Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

30-50m Winger

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

We have the same problem Tottenham do. Both of us play one up top and whoever we buy isn't going to replace our top striker so whoever comes here is only a back up to the main man.

I see a lot of people advocating the likes of Che Adams but he won't get in the team and there is no guarantee he's better than Iheanacho. 

I think there is every chance we don't buy a striker and BR will put his faith in Iheanacho as Vardy's back up. If BR thinks this is the best strategy I for one won't argue otherwise. It's a big season for Iheanacho as he needs to prove he belongs at this level as there are doubts about him. He can't keep living off his reputation that he gained as a teenager when he won the Golden Shoe in the U17 World Cup and was the most prolific striker in PL history in the metric of minutes per goal whilst at Man City.

If Vardy was ever out for a period, then I'd have no hesitation in playing nacho - even tho I think he's poor.

As you say, to have a ready made understudy for Vardy is not viable.

Nacho would get the old 'run of games' - which might settle him down and avoid the snatching of chances he understandably does ATM

Also, the remaining 10 have to adapt. When Ulloa was Vardy's replacement the players adapted fairly easily to working with a different type of striker. It's all in the coaching and tactics ...an area where Rodgers should excel.

6 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

Seeing Everton linked with Neres, I'd be moderately suicidal if they got him instead of us

He is good friends with Richarlison so I suspect this might happen. Certainly I can’t see us getting him ahead of Everton because of that connection so set the speed dial to the Samaritans!

Bailey / Sarr / Januzaj / Bowen seem more likely to me. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

If we're going to spend big then go for Frederico Chiesa. Anyone that doesn't know him - imagine an Italian Son Heung Min.

Meaning Chiesa runs his ass off, is smart enough to exploit every pocket of space, and is a great passer with massive goal product as well?

Or he’s approaching top of Serie A in diving and hand jiving?

6 hours ago, scinnell said:

Leon Bailey. #ITK

Bailey’s looked mediocre in Jamaica’s Gold Cup matches.  It could just be poor setup and coaching, of course.  But he seems a raw, one-way player to me?  We've already got talented young wingers that need developed.  It's the one position where I feel we should invest in a proven player who'll provide consistency and end-product from the get-go.

p.s. did I just use "consistency", "end product" and "winger" in the same sentence?  Hope that didn't ruin my point

Edited by KingsX

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Meaning Chiesa runs his ass off, is smart enough to exploit every pocket of space, and is a great passer with massive goal product as well?

Or he’s approaching top of Serie A in diving and hand jiving?

I think he means Chiesa needs to win gold at the Asian Games in order to avoid 2 years mandatory service in the South Korean military. 

• Haha 1

Bailey is an interesting one. His first season with Leverkusen was superb with their fans blown away by both how good and how consistent he was and expecting the big move. But his last season was pretty ordinary by those standards he set in his first. 

But i’m a big fan of his and felt we should have signed him along with Ndidi as they played together. Different players obviously but I’d rate Bailey at the same level but as an attacking player. 

Ultimately I have no idea who we’ll get but with Leicester it’s never the marquee signings that turn out to be legends. Akinbiyi, Mills, Slimani all crap whereas Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, Huth, Kasper, Albrighton, etc all brilliant. Even over the last couple of seasons Nacho and Silva have been dross whereas Riccy P, Maddison, Maguire all superb. I know Riccy and Maddison were expensive but weren’t considered tier 1 signings by fans at the time. So as a result a more left field option might be the best result as long as he’s not another Ghezzal. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bailey is an interesting one. His first season with Leverkusen was superb with their fans blown away by both how good and how consistent he was and expecting the big move. But his last season was pretty ordinary by those standards he set in his first. 

But i’m a big fan of his and felt we should have signed him along with Ndidi as they played together. Different players obviously but I’d rate Bailey at the same level but as an attacking player. 

Ultimately I have no idea who we’ll get but with Leicester it’s never the marquee signings that turn out to be legends. Akinbiyi, Mills, Slimani all crap whereas Kante, Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, Huth, Kasper, Albrighton, etc all brilliant. Even over the last couple of seasons Nacho and Silva have been dross whereas Riccy P, Maddison, Maguire all superb. I know Riccy and Maddison were expensive but weren’t considered tier 1 signings by fans at the time. So as a result a more left field option might be the best result as long as he’s not another Ghezzal. 

Pereira was but I get the point your making.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

p.s. did I just use "consistency", "end product" and "winger" in the same sentence?  Hope that didn't ruin my point

I don't think it ruined it. 

It just narrowed it to a shortlist of roughly 4 lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure I read somewhere that Christian Pavon was going for the price of a Brucianni’s (RIP) butty.

wtf is that all about??

Pavon has been average this season apparently.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is good friends with Richarlison so I suspect this might happen. Certainly I can’t see us getting him ahead of Everton because of that connection so set the speed dial to the Samaritans!

Bailey / Sarr / Januzaj / Bowen seem more likely to me. 

I’ve not seen enough of Bailey, nor anything of Sarr, but they’re names that get FT posters & the Twitterati excited.

Januzaj & Bowen however aren’t going to help us challenge the big 6, even if Bowen has PL potential.

I’m still hoping it’s Ziyech ?