Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Amartey to .............

56 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

He's our third best right back, seventh best centre back and fourth best defensive midfielder - makes no sense to keep him considering he's going to take a while to get back to fitness after his injury. 

Bit of a misnomer to say he's our 7th best centre back. He has never had a chance to play there for us like he does when he captains Ghana.

At Sheff Utd with their marauding centre backs, he could recreate the youtube clip of the full length of the pitch run which got us all excited in the first place.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

We bought him three and a half years ago and he has managed to play less than 50 games for us. The young kid is 25 this year and to be honest I still dont know what his best position is. Right Backs in the modern day are meant to have pace and being able to cross where Amarteys crossing isnt so great, then we know he plays centre back for his nation and thats where he may be best but again looks very shaky and then theres defensive midfielder which again he did OK in but lacks much passing ability. He is one of those unfortunate players who is seen as a utility because he isnt top class in any one position but decent cover. With that, I would sell him on and not loan him and hopefully for his career, he gets regular game time and sticks to one position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't be upset if it's permanent tbh. Not convinced starting him will ever represent progress for us. 

i thought that about Barnes... didn’t think we could ever unlock that potential half a season of regular games with west brom did him the world of good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

?? Bit harsh he was one of our better performers before he got injured.

Absolute ideal move for him.

If we want to compete for the top 6 he is simply not good enough. He is far too laboured in possession. Yes he is neat and tidy but that is all he can offer.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

i thought that about Barnes... didn’t think we could ever unlock that potential half a season of regular games with west brom did him the world of good.

Harvey Barnes was a twenty year old that had never had any real run at first team football here. 

You were wrong to write off Barnes that early. 

We've seen plenty of Amartey playing in the Prem in numerous positions. He's played nearly fifty games for us. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Harvey Barnes was a twenty year old that had never had any real run at first team football here. 

You were wrong to write off Barnes that early. 

We've seen plenty of Amartey playing in the Prem in numerous positions. He's played nearly fifty games for us. 

I always thought a couple of his biggest issues were a lack of belief in himself and that he took an age to bed himself into the team. Quite a few times he's come into the team and look very shaky and not with it. Then he beds in and starts performing fairly well, only to end up going to AFCON, or getting injured etc. 

I think he could carve out a decent career if he can find someone to install some faith in him. 

• Like 1

I don't mind Amartey and would be happy to have him here if we had a much smaller squad but we have a bloated squad and he is 25 and there are more than one player ahead of him in every position. I would prefer to this to be a sell than a loan as Sheff Utd would be able to offer a decent fee.

A squad should be full of players who are first team starters, young players with potential like Barnes, Choudhury, Justin, etc or old stalwarts holding the fort until they are replaced like Morgan and Fuchs.

You could make the case that Amartey doesn't fit into any of these categories.

Don't think he was that bad as some fans made out *cough* @Col city fan

Before he got injured last season he was having a decent spell at RB.

He had a decent spell in central midfield in our Champions League season too.

Just been on the Sheff Utd forum though, I find it funny that they think we signed him as a replacement for Kante lol 

If he goes to Sheff Utd it'd be interesting to see if Wilder try's him at CB, whatever happens though I can see him being very hit and miss with them as he was with us. 

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally I don’t think he strengths Sheff U significantly either. 

Pace of PL is too quick for the lad and prone to lapses in concentration

Absolute guff. He is a good player and will be very good in time. Show me a player who doesn’t make mistakes. 

40 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Absolute guff. He is a good player and will be very good in time. Show me a player who doesn’t make mistakes. 

He's played 50 games for us. 

16/17

Played central midfield as we neared the relegation zone in 16/17. Played just three full games of the CL campaign - his performance at home to Porto the standout. 

17/18

Has two appearances in the first half of the season. Came on to shore up midfield on opening day at 3-2 up, lose the game. Comes against Manchester United - subbed on minute 57, yellow carded minute 69, second yellow 74. January sees a five game run of mixed results. Suffers an injury. 

18/19

Dropped after the first game because he makes an incredible handball error at Old Trafford after 3 minutes! Gets back for a 6 game stint - which is mixed results. Suffers an injury - adding to a very existing patchy record. 

If that's the definition of a good player, Ghezzal is a good player. His mistakes are idiotic, not technical issues. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

How was he playing before the leg break?  Pretty damn well in my opinion. People are too quick to write players off. 

That does not not apply to Ghezzal though. He genuinely is guff :D

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Because he’s not?

He's crap. No footballing brain and limited technical ability. Classic case of Leicester fans elevating the ability of a player just because they have 'character' and 'heart' and work hard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He's crap. No footballing brain and limited technical ability. Classic case of Leicester fans elevating the ability of a player just because they have 'character' and 'heart' and work hard. 

Or the classic case of writing someone off too soon. Maybe we are both at opposite ends of the spectrum here and the truth rests somewhere between?

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Or the classic case of writing someone off too soon. Maybe we are both at opposite ends of the spectrum here and the truth rests somewhere between?

He's been here 3 and a half years and is 25, how can it be a case of writing someone off too soon? 

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

How was he playing before the leg break?  Pretty damn well in my opinion. People are too quick to write players off. 

That does not not apply to Ghezzal though. He genuinely is guff :D

He's played over 60 games for Leicester - I don't think that's a case of a quick write off. 

In his last spell continued spell at right back, we beat Southampton, Huddersfield and Newcastle - lost to Everton and Arsenal, drew to West Ham. I think that sums him up as a player really.