Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Monty

Maguire gone (official).

I hope Vardy tears him a ****ing new one multiple times when we play them. The little shithouse will be eyeing those games up against United already as well I reckon. Let’s see what you’re really made of then Harry, let’s see how good you are on the big stage then. 

I think Harry can hold his head high for the way he’s handled himself, and he deserves credit for doing so.

Be under no illusions, most players today would have made much more fuss to agitate for a move that doubled their wages.

I wish you well Harry, just not against us. You seem like one of the decent guys in the game.

Seriously though, how many fans would have thought twice if a few weeks ago you were offered to swap Harry in the squad for Youri no questions asked? Leave alone Harry for Youri AND 40mill?!

No doubt our squad is poorer for not having him in it, he’s a quality defender that can play, but on the whole, our squad is in a fantastic state, and in a great place to achieve something great this season!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think we should give all of our transferred players a good reception unless there is a good reason not to.  Do you only reserve a welcome for players if they won the league then?  

Harry has been great for us, become an England regular and earned us a huge profit.  He has gone to the biggest club in the country and if that makes you angry you should try to accept the natural order of things.  Good players will always take an opportunity to play for the biggest clubs.  We will see it happen again next year.

All that bitterness is not healthy you know and Harry has done nothing to deserve it.

I would be indifferent just cheer us on yes we got a good profit but so will he somewhere in the region of 60mil plus other add ons within his contract and the move so let’s cut the sentimental bit it’s business

33 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is really annoying that so called big clubs can just keep nabbing the best players from their competitors in the same league. Develop and find your own players!

It is really annoying also that our best players keep getting nabbed by the big clubs: Kante, Mahrez, etc.

No wonder smaller clubs cannot compete.

The FA should consider some transfer rules against this and apply a special tax on top of transfer fees to discourage this for the good of the game.

Having said this, if they want our best players, then they well need to pay a premium! In this regard, I am happy that we got £80mil for Maguire - an above average defender at best. ?

Are you suggesting that clubs should only be able to play players that they develop?  So where do we get our players from? 

I bet that you weren't saying this when Harry left Hull to join us.  

Mahrez' sale allowed us to bring in Evans, Maddison and Ricardo.  Harry's sale allows us to buy Tielemans, Perez and Justin.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, brucey said:

Why would a Sheff U fan dream of playing for Man U? :huh:

He never said it was his dream in the intro video by manure.. quit the BS momma you would have said the same if it were man city, chelsea etc lol

The comment below.....

Screenshot_20190805-112833_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I feel slightly miffed when he talks about being excited by OGS's vision and plans for the club as one of the reasons for his move. It's tantamount to saying that Brendon, Top and Leicester's vision and plans weren't good enough.

Obviously I'm biased but I reckon team like Leicester trying to break into top 6 team like Man U struggling to maintain place in top 6 is far more vision from us.

Empty words to appease the plastic millions from Slabhead there.

I agree Trav

i think that is the disappointing angle of all this

not fussed about him going generally as if you think the grass is greener and all that 

• Like 1

All the best to big Harry!

I am gonna miss his attitude and marauding runs with the ball. I still remember the 2017-2018 League Cup defeat against Man City, where everyone looked absolutely battered in extra time and he just kept marauding forward with the ball and tried to energize the team. Man Utd got a good one.

£80 million you going bite their hand off, but for Magurie it's, the wrong move, Man utd are still a long way off Liverpool and Manchester city. I think he should given Rodgers a chance and started the season with us and see where it took us, he could have baled in January if he wanted higher things, but he's gone, good luck to him, onwards and upwards, any team is more than one player, thats especially true at Leicester, we have enough quality in our side to give any of the top sides a run for their money. 

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1