there are so many great to good movies that you could watch a different one every day of the year, unfortunately of course for every great movie there is almost innumerable dross and some movies are so bad they enter the great category :D

Children of Men

American Beauty

Goodfellas

The Red Violin

Enter the Void

and on and on and on...................... one of my favorite pastimes before Netflix. Going to the video store and watching movies all weekend.

The bottom line for me is that no movie is as good as when I saw them at the theatre.........Go to the theatre!

Edited by SO1

Guest seanfox778

Requiem for a Dream 

Donnie Darko

True Romance

Interstellar 

Halloween (1978)

Inception

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Clerks

These are my personal favourites

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Napoleon Dynamite

Brilliant film. Christ knows how many times I have seen it, but I will still watch it whenever I see it's on. Somewhat left field, but I would also add V for Vendetta and Dune. Both not really considered by critics to be particularly good, but I will always watch them on the rare occasion they make an appearance on telly.

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Love the usual suspects, pulp fiction, shawshank and the blues brothers that have already been mentioned.

Saving Private Ryan is also a brilliant film imo. 

If you can make it past the first ten or fifteen minutes.

Everyone always lists The Godfather, but I've never seen it, nor have any desire to - I guess it just isn't my "thing"

Thinking about some of the movies I've enjoyed the most over the years, I always like a good sci fi movie, so I'll submit The Martian, Interstellar and District 9.

I absolutely loved The Kings Speech, and Muriel's Wedding has also been underrated over the years. Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile both very great movies

Saving Private Ryan has stood the test of time; I made my 11 year old sit through the opening sequence the other night and he was as speechless as I've seen him in a while. But the film is not only about the opening scenes. The contrast between the thousands of lives pitted against each other at the start with the "one on one" knife killing between the American and German soldier in the bombed out town was very well done.

Senna also was really well done

And since the last few years I've been watching family movies, I'll throw Zootropolis and Inside Out in.

There. I doubt anyone else on the planet has that as a top 10 (or 11)!

Edited by stripeyfox
  • Like 1