Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We were looking at players to bring in what's your point? 

I think there's just an interest to know which players we were genuinely looking at, even if they didn't come to fruition it's nice to know which of the rumours were true targets

9 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Don't get me wrong. I think we got a great first 11 but I think there are 7 teams that have a better squad than us. Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, United, Everton and Wolves. 

Everton and Wolves absolutely not. Everton’s tactic has been tried by teams previously outside the top six and how often does it work? The foundations of our squad have been in place for a while, we just haven’t had a good enough coach to make the most of it. Now we do, we have a top manager, and we’ve got a fantastic, energetic side that is a match for anyone in this league. Call me mental, but I’m going to predict we will finish 5th. We’re a lot better than people think. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

Just now, nwl fox said:

I think there's just an interest to know which players we were genuinely looking at, even if they didn't come to fruition it's nice to know which of the rumours were true targets

The way we work, the club wouldn’t want them publicised .... we will likely be back for them .....

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Everton and Wolves absolutely not. Everton’s tactic has been tried by teams previously outside the top six and how often doesn’t it work? The foundations of our squad have been in place for a while, we just haven’t had a good enough coach to make the most of it. Now we do, we have a top manager, and we’ve got a fantastic, energetic side that is a match for anyone in this league. Call me mental, but I’m going to predict we will finish 5th. We’re a lot better than people think. 

Everton and Wolves are better than you think lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

To some on here it definitely is lol

I'd be delighted to win the FA Cup and finish 7th. Still means we play in Europe which is the ultimate gain. Plus silverware. Too 6 will strengthen guaranteed while the money is there.

Look winning the league in 2016 was beyond my wildest dreams.  As I am 42 I think we will win the FA Cup in my lifetime 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I totally agree.

6th place Manchester United were 14

points ahead of us last season. 

Arsenal were 18 points ahead in 5th

Yes we’ve strengthened, but so have they and everybody else.

How many points ahead of us were they when we brought Brendan in?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton and Wolves are better than you think lol

Everton have issues at centre back, only really have 2 senior centre backs in Mina and Keane, and Mina spent majority of last season injured and was poor when he did play (played the equivalent of less than 10 full matches)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Everton and Wolves absolutely not. Everton’s tactic has been tried by teams previously outside the top six and how often does it work? The foundations of our squad have been in place for a while, we just haven’t had a good enough coach to make the most of it. Now we do, we have a top manager, and we’ve got a fantastic, energetic side that is a match for anyone in this league. Call me mental, but I’m going to predict we will finish 5th. We’re a lot better than people think. 

I also think we're better than people think but I do think that Maguire was a big loss and we will miss him. I rate Caggers and Benko but they will make errors. You can't lose the world's most expensive CB and expect to be as strong at the back.

• Like 2