Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, easilee said:

Fair warning.

This is probably the most irritating video you will watch for a good while.

Still mildly amusing though.

Managed to watch about 20 mins of that.

He actually makes some really good points but unfortunately it’s ruined by the 5 mins of maniacal laughter in between each one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, easilee said:

Fair warning.

He isnt wrong in what he is saying, but damn...

what a weirdo.

Also the strangest Manc accent i have ever heard.

i bet i have been Old Trafford more times than this guy, although for most man utd fans, that is true.

8 hours ago, easilee said:

Fair warning.

Urgh. Would be entertainer trying to tap into the football rhetoric. 

On 25/10/2019 at 11:28, murphy said:

I haven't watched any Celtic games and I don't know Ajer but surely Benkovic was hailed as their best centre half when he was there?  Why swap him for a lesser team mate?

Edit - just read online that Celtic are to offer him a huge new contract to tempt him to stay - as much as £25k p/w  lol

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kristoffer-ajer-transfer-celtic-zenit-16780859

The article goes on to say that would make him one of the highest earners at the club. WTF? That is probably only slightly more than our basic starting rate for a junior senior squad member.

Goes to show just how massive the gap is between the two leagues, and they are the wealthiest club. God help the rest of them. No wonder they struggle to hold onto any decent players

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

The article goes on to say that would make him one of the highest earners at the club. WTF? That is probably only slightly more than our basic starting rate for a junior senior squad member.

Goes to show just how massive the gap is between the two leagues, and they are the wealthiest club. God help the rest of them. No wonder they struggle to hold onto any decent players

There was an article today looking at average earnings at premier league teams. Ours was £50k per week. Sheffield United only £9k. They are doing some seriously impressive work!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rachhere said:

There was an article today looking at average earnings at premier league teams. Ours was £50k per week. Sheffield United only £9k. They are doing some seriously impressive work!

Sounds about right. The senior players such as Vardy/Kasper are on around £120K+ whereas the newly promoted/signed younger players such as Hamza, Barnes and possibly Chilwell and Gray, will still be getting £20k+ on their first professional contracts as first team squad members. the likes of Maddison, Ricardo on their original PL contracts i believe are on somewhere in the region of £45k. Add into the mix there will be a few senior players such as Albrighton, Evans and Ndidi (who sign ed new contract last year) somewhere in between the middle and top earners.

This why we need regular European football to fund the sort of wage bill that being able to compete with some of the bigger clubs and retain our best players will entail.

Giving young talent the chance to come through is great, and those players will think all their xmases have come at once when a £10k per week (thats half a million a year) contract is put in front of them as a twenty year old. However, it doesn't take long for their heads to be turned when they read about some of the ridiculous wages that are being payed to players at other clubs that they feel (rightly or otherwise) that they are actually better than.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Whatever people may say about him he was a great player for us during his time here .

Well done Harry well deserved.

'Maguire replaces Young as Man Utd captain'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11910547

he was great in his first season with us.

But last year he was hit and miss to say the least, i do not miss the random lumbering forward over the halfway line then misplacing a pass.

good luck to him though, will look better when they sack OGS and put a manager in that knows what they are doing and how to play Harry.

32 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Whatever people may say about him he was a great player for us during his time here .

I'm not sure he was great, good, sometimes very good, but I wouldn't say great.

If he was great what does that make Jonny Evans? 

39 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Great player .. no Good player yes, please realise that the 2 centre backs a BOTH better than him

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I dont think he was great. I think he was average, he started well but I cant remember too many games where I thought he was great.

45 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Good player, he was a good player... did our defensive record even improve with him in the team? The only time it got better I think, was when we played about 12 DM's in front of him. 

41 minutes ago, Cujek said:

he was great in his first season with us.

But last year he was hit and miss to say the least, i do not miss the random lumbering forward over the halfway line then misplacing a pass.

good luck to him though, will look better when they sack OGS and put a manager in that knows what they are doing and how to play Harry.

Don't even think that's true. During the November of his first season he was getting rightly criticised for defensive mistakes (Stoke away he was a joke). No doubt a good player but I think once the novelty of Leicester actually having a CB that could play a bit with the ball at his feet people saw that he wasn't all that and he hardly improved either. 

26 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Don't even think that's true. During the November of his first season he was getting rightly criticised for defensive mistakes (Stoke away he was a joke). No doubt a good player but I think once the novelty of Leicester actually having a CB that could play a bit with the ball at his feet people saw that he wasn't all that and he hardly improved either. 

When we played Hull at the end of the great escape season, he was imperious and i was screaming sign him up, we did just that.

but you are right he is dodgy sometimes i think you are also right on the novelty factor, a giant of a man running in slow motion is a sight to behold.

i think he is better than he looks at times, but he lets himself down a lot also with bad positioning and with the pace of a snail he cant really afford to be out of position.