Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

15 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I would rather we get a forward in. As we are fvcked if vardy gets injured. I was hoping we’d get che adams from Birmingham but looks like he’s going Southampton. 

We need both, but if we are going to stand any chance of encroaching on the top 6 we have to strengthen our starting XI and especially out wide. A striker isnt going to replace Vardy except for injuries, suspensions or to change games.

2 hours ago, Guest said:

The Club are delighted to announce the signing of England international winger Andros Townsend for a club record fee #WelcomeAndros

I even have the slogan sorted-  Leicester goes to the TOWNsend 

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I even have the slogan sorted-  Leicester goes to the TOWNsend 

I was trying to think of a good corporate tagline but couldn't do better than something about him being (An)dross, which I suspect wouldn't get through marketing

Tielemans £40m, new winger £30/40/50m, Justin £5/10m, talk of another CM too (say £10/15m)

We've never had a net spend over £40m...Where's the money coming from?

Add on the new training ground/stadium costs. We must be expecting a big sale

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Tielemans £40m, new winger £30/40/50m, Justin £5/10m, talk of another CM too (say £10/15m)

Tanner saying we will spend this summer whether we sell Maguire or not. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Where’s the money coming from? Probably our billionaire owners highly successful business empire mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just surprised that we've apparently found an extra £60/70m to put in the transfer pot (than what we have tended to spend), at a time when we have other big expenses. We're in the era of FFP so I thought there would be a need to balance the books somewhat. 

25 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

150m per year revenue and tv rights.

If brighton are spending average 50m per season we should be doubling that

Just now, Poznan34 said:

I'm just surprised that we've apparently found an extra £60/70m to put in the transfer pot (than what we have tended to spend), at a time when we have other big expenses. We're in the era of FFP so I thought there would be a need to balance the books somewhat. 

We’ve got a great big bank loan facility. We can delve into that, but that money will get replaced via a sale at some point.

Just now, Fox85 said:

@Swan Lesta you see it’s this utterly delusional thinking that I end up arguing against.

@Fox85 Do you think the players play for free? The stewards and staff don’t ask for payment. Overheads on running a premier league club aren’t massive? We made a profit of ONE MILLION pounds in our last accounts ffs.

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Our revenues are £20m higher than Brighton, so we should be spending £50m more than them?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure what your point is here.

As I’ve said all along, absolutely thrilled if we do and that it’s entirely possible to do, you just kick the can down the road a bit... so be prepared for sales another year and no massive spending to replace them if that’s the case.

But... again, there has been little evidence that the club would do it as there is no precedent for it in this league and it simply isn’t just sitting around there to spend in the current accounts.

The argument has always been against people acting like it was a cast iron guarantee and that the money is there and  it’s no issue at all. At some point, an asset sale will mostly fund any purchases we make this summer. 

We also heard all of this last summer and we ended up getting most of it back through Mahrez. We currently have spent £6m and Tanner has hardly been a great source over the years, so let’s see where we end up.

I think you’re spot on that it will eventually be paid back through sales. I have wondered to myself whether this Maguire not for sale stance is to boost the transfer fee by another 10 mill and that behind the scenes they know they will accept a bid. 

If they aren't going to replace the spent money with a big player sale, then I don’t think we need to worry. King Power would fund it if anything went horribly wrong. Luckily they’ve built a club model that makes it a lot less likely for us to go down.