Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

1 hour ago, Tommo220 said:

is Maguire REALLY Captain material?

He's never struck me as a leader and ability-wise it was only a fortnight ago that united fans were sharing videos about what a massive waste of money he was!

The same club made Wayne Rooney captain.....

I don't think he even made it into the leadership group at Leicester did he? Given that our leadership group contains the 22 yr old Chilwell and the recently joined Tielemans, it's interesting that he's the most leader-like candidate over there..

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I did tell ya Harry would become Utd captain..

He’ll be England skipper at some point too

He’s very well thought off in terms of his leadership credentials 

I said this soon after he played his first few games for us but realised that he won't with Kane around, his move to Man Utd might have gave him a slightly better chance of it but still don't think he has a chance whilst Kane's about, he's the FA's golden bollocks.

I do think and it may be subconscious schdenfruade but I can't help thinking he does look out of his depth and like a rabbit in the headlights at Man Utd though - either way captain of such a bad dressing room, so many egos and big heads, so much unrest, captain of the worst Man Utd squad in years, enjoy.

Edited by Matt

12 hours ago, Cujek said:

When we played Hull at the end of the great escape season, he was imperious and i was screaming sign him up, we did just that.

but you are right he is dodgy sometimes i think you are also right on the novelty factor, a giant of a man running in slow motion is a sight to behold.

i think he is better than he looks at times, but he lets himself down a lot also with bad positioning and with the pace of a snail he cant really afford to be out of position.

We are the team that makes these signings...the big boys just want to cherry pick from us. Shame these big clubs don't try it themselves!!! Shows you just how well we are run !!

http://amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1540449-manchester-united-fans-comments-about-harry-maguire-from-september-have-gone-viral%3famp

Not to rub it in, but a lot us here (me included) thought he was an average defender at best and our defence was (and is) so much better without him.  He was overhyped because of his runs which 99% of the times ended up producing nothing. So glad he left.

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

And why all this interest in an ex-player who just happens to be the captain of the worst ever Manure team? Move on.

Because we're still pinching ourselves that we actually got paid £80 million to strengthen our defense. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Haha 2

I stand by what I said all along. Average at best, not bothered he's gone, we got a ridiculously overpriced fee and Man Utd are completely average - everyone's a winner :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Do we really need to slag. Set the 80mil aside, he was a good player for us and improved our style. His ball playing allowed the midfield to push at least 30 yards further forward. That was the starting point of our football revolution. It's a bit childish to be all nah, nah to HM now.

Football, from a fans perspective,  is about gloating.