Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Scunthorpe (A) Match Thread

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm a bit baffled. Ghezzal is by no means great or my favourite player, but he seemed more busy and productive than anyone else 2nd half. Had I not watched the game, some comments on here would lead me to believe he did nothing - it rather suggests that people sometimes watch with a pre-conceived notion of players, which I'm quite sure we all do to a degree, but come on.

He played one decent ball over the top a few minutes into the half, then he had one good chance that just went wide, apart from that I thought he was his usual garbage self.

The guy is too slow to go past people, he just gives the ball away. As for turning on the ball and looking backwards, every time he does that I just want to smash something.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

I’ve spent the last half hour trying to think up a decent FPL team name involving Ayoze. Please help lol

Ayoze, Mine and Ours

We’ll always have Pèrez

Ayo U Bigtime

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Scunthorpe might be "only" lower league opposition, but not everyone has fared so well...

Unnamed trialiast goal lol **** me, retire hurt now palace, I thought that shit only ever happened in the original football manager. lol 

• Haha 2

As has already been said, we had a very promising (not perfect) first half, using half of the 1st 11 and half reserves.

Followed by a pretty abject 2nd half, using a mix of reserves / u23’s / shop window players. 

It’s not really surprising how the game went on the whole.

Positives:

Great build up play with Ricardo, Perez, Tielemans and Vardy.

Perez finding the net on his first appearance.

A decent performance from Leshabela, building some confidence for the lad.

A clean sheet.

Amartey looking tidy after injury.

A high intensity first 45, which is good for fitness levels.

Negatives

Jakupovic made a couple of howlers with his distribution, possibly due to lack of game time / lost confidence etc

Soyuncu got caught in possession, whilst out of position a few times when marauding up the pitch. If he’s going to push forward, he needs to find a safe lay off at the end of it. 

The players in the second half that we may be looking to either loan out or offload (Jakupovic, King, Ghezzal, Elder, Knight, Iheanacho etc) did nothing really of note to help their causes.

Still early days though.

Bring on the next one!

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed that first half. Thought we played some really neat, controlled stuff - surprisingly sharp for a first friendly. If that's what we're turning in in the first friendly I'd like to see what else we've got.

Perez the sharpest. He was really decent.

I think with friendlies it's hard to read too much into them but with the first in-particular it's hard to be too harsh. The second half was a chore but it was a much weaker side than the first.

Decent run out.

6 hours ago, kingfox said:

He played one decent ball over the top a few minutes into the half, then he had one good chance that just went wide, apart from that I thought he was his usual garbage self.

The guy is too slow to go past people, he just gives the ball away. As for turning on the ball and looking backwards, every time he does that I just want to smash something.

Sums Ghezzal up fairly well. Never going to make it here. I find it hard to concieve that somebody decided this chap would be a good purchase. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

So I gather Perez looked good, then?

Indeed he did,  Really busy, great touches and deserved his goal.

Also thought Papy looked assured and quality too.

Ricardo is of course just top notch.

1st half very good, second half not so much.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally the big positive for me was Brendan giving it Nige vibe in his merchandise. 

Perhaps can go the whole effect and throttle someone on the touchline?