Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Amartey to .............

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Don't think he was that bad as some fans made out *cough* @Col city fan

Before he got injured last season he was having a decent spell at RB.

He had a decent spell in central midfield in our Champions League season too.

Just been on the Sheff Utd forum though, I find it funny that they think we signed him as a replacement for Kante lol 

If he goes to Sheff Utd it'd be interesting to see if Wilder try's him at CB, whatever happens though I can see him being very hit and miss with them as he was with us. 

You laugh but for a while he actually was. Harrowing stuff.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's played 50 games for us. 

16/17

Played central midfield as we neared the relegation zone in 16/17. Played just three full games of the CL campaign - his performance at home to Porto the standout. 

17/18

Has two appearances in the first half of the season. Came on to shore up midfield on opening day at 3-2 up, lose the game. Comes against Manchester United - subbed on minute 57, yellow carded minute 69, second yellow 74. January sees a five game run of mixed results. Suffers an injury. 

18/19

Dropped after the first game because he makes an incredible handball error at Old Trafford after 3 minutes! Gets back for a 6 game stint - which is mixed results. Suffers an injury - adding to a very existing patchy record. 

If that's the definition of a good player, Ghezzal is a good player. His mistakes are idiotic, not technical issues. 

Hard but fair, sadly. I can't really see what he's particularly good at.

• Like 1

I like Amartey and he has had some good games for us. I still think he has potential to improve. His injuries haven't done him any favours, either. Playing him in multiple positions probably hasn't helped him. But, we are a completely different team to when he signed. Look at the quality of players we have! There is no shame in not getting into our current squad, and it doesn't mean he becomes instantly crap. I like Amartey, but we have probably moved on, as a team.

Divided opinion it seems, maybe someone who knows how, can do a poll... loan or sell.. 

I'm in the loan out camp, as he think he is an ok player and gives good depth to the squad in a few positions. Hopefully, given constant time on the pitch will improve him and its something we can not offer. If he does step up then we either sell for a better fee than we'd get now or if he really steps up we keep. 

I dont see the point of selling at this point as any potential club will be hesitant to spend ££ on a player coming back from a long injury. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's played 50 games for us. 

16/17

Played central midfield as we neared the relegation zone in 16/17. Played just three full games of the CL campaign - his performance at home to Porto the standout. 

17/18

Has two appearances in the first half of the season. Came on to shore up midfield on opening day at 3-2 up, lose the game. Comes against Manchester United - subbed on minute 57, yellow carded minute 69, second yellow 74. January sees a five game run of mixed results. Suffers an injury. 

18/19

Dropped after the first game because he makes an incredible handball error at Old Trafford after 3 minutes! Gets back for a 6 game stint - which is mixed results. Suffers an injury - adding to a very existing patchy record. 

If that's the definition of a good player, Ghezzal is a good player. His mistakes are idiotic, not technical issues. 

Really hope you didn't get this from his Wikipedia page...  

27 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Divided opinion it seems, maybe someone who knows how, can do a poll... loan or sell.. 

I'm in the loan out camp, as he think he is an ok player and gives good depth to the squad in a few positions. Hopefully, given constant time on the pitch will improve him and its something we can not offer. If he does step up then we either sell for a better fee than we'd get now or if he really steps up we keep. 

I dont see the point of selling at this point as any potential club will be hesitant to spend ££ on a player coming back from a long injury. 

Sell, sell, sell.

People on here want to play it too safe too often. Anyone with the slightest bit of potential people prefer to see loaned out until they've been proven not good enough. I quite like Amartey and feel he would prove a worthy squad player in a smaller squad but he's 25 now and will never be a world beater. If you get the opportunity to sell players for good money who will never likely be a first team player then sell and move on. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Sell, sell, sell.

People on here want to play it too safe too often. Anyone with the slightest bit of potential people prefer to see loaned out until they've been proven not good enough. I quite like Amartey and feel he would prove a worthy squad player in a smaller squad but he's 25 now and will never be a world beater. If you get the opportunity to sell players for good money who will never likely be a first team player then sell and move on. 

So............Can I put you down as an undecided voter?  :unsure:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

So............Can I put you down as an undecided voter?  :unsure:

I've zero problem with Amartey but anyone unlikely to trouble the first XI in their career then a cash offer is always welcome. I'd sell at least a dozen of the squad for fair value cash offers tomorrow if I could. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I've zero problem with Amartey but anyone unlikely to trouble the first XI in their career then a cash offer is always welcome. I'd sell at least a dozen of the squad for fair value cash offers tomorrow if I could. 

Oh - don`t disagree, just trying to get myself in a position where I judge him on his merits. I quite like the guy, but for the team? He does not offer enough to warrant being in the first 2 choices for any given position (CB, RB, DM). Although the choice not to at least try him at CB for a bit does wrankle a bit.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Sell, sell, sell.

Not so sure we would get good money for him though if we sold now. 

I take on board your point about people wanting to keep for potential but my reasons to loan over sell were down to the money factor really. We will get more for him in winter or next year if he does ok and isn’t injured again. 

I doubt many clubs will offer top Wack now for a player coming back from injury. 

Could Ofc be all wrong in my assumptions but that’s how I would see it 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh - don`t disagree, just trying to get myself in a position where I judge him on his merits. I quite like the guy, but for the team? He does not offer enough to warrant being in the first 2 choices for any given position (CB, RB, DM). Although the choice not to at least try him at CB for a bit does wrankle a bit.

There are still question marks about how good he can be but at 25 I think it's fair to assume he would never become one of our better players. If we sold him for cash we might look like we undervalued him a couple of years but cest la vie.

Sell, move on and attempt to get rid of every player in the squad who never looks like they'll offer the first team much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Harvey Barnes was a twenty year old that had never had any real run at first team football here. 

You were wrong to write off Barnes that early. 

We've seen plenty of Amartey playing in the Prem in numerous positions. He's played nearly fifty games for us. 

I don’t think he’s ever had a consecutive run of games like Barnes has though..

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He's played over 60 games for Leicester - I don't think that's a case of a quick write off. 

In his last spell continued spell at right back, we beat Southampton, Huddersfield and Newcastle - lost to Everton and Arsenal, drew to West Ham. I think that sums him up as a player really. 

I respect your opinion. 

Mine differs.