Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

A. Perez

11 hours ago, adam1 said:

Stats.

Perez. Most interceptions for a forward and second highest on number of tackles.

We have got him because we will be playing with a high press.

Think Shinji mark 2.

So we have signed the best defensive attacker in the league. :D

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I hate this time of year. Nothing gets done at work. I find myself just switching between FT, Twitter and Skysports.com to see if we have confirmed any signings yet. 

Today will be no different...

FT only for me. Can't get Twitter on work PC, can't use phone all day and don't trust Sky Sports.

59 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I really try to stay balanced on here especially first thing in the morning but this is an utterly moronic post.

Oh, I can do much better than that.

Whilst passing a particularly stubborn motion this morning, I dropped into the Newcastle forum to see what the Geordies were saying.  It makes for dismal reading.  I would strongly urge others not to do likewise.  These are the people that see him week in week out, so hardly moronic to be concerned that we have spaffed our winger budget on mediocrity.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m gonna order this for my holiday have you actually read it yourself?

Yeah mate it's really interesting, and given it's full of figures etc it does a good job of making it simple. Takes you through the stages of some of the biggest recent transfers. 

• Thanks 1

Good signing for me, looking forward to seeing what he can do in a team with some creativity.

the Support that he had at Newcastle shouldn't be overlooked - to return those numbers in a team that (if their performances against us are anything to go by) had absolutely zero creative intent should be applauded.

Also, part of me would love Newcastle to go down purely so another one of Mike Ashley's investments goes tits up.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Whilst passing a particularly stubborn motion this morning, I dropped into the Newcastle forum to see what the Geordies were saying.  It makes for dismal reading.  I would strongly urge others not to do likewise.  These are the people that see him week in week out, so hardly moronic to be concerned that we have spaffed our winger budget on mediocrity.  

Doesn’t help that Newcastle fans know that hardly any of the money will be put back into the squad

They have now lost both of their top goal scorers for last season and look pretty much set for a relegation battle next season

Of course they are going to be bitter about it and moan about him, however they can’t deny that without him last season they would probably have been relegated

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Fans in slagging off player that's leaving their club shocker!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Strangely I looked 24hrs ago and the opposite was being said. Was nominated for their player of the year award as well.

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Remember when Monaco fans were happy to get rid of Youri in January?

Different team with more technical ability, different ethos, attack minded team... I think Perez will do well here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Mate whatever they think of him, 12 goals in the prem for a bottom half side, mid 20s, versatile, hard working. That's 30m worth of anyone's money these days. And who says it's our winger budget? How people can moan at literally everything bemuses me. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not sure where this unicorn winger is to be found.

Any better than Gray...I.e pace AND end product... is likely to be a very sought after player indeed.

If I was a coach, I'd see enough raw material in Gray to get that harnessed and working. 

You kidding? The lad scored 4 goals and got 1 assist last season, likewise the seasons previous. Albrighton posts numbers that are vulgar and Ghezzal we have to assume is not going to make it here. That leaves Barnes who looks progressive and could be the winger who gives us the goals and assists that Mahrez used to do but we'd still ideally want a left footed right winger to come in and be an improvement.

Brais Mendez, Samuel Chukwueze, Thauvin, Ziyech, Sarr, Under, Robert Skov, Andreas Skov Olsen, Malcom, Cornet, Traore, Bergwijn, El Shaarway, Carrasco, Everton, McNeil, Bowen, Pjaca, Bruma

There's loads out there

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

I usually agree that you should pay attention to what the selling clubs fans are saying but something seems off about it this time. 

I dont understand why they're so critical of their top goal scorer the last two seasons running. Not only is he one of 5heir most creative players 4 years running buts he's always there or there abouts in terms of filling the goal. 

Hard to understand their resentment towards him. 

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm pretty much cut from the same cloth as you mate and find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts not just on this thread but others to. I'm also a perfectionist when it comes to LCFC and find fault with any player we sign unless they tick every box. JJ and Tielemans I'm 100% happy with but I can't say that about Perez, he feel a bit mediocre and no better than what we have and I believe we have 9 top class players in our team and wanted one or two more who are as good as the rest of the team.

However if I look at the positives of Perez, the signing here might be the making of him.

He's still only 25 but has PL experience and has ambitions to play for Spain so he must think he's good enough and if anyone can bring it out of him it's BR.

The stats that say he's ranked No1 and No2 for attacking players in tackling and interceptions is a stat that shouldn't be underestimated and I remember the own goal against us when he sprinted back from the halfway line to help his defence when other players were jogging. 

He's also got goals in him and it's important we find a regular source of goals outside Vardy. Having Maddison as the second most likely source of goals outside of Vardy isn't good enough when you're depending on a No8 to do this. I'm also going to accept that we're not paying £30m but £16m with add ons as some ITK's have claimed. 

He's not the signing I wanted to hear as I don't think he really improves the first XI but just gives us more options but he might become a revelation here in a more offensive team and surrounded by better quality players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I usually agree that you should pay attention to what the selling clubs fans are saying but something seems off about it this time. 

I dont understand why they're so critical of their top goal scorer the last two seasons running. Not only is he one of 5heir most creative players 4 years running buts he's always there or there abouts in terms of filling the goal. 

Hard to understand their resentment towards him. 

I will admit he does have times where it looks like he goes completely missing at times, but what can you expect in a poor performing team?

It probably doesn’t help that it looks like he has been trying to leave for Spain for a couple of seasons, and now he is leaving it is for another Prem team and not to Spain, probably see it as well all that talk about wanting to go home as rubbish

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Whilst its true some sound not bothered, there is also a S~it load of negativity and defeatism some just sound like they have given up! I think the consensus is that he is a player with real promise that has not been consistent enough, he has frustrated in the past and yes came good last season. But you just about right him off because off that?   Cup half empty!  if you really want to be that negative then spend more time in the Newcastle forum its really depressing you will fit right in ;) .  We have a buzz at Leicester and that’s the energy that can take us to the next level.   He has not even kicked a ball for us yet so get a grip,  are you having a bad week?

Edited by jamfox

5 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Whilst its true some sound not bothered, there is also a S~it load of negativity and defeatism some just sound like they have given up! I think the consensus is that he is a player with real promise that has not been consistent enough, he has frustrated in the past and yes came good last season. But you just about right him off because off that?   Cup half full!  if you really want to be that negative then spend more time in the Newcastle forum its really depressing you will fit right in ;) .  We have a buzz at Leicester and that’s the energy that can take us to the next level.   He has not even kicked a ball for us yet so get a grip,  are you having a bad week?

Seeing no end of Newcastle fans saying they won’t be renewing their season tickets now with Rafa leaving and now selling arguably their best player, stick a load of money on them going down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

Baffled at the negativity from some. We're buying a player who scored 12 goals from attacking midfield last season, he's only 25 so yes, he may have had 4 average seasons with Newcastle but he was what, 21-22-23? Give the lad a break. No one is saying he is Riyad Mahrez, doesn't mean he is complete shit. 

Those "average" seasons he still turned in numbers better than anyone else we've got has gone (barring Vardy). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, L3n9a said:

Baffled at the negativity from some. We're buying a player who scored 12 goals from attacking midfield last season, he's only 25 so yes, he may have had 4 average seasons with Newcastle but he was what, 21-22-23? Give the lad a break. No one is saying he is Riyad Mahrez, doesn't mean he is complete shit. 

He is Riyad Mahrez reborn

• Haha 1