Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

4 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

No I'm 96, I just don't have a very good memory.

I did use the word arguably, and who's to say we won't win the league by 20 pts this season.

Never thought I'd meet someone on this forum who exceeded my optimism.:brendan_still:

Christian Pavon has fallen far from grace after the early hype. 

Only 3 goals in 20 games, injured half the season with persistent hamstring problems, hasn’t played for Argentina since October and didn’t even make the preliminary Argentina squad of 40 players for the Copa America. 

Boca were apparently trying to get rid of him for  £10,000,000 + add ons. This is 6 months after Arsenal couldn’t get a £40,000,000 transfer through.

Can’t see Ziyech not moving to an already established top 6 side. He’s more than proved himself now so I just can’t see it, unless for a bizarre reason there’s not interest in him from big sides and we can simply offer more cash 

Thos is going to be massively unpopular but in the 8/9 times I've saw Ziyech play, I've never really understood the fuss. 

Flashes of brilliance, yes but nothing special. 

Admittedly, around 5 of those times were for his national side so his form may differ from Ajax and I'm positive he's an upgrade on Gray but I dont think my pants would be quite as wet as others on here if he signed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’ve not seen enough of Bailey, nor anything of Sarr, but they’re names that get FT posters & the Twitterati excited.

Januzaj & Bowen however aren’t going to help us challenge the big 6, even if Bowen has PL potential.

I’m still hoping it’s Ziyech ?

Names that get us excited have to be taken with a huge grain of salt. Last season a number of us were excited about Elynoussi who went to Southampton and Jahanbaksh who went to Brighton, with both being abject failures. Felipe Anderson was another one that got us excited mind you and he did prove to be a great signing for West Ham.

Ziyech would be a brilliant signing but if anyone is expecting him they are going to be massively disappointed. He should be playing in the Champions League or Europa League at the minimum. I'd love him here as watching him playing for Ajax during their terrific run you saw just how good he is, but I think it's impossible to get him after the season Ajax just had.

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Thos is going to be massively unpopular but in the 8/9 times I've saw Ziyech play, I've never really understood the fuss. 

Flashes of brilliance, yes but nothing special. 

Admittedly, around 5 of those times were for his national side so his form may differ from Ajax and I'm positive he's an upgrade on Gray but I dont think my pants would be quite as wet as others on here if he signed. 

He’s a bit of a myth to be honest. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/tactical-analysis-hakim-ziyech-ajax-statistics/amp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ziyech's goals and assists are ridiculous, there's no debate to be had.

I'm not arguing that they are. I'm also not arguing that he's a top player, after all, not everyone can be wrong. 

I was just stating that the bunch of times I'd saw him play, he wasn't anything great. 

• Like 1