Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Amartey to .............

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

He is a good young player.

I think a half season loan to Sheffield would be great for him and Sheffield but I certainly do not want to sell him. He's back from injury and he has a lot of talent which could be about to explode.

Dan is a big lad, if he explodes he going to make one hell of a mess :o

Brilliant if a loan move.

He needs consistent first team game time at this point in his career, and he will not get that here.  Loan him out for the season in the PL, see how he gets on, and then reassess next season. He is still young.

Edited by CollinsLCFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't think he's quite good enough. Not really sure what people are seeing that I'm not to be honest. Can't see where he ever starts for us.

Think it's more as a utility player who can cover three positions off the bench can free up space for more attacking players

Plotting?? A new word for the Sky sports bell-ends to use as they have worn out ‘we are told’ - ‘we understand’ ‘ our sources tell us’.

Loan fine, but do not sell. More deserving cases for the chop than him.

Keep him as back up for now but let him go at the end of the season. realistically is he going to become a regular first team player. probably not. he's been here a while now and is just known at a utility player.  he's a jack off all trades player, competent in different positions but not an expert in any

5 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Keep him as back up for now but let him go at the end of the season. realistically is he going to become a regular first team player. probably not. he's been here a while now and is just known at a utility player.  he's a jack off all trades player, competent in different positions but not an expert in any

:o

• Haha 4

i think a loan would be best initially. if he does improve and shows something then we at least have the choice of keeping him. if he does well for them, but we think he's not really in our future plans, then they are likely to want to buy him and we can move him on.

This would be a great move for him IMO. Amartey has the physicality to succeed in the Premier League, but isn't the most technical. In preseason so far he's not been bad at all, but you can just see that he plays the ball a lot slower than other players, and he takes that second or two too long to get the ball moving again. But in terms of being a man mountain and steady, he's decent. I think if he played in a team that suited his strengths like Burnley, Newcastle, Sheffield United he would be pretty good.

36 minutes ago, Lcfcrory said:

Think it's more as a utility player who can cover three positions off the bench can free up space for more attacking players

But even then I think every position he covers is covered without him. Centre half we've got four minimum in front of him. Right back we've now got Ricardo and Justin (suppose say you were without both Ricardo and Chilwell you could go Justin left back and Amartey right back but even then you've got Fuchs). Centre mid we've got Ndidi, Choudhury and Mendy all in front of him for me.

Nothing against him. No issue with his character at all but just not really that good to be honest. He's not really higher than fourth choice in any position. Not the first player in the squad I'd get rid of but we don't really dictate who goes first here. Good luck to him. It's a good move.