Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Amartey to .............

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Need to find the video of that goal he scored for Copenhagen when he ran the length of the pitch.

Seems to have disappeared, or did I dream it :dunno:

He doesn't score, he draws a penalty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Need to find the video of that goal he scored for Copenhagen when he ran the length of the pitch.

Seems to have disappeared, or did I dream it :dunno:

Did he score? I thought he sprinted the length of the pitch and got fouled in the box at the end of it...

ahhh beaten to it by knitro :)

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

Fulham are keen on signing Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey.

The Cottagers will rival Premier League new boys Sheffield United for his signature, according to a report by Football Insider.

Amartey, who is 24 years-old, is set to leave the Foxes before the end of the transfer window on Thursday for more first team opportunities.

Fulham lost their opening game of the Championship season against Barnsley at Oakwell on Saturday and are keen to add to their ranks this week. Scott Parker’s side have so far managed to sign Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion and Wolves respectively.

IN OTHER NEWS:  Blackburn Rovers, Brentford, Wigan Athletic and Portsmouth express interest in Everton youngster
Amartey has now emerged on their radar as the London side aim to boost their midfield options.

The Ghanaian international joined Leicester in January 2016 from FC Copenhagen for a fee of around £6 million and was part of the Foxes side who won the Premier League title in his first season at the club.

He has made 64 appearances for the top flight outfit since his move to the King Power Stadium and has not been a regular starter. Therefore, he could be on his way now.

IN OTHER NEWS:  Predicted West Brom starting XI against Nottingham Forest
Prior to his move to England, Amartey had spells at International Allies, Djurgårdens IF Fotboll and Copenhagen.

The versatile midfielder would be a smart signing for Fulham but they will have to rival Sheffield United if they are to bring him to Craven Cottage.

So we sell a player (that can play CB if need be) for some misely fee and then blow millions of pound notes on Tarkowski and bin off Soyuncu and Benkovic.  Mmm   Good strategy??

Ought to keep him, given the likelihood that we will not be bringing in outside cover to offset the sale of Maguire. That said, if he’s not going to be given the chance to play at CB - I can understand why a sale might be in order.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2019 at 10:30, Finnegan said:

He'll be twenty five in December and still nobody knows what his actual best position is. He's fairly mobile and fairly strong with a great motor and he works hard. 

But he's barely better on the ball than Ndidi and he's definitely worse off it. 

Think the idea that he's still got potential to turn in to a key member of our squad is just wishful thinking based on the fact he's a grafter and he seems like a nice lad. 

We probably have to be honest enough to accept he'll have a better career at a club that's currently got slightly lower ambitions and I don't think that's cruel to say. 

Think this is a very fair post. I like Amartey, but I’m seeing various posts saying he has a lot of potential. In all honesty, has he actually demonstrated that he has a lot of potential? He’s nearly 25, so I don’t really class him as a youngster anymore and apart from 5-6 half decent games he hasn’t shown much here unfortunately. Like other posters have said, I can’t see him ever starting regularly here and if he does then that won’t represent progress in our starting XI from what it currently has. Loan for a season could be a better idea to see how he gets on but if we could get anywhere between 5-10mil for him I’d probably snatch their hand off.

For those saying we should keep him because he can play CB, I disagree. I haven't seen him play there personally, but from his performances in other positions I don't see anything that suggests he would make an adequate CB at prem level. And before people start talking about playing for Ghana at CB, I don't care, Fuchs played CB for Austria and he was atrocious when he played that role for us. Personally I like the bloke, but I don't think he has the quality and would rather cash in. 

Versatile and useful type of player to have around the squad. Was actually doing Ok until his injury. that said I think he should definitely consider a move for his own career prospects. After such a nasty injury he needs to "get back on the horse" so to speak and needs regular game time in order to maintain his place in his national side which he is not going to get here now.

from all accounts he seems a likable lad and I am sure he will do a good job for someone somewhere.  Not sure what we paid for him or his current value etc but I think we should give him the chance to forge a career elsewhere with our best wishes.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I still find it weird when he's called a midfielder. I swear he has played as a CB for all other clubs and country.

I think he played CM for Copenhagen. My girlfriend's brother (A Copenhagen native) says he was one of the best CM's they ever had.

Just had very limited opportunities here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

I think he played CM for Copenhagen. My girlfriend's brother (A Copenhagen native) says he was one of the best CM's they ever had.

Just had very limited opportunities here.

Just had a look on Transermrkt and they have him down as being predominantly a DM most of his time, so it turns out I've been living a lie for 3 years haha