Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

With 4/5 additions this window we would arguably have our best squad in my

living memory, if everyone is happy to stay then it makes sense not sell any

key players this window. We now have handful of players with a market value

of over 50 million that could be sold in future Windows if we need to balance

the books at a later date. 

• Like 3

I’ve always thought that we would try to spend big this summer with a view to recouping next if necessary..... perhaps in two.......

but if we continue to buy well then we should be well placed 20/21 or 21/22 to sell asset(s) and still be in a great place ...... I expect Brendan wants to have a go with the strongest squad he can and then review where we got to ..........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

I think you’re spot on that it will eventually be paid back through sales. I have wondered to myself whether this Maguire not for sale stance is to boost the transfer fee by another 10 mill and that behind the scenes they know they will accept a bid. 

If they aren't going to replace the spent money with a big player sale, then I don’t think we need to worry. King Power would fund it if anything went horribly wrong. Luckily they’ve built a club model that makes it a lot less likely for us to go down. 

@Babylon is right. We may well spend £80m net this season but if we do you can be assured the books will be balanced next season.

Bottom line is we're good for about a £30m net spend every season so if we extend ourselves this season the books will have to be balanced next season. My guess is we'll get Tielemans, an expensive winger and maybe two or three young players who come in to boost the squad like James Justin and maybe another MF in the mould of Tielemans or Maddison. We will probably sell Maguire to fund this spending and balance the books. 

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I would rather we get a forward in. As we are fvcked if vardy gets injured. I was hoping we’d get che adams from Birmingham but looks like he’s going Southampton. 

I can't see us getting a striker in while Vardy is still getting 15-20 goals, we will just gamble on his fitness and Iheanacho's form.

Once Vardy slows down and becomes a more peripheral figure a la Morgan, I thinks we'll go big on somebody.

Right now, getting top players in behind Vardy who can chip in with 10 goals a season as well as allowing Vards to knock in an extra 5 should be our aim. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

You won the league. How are you going to better that squad? I'm guessing your not 4 years old :D

16 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

IF we are going to do it then now is the time. Good squad, last year of having a 20 goals a season striker, some players will want to move soon enough and you have three of the big six in a bit of a mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SO1 said:

You won the league. How are you going to better that squad? I'm guessing your not 4 years old :D

Better in terms of Legend - no

Better in terms of ability - likely

I personally have never been more excited for a season to start. If we manage to sign Tielemans, hold onto Harry and sign a RW with 50% the impact Mahrez had, 1-11 that team could compete for Champions League.

We just need to improve 12-18.

Just now, Babylon said:

IF we are going to do it then now is the time. Good squad, last year of having a 20 goals a season striker, some players will want to move soon enough and you have three of the big six in a bit of a mess.

I've said it before, that this is the year to stick or twist. It's not been clear yet that what hand we've got to play. But if we're going to gamble big to achieve a Euro place then given the other clubs struggling or likely to struggle, now seems to be the chance to go for it this season. If the income we can muster from a possible decent Euro campaign balances the books, then we do it. Worse case scenario, we gamble it doesn't work, we sell a couple of high-profile players for silly money to balance the books.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I can't see us getting a striker in while Vardy is still getting 15-20 goals, we will just gamble on his fitness and Iheanacho's form.

Once Vardy slows down and becomes a more peripheral figure a la Morgan, I thinks we'll go big on somebody.

Right now, getting top players in behind Vardy who can chip in with 10 goals a season as well as allowing Vards to knock in an extra 5 should be our aim. 

You fancy gambling on Iheanacho's form?.. 

I wouldn't throw your money away mate! 

.. Better off putting a fiver on Harry Kane to win the Grand National. 

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He probably would win it by a nose tbh

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I can't see us getting anybody else in, and if that's the case it's a necessary gamble.

He'd be better out on loan in my opinion with someone like Sturridge coming in, but I don't think that'll happen.

If anyone can sort him out, it'll be Brendan.

Also, we still have Slimani on the books..... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

No I'm 96, I just don't have a very good memory.

I did use the word arguably, and who's to say we won't win the league by 20 pts this season.

47 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We have the same problem Tottenham do. Both of us play one up top and whoever we buy isn't going to replace our top striker so whoever comes here is only a back up to the main man.

I see a lot of people advocating the likes of Che Adams but he won't get in the team and there is no guarantee he's better than Iheanacho. 

I think there is every chance we don't buy a striker and BR will put his faith in Iheanacho as Vardy's back up. If BR thinks this is the best strategy I for one won't argue otherwise. It's a big season for Iheanacho as he needs to prove he belongs at this level as there are doubts about him. He can't keep living off his reputation that he gained as a teenager when he won the Golden Shoe in the U17 World Cup and was the most prolific striker in PL history in the metric of minutes per goal whilst at Man City.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Keita Balde?

Keeps being linked with a premiership move, seems to be available from Monaco for about £30m. Maybe its a double deal with Tielemans hence the hold up?

Did wonder about Balde myself, Arsenal keen apparently but several other clubs interested and he’s keen on a Premier League move. You would think Arsenal’s last priority should be an attacker with the state of their defence!

1 hour ago, Luttfox said:

Keita Balde?

Keeps being linked with a premiership move, seems to be available from Monaco for about £30m. Maybe its a double deal with Tielemans hence the hold up?

8 starts, 16 sub appearances for Inter last season, only managed 884 minutes of game time, so in less than 10 games playtime he still managed 5 goals and 2 assists, given a full season with a good run of games he could be a 20+ goals and assists a season player

Most likely he is also one of Arsenals targets if they are unable to get Zaha

Edited by moore_94