Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

What a load of rubbish. 

How exactly? Maguire struggles to play a high line as he has the agility of a fridge and has issues recovering positions whereas Cags can and is able to use his pace and agility to recover. 

Maguire is significantly more dominant in the air but both can play out the back. 

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agree up to a point. There's been a lot of revisionism about Maguire since he left, that he wasn't that good anyway and he wouldn't get into our current team. Clearly not an £80m player but certainly not a bum like he's portrayed to be by dome City fans. 

For sure that a lot of football fans, including those on football twitter have turned him into a joke rather than appreciating what he's great at. He'd clearly get into our side, but we'd need a reshuffle.   

Think we've all probably been guilty of writing him off over the last year or so 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 11:41, Koke said:

Agree up to a point. There's been a lot of revisionism about Maguire since he left, that he wasn't that good anyway and he wouldn't get into our current team. Clearly not an £80m player but certainly not a bum like he's portrayed to be by dome City fans. 

But then he wasn't a defensive God who we'd never replace as was the outside view two years ago. Looking at it simply, in the two years he was here we finished 9th. In the two years since, we've finished 5th.

Would we have done significantly better with him? Doubt it. He was a good player for us but not irreplaceable. He's generally been a good player for England both at us and at Man United.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corky said:

But then he wasn't a defensive God who we'd never replace as was the outside view two years ago. Looking at it simply, in the two years he was here we finished 9th. In the two years since, we've finished 5th.

Would we have done significantly better with him? Doubt it. He was a good player for us but not irreplaceable. He's generally been a good player for England both at us and at Man United.

Tbh iMaguire played under Shakespeare and Puel. Its ifs and buts I I know but I believe we'd still finish 5th twice of we had Maguire instead of Soyuncu. Also, Maguire did win player of the season here, even though many want to dispute if he deserved it or not. 

Good player for ir us. Not worth 80m, He was a meme for a good 18 months amongst football fans but he seem to have turned a page. 

Edited by Koke

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Always felt he got away with a bit of a free pass for a long time because of connection to a certain Mr Heskey.  Shocking every  time I seen him play which wasn’t that much granted . 

On 15/07/2021 at 10:59, Koke said:

Stil not worth £80m but maybe it's about time we respect Maguire as a player. He's turned things around since his debacle in Greece. 

As ever - you should check these stats before you post them.

It only takes a quick google to see that Maguire has never featured in either the World Cup team of the Tournament nor the Premier League Team of the Season.

It's a completely made up stat invented by some randomer online to get shares and get clicks.

Incidentally, Soyuncu *has* featured in the Premier League Team of the Season though. As has Wes Morgan. But not Maguire.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Kapustka just scored a worldie for Legia Warsaw in the 3rd minute in the CL elimination game against Flora Tallin then injured himself immediately afterwards when doing the celebration jump and had to be subbed off lol

I didn't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for the lad. He has some rotten luck 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Kapustka just scored a worldie for Legia Warsaw in the 3rd minute in the CL elimination game against Flora Tallin then injured himself immediately afterwards when doing the celebration jump and had to be subbed off lol

I didn't know if I should laugh or feel sorry for the lad. He has some rotten luck 

Artur Boruc in goal. 41! 

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Great run from his own half

https://streamja.com/yN5rp

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Great run from his own half

https://streamja.com/yN5rp

You can see the goal and the exact moment he injured himself few seconds later on the video here. Less than a minute later he was lying on the ground unable to continue

I'm gutted for Bartosz hopefully it's nothing long term... but you have to admit this is pure comedy gold lol

3 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

You can see the goal and the exact moment he injured himself few seconds later on the video here. Less than a minute later he was lying on the ground unable to continue

I'm gutted for Bartosz hopefully it's nothing long term... but you have to admit this is pure comedy gold lol

He injured himself celebrating lollol